Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Sorry but have you just landed on earth?

Edit : Astroblack[/member]

You don't think this team is good enough to stay in the Premier League? Even with Bruce in charge?

You're not asking that seriously are you?  :lol:

The players are individually good enough but were massively dependent on Rafa and the huge amount of tactical graft he put in every single fucking day with them. Every player knew exactly what they should be doing at all times and collectively it showed many more times than not. Did you see that second half on Sunday? Was like watching school kids run around after a caser. Already feels to me like Bruce has undone the 3 years of work in one game.

Yeah i get that. Had a think about it. Maybe Rafa could break top ten in three years with this squad but not Bruce. Do think we’ll be able to stay up but that’s all it’ll ever be. I’d take Pardew back with this squad.

Guest covmag

It comes to something when you want Alan back.

Theres just something about Bruce that doesn't feel right.Thus I think this season will be turgid and we will be in the bottom 3 all of it.The squad are slow starters recently but Rafa never used to panic,I dont get that feeling now.

Sorry but have you just landed on earth?

Edit : Astroblack[/member]

You don't think this team is good enough to stay in the Premier League? Even with Bruce in charge?

I think we have a manager bad enough to get them relegated.

What amazed me was your suggestion that the club will a) spend £70 million any time soon and b) they are looking to break into the top 10.

Where have you been the last 12 years?

Guest reefatoon

Despise him Gaz need an outlet for it

Funny that, CDM used to call him that too. Looks like you have given your little game away hey. All that denying it too. Tut tut

Just realised, Steve Bruce is exactly the manager we want for the long term health of this club (i.e. getting Ashley out).

High probability of being relegated, increasing chances of a period of time out of the PL gravy train and SD reduced exposure.

So in this respect, is it possible to support Bruce in a 'it's not really his fault he's shit' kind of way and enjoy the ride down to the Championship, safe in the knowledge that this is the best scenario for the long term? :lol:

God I miss Rafa. Winning games just means Bruce stays long term whilst there is still no hope or ambition. I struggle to see the point in anyone wanting us to win games under Ashley and Bruce as it just means more of both of them

I wanted us to lose games when Pardew was winless in eight. Usually when a manager has a run like that, they’re sacked. But I don’t want us to lose games now. I’d rather we just stay in the Prem. That way I can watch us on TV every week. Guess I’m not so different from those who want to go to the stadium and “get away from their wife”.

I appreciate it'd be tough if overseas fans can't get to see championship games but: being in the premier League = Ashley never leaves

So be it. Least we get to sign players like ASM. He didn’t sell when we were in the Champo anyway. It absolutely hurts either way. Last year when we had secured survival and were just playing games to get a higher spot absolutely sucked.

Best I can hope for is for this team to really gel. Joelinton’s price tag means he’ll be here for a while. We’re resigned to losing Longstaff next year but 70 mil to build a new midfield sounds pretty decent. Foundations are there to break into the top 10... in about three years.

The thing is, the foundations aren't there to break (and stay) in the top 10. Buy em and sell em on, with no thought for building a coherent team for the future, buying into a managers vision and creating a team has been a proven recipe for failure. It worked out for a season, when Graham Carr pulled out a few aces and we had a quality team. Soon enough though, with our incompetent manager and wantaway players that had been promised as using the club as a stepping stone things fell apart. The very best we can hope for is a flukey season where everything comes together and even then, he was spending more.

The parallels between this season and the season we last went down are absolutely remarkable. A below par, proven failure as a manager. A young unproven striker. An erratic winger. The manager having little input on players. How can Bruce even begin to create a team if we're signing players based solely on resale value. You end up with square pegs for round holes. 

Even this season is totally reliant on Jolelinton. Where are the goals coming from? I meant they might gel and they might be alright but there's more chance this season will end up in relegation. I think we'll know a lot more after the weekend.

God I miss Rafa. Winning games just means Bruce stays long term whilst there is still no hope or ambition. I struggle to see the point in anyone wanting us to win games under Ashley and Bruce as it just means more of both of them

I wanted us to lose games when Pardew was winless in eight. Usually when a manager has a run like that, they’re sacked. But I don’t want us to lose games now. I’d rather we just stay in the Prem. That way I can watch us on TV every week. Guess I’m not so different from those who want to go to the stadium and “get away from their wife”.

I appreciate it'd be tough if overseas fans can't get to see championship games but: being in the premier League = Ashley never leaves

So be it. Least we get to sign players like ASM. He didn’t sell when we were in the Champo anyway. It absolutely hurts either way. Last year when we had secured survival and were just playing games to get a higher spot absolutely sucked.

Best I can hope for is for this team to really gel. Joelinton’s price tag means he’ll be here for a while. We’re resigned to losing Longstaff next year but 70 mil to build a new midfield sounds pretty decent. Foundations are there to break into the top 10... in about three years.

The thing is, the foundations aren't there to break (and stay) in the top 10. Buy em and sell em on, with no thought for building a coherent team for the future, buying into a managers vision and creating a team has been a proven recipe for failure. It worked out for a season, when Graham Carr pulled out a few aces and we had a quality team. Soon enough though, with our incompetent manager and wantaway players that had been promised as using the club as a stepping stone things fell apart. The very best we can hope for is a flukey season where everything comes together and even then, he was spending more.

The parallels between this season and the season we last went down are absolutely remarkable. A below par, proven failure as a manager. A young unproven striker. An erratic winger. The manager having little input on players. How can Bruce even begin to create a team if we're signing players based solely on resale value. You end up with square pegs for round holes. 

Even this season is totally reliant on Jolelinton. Where are the goals coming from? I meant they might gel and they might be alright but there's more chance this season will end up in relegation. I think we'll know a lot more after the weekend.

Which shows just how thick they are, Einstein's perfect example of insanity.

Despise him Gaz need an outlet for it

Funny that, CDM used to call him that too. Looks like you have given your little game away hey. All that denying it too. Tut tut

Oh dear how daft of me I wasn't aware of that  :lol: or maybe I knew that he got irritated been called that

Ashley, as ever, will be happy to gamble on just scraping by. His ignorance will be in assuming that we'll come straight back up. I just can't see that happening this time of we do go down.

Ashley, as ever, will be happy to gamble on just scraping by. His ignorance will be in assuming that we'll come straight back up. I just can't see that happening this time of we do go down.

Aye, i reckon next season if we do go down is when fat boys luck runs out.

It's relegation. And staying down. I've no doubt when we get relegated, we'll spend to try and get out. Eventually, we'll fail to get out year 1. Then fail to get out year 2. And that's a game-changer.

4 years in the Champo and things will change. I think it would take 2 years.

Agree with this. Quality of the championship is miles better than last time, plus we won’t have Rafa.

It's relegation. And staying down. I've no doubt when we get relegated, we'll spend to try and get out. Eventually, we'll fail to get out year 1. Then fail to get out year 2. And that's a game-changer.

4 years in the Champo and things will change. I think it would take 2 years.

Agree with this. Quality of the championship is miles better than last time, plus we won’t have Rafa.

I genuinely believe a season in the Championship is part of his 5 year plan. Sell out the most valuable. Spend most of it on a core team to get us promoted and to stay up. Recoup the losses over the next season in the PL. 3 years straight profit on a lower wage structure, then back down again for a season.

If we finish up losing our first 4 games, which is a strong possibility, I doubt Bruce would be able to take the pressure and hold it together.  Whenever I watch him on the touch line he always looks kind of beaten and he certainly doesn't exude confidence.  This will rub off on the players very quickly.

Under Rafa, you could see that the players believed in the plan and tactics and I don't think that is the case now

If we finish up losing our first 4 games, which is a strong possibility, I doubt Bruce would be able to take the pressure and hold it together.  Whenever I watch him on the touch line he always looks kind of beaten and he certainly doesn't exude confidence.  This will rub off on the players very quickly.

Under Rafa, you could see that the players believed in the plan and tactics and I don't think that is the case now

I think it was Brummie who said he would blame everyone but himself, so the fans have already set themselves up as the only scapegoat he needs.

17th is all he needs and he knows that.

Guest The Little Waster

Its all in Wraiths fevered imagination ... there is no journalist , national or otherwise that gives a fuck what he thinks about Brucie

Ask the said journalist just how many chances Bruce needs to succeed as his career is littered with failures from every corner of Britain... fuck me if a horse had failed that many times it would be running in 'sellers' by now

Boils my piss when journalists try to influence the news and opinion rather than just reporting the bloody news. Prefer my journalists non-biased as much as possible.

Boils my piss when journalists try to influence the news and opinion rather than just reporting the bloody news. Prefer my journalists non-biased as much as possible.

There's a difference between a reporter and a journalist. Tbf most reporters call themselves journalists

Its all in Wraiths fevered imagination ... there is no journalist , national or otherwise that gives a fuck what he thinks about Brucie

I don't know, Luke Edwards seems very thin skinned enough about his old pal Brucie to do that.  He has been lashing out on twitter for a month at random fans and hasn't tweeted about us since Rafa put his missive out in the Athletic.

I'd say 50/50 odds between Wraith being full of shit and Edwards begging journalists to go easy on his beloved.