Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool - 04/05/19 - Post match reaction from p 27

Greg

What I find so sad is I’ve witnessed NUFC fans more offended by rival fans in the home end celebrating or cheering their own team on or more offended when a fellow Toon fan doesn’t sing along, take his shoes off or stays behind after the 90 minutes is up more than being offended when someone is using racist language or displaying racist behaviour. One act seemingly too offensive to resit kicking of over than the other. I’ve seen fans complain to stewards about swearing or people smoking and doing fuck all about any racist shit.

Anyone who took offence against a Liverpool fan whether they were celebrating, provoking someone or abusive and threatening themselves, by assaulting them are scum and deserve banned for life and prosecuted.

And anyone who thinks it’s fair game to dish out violence or abuse to a rival fan celebrating and cheering on their team as deserving such treatment or have only themselves to blame, you are scum too.

Football doesn’t give anyone the right to behave like dickheads or consider that the law and common decency doesn’t apply to those attending a football match.

Honestly, what a an absolute load of Daily Mail sanctimonious shite.  Is it right? No of course not. Should we have all evolved where we can sit back like good citizens and 'let the authorities deal with in the appropriate way?' Probably. But that's not the way it is and those Liverpool fans who took their chances in the home end, they fucking knew it's the way it is as well. if I sat in the Kop or in the Stretford End or with mackems in their own end, then I know how this works and would behave appropriately. Gan on like arseholes? Sorry but I hope every one of them got a clip.

What I find so sad is I’ve witnessed NUFC fans more offended by rival fans in the home end celebrating or cheering their own team on or more offended when a fellow Toon fan doesn’t sing along, take his shoes off or stays behind after the 90 minutes is up more than being offended when someone is using racist language or displaying racist behaviour. One act seemingly too offensive to resit kicking of over than the other. I’ve seen fans complain to stewards about swearing or people smoking and doing fuck all about any racist shit.

Anyone who took offence against a Liverpool fan whether they were celebrating, provoking someone or abusive and threatening themselves, by assaulting them are scum and deserve banned for life and prosecuted.

And anyone who thinks it’s fair game to dish out violence or abuse to a rival fan celebrating and cheering on their team as deserving such treatment or have only themselves to blame, you are scum too.

Football doesn’t give anyone the right to behave like dickheads or consider that the law and common decency doesn’t apply to those attending a football match.

Honestly, what a an absolute load of Daily Mail sanctimonious shite.  Is it right? No of course not. Should we have all evolved where we can sit back like good citizens and 'let the authorities deal with in the appropriate way?' Probably. But that's not the way it is and those Liverpool fans who took their chances in the home end, they fucking knew it's the way it is as well. if I sat in the Kop or in the Stretford End or with mackems in their own end, then I know how this works and would behave appropriately. Gan on like arseholes? Sorry but I hope every one of them got a clip.

I'm not one bit pro violence in any shape or form. Having said that, if I'm sat in my club's home stadium with my bairns and a jumped up away fan who thinks he's clever getting into our home end starts trouble or unnecessary bollocks, you better bet I'm standing my ground and defending my own. I wouldn't wait for a fucking steward.

Guest chopey

The platinum bar is actually joined to the sports bar and the only thing separating them is your badge.

I know someone who works in the corporate section. Apparently they knew weeks ago that it would be full of Liverpool fans. There were Police in there and plain clothes Police sitting at tables. Staff weren't allowed to go around on their own due to worries over safety. Staff were threatened when they told Liverpool fans they couldn't take alcoholic drinks out to the box seats. Apparently they've never seen anything like it. The bar brought the shutter down to stop serving them as they were so drunk. £198 a ticket apparently. The staff didn't get out until 3:30am due to the clean up required.

Guest covmag

Yep that’s the platinum club.

This club is a fucking disgrace for doing this , fuck you Ashley you utter cunt.

Not a club in the country has done this, they all knew , 300 to Liverpool fans ffs

Guest covmag

It's a shit hole and the beer and food offering is horrific.

Think that is one of the suites though rather than general Platinum Club area.

Tbf every time I’ve been in there the beef has been lush  :lol:

Anyhoo, which other club in the in the country would openly sell 300 tickets to the away fans in the home end in such a massive high profile match? It a wonder there wasn’t a fucking riot man.....and HTT thinks it was fine ffs.

I'm not one bit pro violence in any shape or form. Having said that, if I'm sat in my club's home stadium with my bairns and a jumped up away fan who thinks he's clever getting into our home end starts trouble or unnecessary bollocks, you better bet I'm standing my ground and defending my own. I wouldn't wait for a fucking steward.

This. Was there with my 11 year old son in the East Stand and he'd never seen anything like that at a match before, felt a bit uncomfortable with him there to be quite honest......luckily we weren't right next to it.

My Grandad who spent 30 years in the Army including WW2 always taught me 'to respect your hosts, wherever you are in the World' and it's something I've always lived by. Behave like that, and accept the consequences in my opinion, it hasn't even got anything to do with football. More pompous twaddle from HTT, I can only assume he wasn't actually there.

Just know that this is going to lead to bad feeling, next time we play Liverpool - either hour or away. The coke/knacka brigade among wor lot will be itching for their revenge. And all down to NUFC seeking to make a few extra quid. 😡

This. Was there with my 11 year old son in the East Stand and he'd never seen anything like that at a match before, felt a bit uncomfortable with him there to be quite honest......luckily we weren't right next to it.

My Grandad who spent 30 years in the Army including WW2 always taught me 'to respect your hosts, wherever you are in the World' and it's something I've always lived by. Behave like that, and accept the consequences in my opinion, it hasn't even got anything to do with football. More pompous twaddle from HTT, I can only assume he wasn't actually there.

Of course he wasn’t there. He thinks fans who go to games are scum and mugs.

What I find so sad is I’ve witnessed NUFC fans more offended by rival fans in the home end celebrating or cheering their own team on or more offended when a fellow Toon fan doesn’t sing along, take his shoes off or stays behind after the 90 minutes is up more than being offended when someone is using racist language or displaying racist behaviour. One act seemingly too offensive to resit kicking of over than the other. I’ve seen fans complain to stewards about swearing or people smoking and doing f*** all about any racist s***.

Honestly, what a an absolute load of Daily Mail sanctimonious s****.  Is it right? No of course not. Should we have all evolved where we can sit back like good citizens and 'let the authorities deal with in the appropriate way?' Probably. But that's not the way it is and those Liverpool fans who took their chances in the home end, they f***ing knew it's the way it is as well. if I sat in the Kop or in the Stretford End or with mackems in their own end, then I know how this works and would behave appropriately. Gan on like arseholes? Sorry but I hope every one of them got a clip.

I'm not one bit pro violence in any shape or form. Having said that, if I'm sat in my club's home stadium with my bairns and a jumped up away fan who thinks he's clever getting into our home end starts trouble or unnecessary bollocks, you better bet I'm standing my ground and defending my own. I wouldn't wait for a f***ing steward.

So you would be happy to fill someone in at the match, even with your 11 year old next to you? Even though you said watching others do it was uncomfortable? Or are only accepting it when other people do it?

I just don't get this giving people a kicking thing, no matter what. They should be hoyed out if they play up but people don't deserves having their head kicked in for being a bit of an idiot and celebrating in the home end.

And people wonder why football fans are treated like s*** by the police.