Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Can't see him being particularly good. Assume Rafa can see a player he can mould in there.

He'll get a bit of a free pass because he's "only young" but that's BS. 21 isnt 'young'. Mbemba is 21 and played 3 seasons as a starter in the top leagues in Belgium and England. Hayden has 18 starts for a first team in his whole career

It's not an exciting signing by any means really. There's one thing that makes me positive about him anyway, one man, and that is Benitez. Just look at Lascelles for example who looked like everything but a footballer the few minutes he played for us, and he couldn't even get in the Forest team for a while iirc? Then Rafa came in and he played really well at PL level against good opposition.

Can't see him being particularly good. Assume Rafa can see a player he can mould in there.

He'll get a bit of a free pass because he's "only young" but that's BS. 21 isnt 'young'. Mbemba is 21 and played 3 seasons as a starter in the top leagues in Belgium and England. Hayden has 18 starts for a first team in his whole career

He'll be fine. Will play at least 25 games next year, whether that's a start or from the bench. Will do him the world of good, and he's only 21. Hull fans seem gutted they arnt getting him permanently, and they're a Premier League club. Good signing.

It's a no lose signing really, it'll be a smallish fee for a player who has Championship experience, has gone through arguably the best academy in the country and has time to improve.

You're never going to get a complete DM at 21. He's in more than capable hands with Rafa. If he's an athlete, I have more faith in Rafa to nurture him tactically than Bruce.

Some people develop at different ages, mad I know. And 21 certainly is young, especially when you look at the amount of games he's played.

Some people develop at different ages, mad I know. And 21 certainly is young, especially when you look at the amount of games he's played.

That's more to do with lack of experience, not age.  Same thing with Darlow, you hear he's a "young goalkeeper".  Lad is 24. He was just inexperienced

Where were Song and Coquelin at 21 years old?

I will always be excited about a player that has come through at Arsenal, even if they haven't established themselves yet. I think the odds are good that he will be quality, and until he proves to be otherwise I'm going with that.

Isaac Hayden? Was good voicing Chef on South Park, the episode where they killed him off was class. Dunno what he's like as a DM though.

Yeah, don't think he's a very good DM considering he's dead. Quite baffling how he managed to pass the medical though as you'd think it would have been a bit of an issue.

Looks to be 6'1 and change. Might be that Rafa's looked at our tiny midfield and he's trying to address it. Were quite a short team and that could be exploited in the Championship.

Unexciting but when you have to do a full refresh of a squad full of shit you need decent players to make numbers. A few years ago we were signing Amalfitano so in comparison how bad can this be?

Seem to remember wacko saying Rafa signed millions of players at Liverpool of this sort of ilk - low-risk and low-cost players who might be shite, but might just do a job for us. Fuck knows we barely had an XI when we went down, let alone a squad.