General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

Guest Howaythetoon

I keep seeing loads of people referring to stuff like 'a blizzard of discontent from supporters'.

Is this really the case? I mean, as I'm sure will be evidenced by the near 50,000 bums on seats on Sunday, the match-going support is as loyal as ever. Meanwhile, well over a thousand people went down to Preston and sang Bruce's name. 16,000 people thought spending money on a friendly was a fair enough investment. You can see folks out and about wearing the new kit. The Facebook community seems extremely balanced, if not representing a picture of happiness rather than unhappiness. The only demonstration that has happened was absolutely minuscule and immediately laughed at by the manager himself.

It seems to me like people in the media are making stuff up again. "Oh, yeah, Newcastle? Rafa to Bruce. I bet they're all p*ssed off up there, aren't they? They're not? Full house on Sunday? I bet they're livid though. Protests n stuff. I'll write that anyway. 'Blizzard of discontent', that sounds good." I'm not in the city at the moment but I really don't feel like there's any evidence to suggest it's anything other than, basically, business as usual.

I hate the notion that Newcastle-Online is insular, and doesn't provide a broad, general view of Newcastle supporters, and basically just represents one side of any argument. But, at times, it does feel like we're a little bit alone in the universe. :lol:

Can we add a poll to one of the threads, like? Just a simple, 'how do you feel about NUFC right now?' With answers ranging from Ecstatic/Optimistic all the way through to Miserable/Hopeless. I'd be really keen to know how the majority of people who view this board actually feel right now. I feel like it would give me some headpeace.

Proper feel like I'm rimming you at the moment Yorkie but once again you've absolutely nailed it.

Ronaldo would be proud of the fine young man Yorkie has turned out to be, easily one of the best posters on here nowadays who always seems to capture the thoughts and feelings I not only share and agree with, but a general round-up summary of things that always makes sense or for sound argument. 👍

It just shows the sheer laziness of most modern day journalists. He remembered he got them in Europe, he just couldn't be arsed to spend 10 seconds looking up how successful or as it turns out unsuccessful they were.

Wouldnt even have qualified for it if it was now.

Look at their run for the cup final as well:

'Boro (championship)

Southend (league 1)

Brighton (championship)

Sunderland (second bottom of the PL)

Sheff United (league 1)

Outright favorites for every game no doubt.

Then 2-0 up in the final after 10 minutes and still lost it.

See how he goes all you want but dont dress up his fucking failures as successes. must think we're all stupid. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Went off him after his gag about my old fiver. Prick.

I never would have had you down for peddling dodgy notes ha ha. That’s something I’d do :lol:

Might as well have said "he's also had some successes (FA Cup final, final of the Football Association Challenge Cup, finalists in the Emirates FA Cup)"

When journalists are so intellectually dishonest it's when you think there's some sort of shenanigans going on.

Then they wonder why blogs and the Athletic are coming along and eating their lunch (or in the case of the Athletic, why they weren't invited onto the new gravy train).

• 2 weeks later...

The rhetoric from the like of Edwards and that jumped up little cunt Waugh about 'level-headed fans giving him time' is fucking ridiculous.

Like calling a spade a shovel is now somehow unfair because you do it as soon as it comes out of the garden shed.

Hugely disrespectful of fans who have endured the reigns of Pardew, McCLaren, Carver etc.

We're only too qualified to recognise shite.

Guest chopey

The article on Liverpool's prep for recovery after the Super cup was fascinating. Makes you realise how far behind we are off the pitch as well as on it.

It really does, not counting the stadium which was built in another era, we are a championship outfit at best.

Really enjoying The Athletic so far tbh, content well above the shite you get in free media these days.

Yeah - for the most part me too but I'm not overly impressed with the NUFC stuff tbh.

Looking forward to Caulkin going live with them as he's been very quiet lately regarding NUFC.

Yeah it's very well done, the articles are so varied too.

Have they done one on Steve Bruce's in depth coaching sessions yet? Would love to read the analysis of his playbook and formation structures, and how he targets players specifically for each role in said formations.

:bruce: :ructions:

The article on Liverpool's prep for recovery after the Super cup was fascinating. Makes you realise how far behind we are off the pitch as well as on it.

It really does, not counting the stadium which was built in another era, we are a championship outfit at best.

Cracking article. Agreed - makes us look pathetic.

• 1 month later...

Been sent an email to get this for £20 (66% off), assume anyone else who took a trial and didn't pay up will have them too. Took the plunge at that price, especially with Caulkin now on board.

I think it's excellent - well worth the coin!