Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Thought he was absolutely fine on Saturday.  Slightly bemused as to why people would be in any way concerned by his performance.

Same, he was fine. Gonna be absolutely cringeworthy seeing some of the overreactions if he actually does have a bad game.

Thought he was absolutely fine on Saturday.  Slightly bemused as to why people would be in any way concerned by his performance.

Same, he was fine. Gonna be absolutely cringeworthy seeing some of the overreactions if he actually does have a bad game.

I wouldn't worry too much, these people aren't very imaginative, they'll probably repeat the same shit again.

Never stops running which is nice to see. Carries the ball well but sometimes forgets he's not still up against MLS defenders when he attempts to cut back or dribble past too slowly.

Wicked shot that Pickford could only put on a platter for Ayoze though :lol: Can't wait for the scenes when one of his goes in.

I was thinking he might need taking off, urgently, then he hit that shot which led to the equaliser and all of a sudden he was quality. The key was taking Ritchie away from him. I wonder if it's time to try Paully D in the Ritchie role. The latter was rubbish today.

Guest godzilla

Was pissed off the amount of times Ritchie completely ignored him and turned to pass it back. Seems to be a common thing up to now also.

Was pissed off the amount of times Ritchie completely ignored him and turned to pass it back. Seems to be a common thing up to now also.

There's absolutely nee chemistry between them, like. There's nowt silly in it, they just don't really click and, tbh, Ritchie's in a bit of shit form. Not a lot coming off for him recently and he was quite poor today I thought. No coincidence we improved when Rafa took him off the left and ultimately off the pitch.

Ritchie clearly has some sort of a personal hatred for him now. A few times Miggy just threw his arms up in the air, asking WTF?

Ritchie clearly has some sort of a personal hatred for him now. A few times Miggy just threw his arms up in the air, asking WTF?

I actually think that he resents him because he has all the quality that he doesn’t have and wishes he does have.

I actually think that he resents him because he has all the quality that he doesn’t have and wishes he does have.

How many on here are thinking about that reserve player from Goal when making these accusations? :lol:

Ritchie seems to be incapable of playing a first time ball.

Or a cross or forwards pass to a teammate.

Ritchie is generally out best crosser of the ball, admittedly he's in bad form at the moment, so its not really paying off.

Yeah, he's a professional footballer, and one of our most dedicated player, I highly doubt this is the case. :lol:

How many on here are thinking about that reserve player from Goal when making these accusations? :lol:

@1:19

Yeah I've been swayed to this thinking. Thought the first few games it might have just been unfamiliarity or something but it's well past obvious now.

:thup:

Yeah, he's a professional footballer, and one of our most dedicated player, I highly doubt this is the case. :lol:

:thup: 

It is just silly to imply that.

Almiron is an exceptional talent who's directness and pace will be a great asset to us. Ritchie is a very experienced senior pro who's game is more pragmatic.

We need both sides.

It's alarming how often Almiron makes a run asking for the ball ahead of him and for no apparent reason at all Ritchie doesn't release it.

Ironically I have noticed him have a go at Almiron for not giving him the ball when he is not even in half as useful a position.

Something is definitely off there. Must have twisted him up in training or something. Ritchie is displaying all of the characteristics of a future PFM.

It’s beyond obvious that Ritchie isn’t passing to him. It’s happened every game since Almiron arrived.

I don’t know whether it’s because Ritchie is annoyed that Almiron takes up similar positions to him or whether he’s worried Almiron is going to ultimately take his place but there’s something going on.

I used to quite like Ritchie but I’ve gone right off him after this.

It's alarming how often Almiron makes a run asking for the ball ahead of him and for no apparent reason at all Ritchie doesn't release it.

Ironically I have noticed him have a go at Almiron for not giving him the ball when he is not even in half as useful a position.

Something is definitely off there. Must have twisted him up in training or something. Ritchie is displaying all of the characteristics of a future PFM.

Yep, that’s another thing. I’ve seen Ritchie bawl Almiron out for no reason too. He’s definitely rattled for some reason.