Miguel Almirón

Deuce

He just ran canny fast.  :joey:

Gotta say I was a bit underwhelmed given the thread retitling - there’s a sense when he’s dribbling the fast that he’s not really in control. His last touch before the cross was too heavy because of this, and the cross itself seemed a bit hit-and-hope.

impressively negative for nee reason award sewn up for the year right there.

Gotta say I was a bit underwhelmed given the thread retitling - there’s a sense when he’s dribbling the fast that he’s not really in control. His last touch before the cross was too heavy because of this, and the cross itself seemed a bit hit-and-hope.

:lol:  :facepalm:

Aye, far too casual for my liking!

He's taken the ball from the middle of his own half and ran 60 yards past two players and put it on the penalty spot for a goal. Against Argentina. For Paraguay. If that was Bale for Wales for example, people would be going mental.

He's taken the ball from the middle of his own half and ran 60 yards past two players and put it on the penalty spot for a goal. Against Argentina. For Paraguay. If that was Bale for Wales for example, people would be going mental.

Erm..... :lol:

Erm..... :lol:

Haha yeah. That bit's debatable!

He was probably the best player on the pitch last night. He was playing in the 10 role and was the player that his teammates looked for when they had the ball. In that role, he didn’t exactly pick a penetrating pass but more just ticked things over playing it safe which is understandable because Argentina are a tough team to break down. He’s most dangerous when he’s got space to run into like the assist passage of play. Special moment was when he ran back 60 yards and dispossessed Messi. His stamina is a great strength. 

And it was nothing like Bale. It was good play, but nothing mesmerising or something.

Yeah, Bale comparisons are ridiculous.

It was a good run, but some of the overreactions here are just absurd. I knew the Cult of Miggy was very powerful - guess I won’t comment on him at all...

He was probably the best player on the pitch last night. He was playing in the 10 role and was the player that his teammates looked for when they had the ball. In that role, he didn’t exactly pick a penetrating pass but more just ticked things over playing it safe which is understandable because Argentina are a tough team to break down. He’s most dangerous when he’s got space to run into like the assist passage of play. Special moment was when he ran back 60 yards and dispossessed Messi. His stamina is a great strength.

not-sure-joker-not-sure-if-serious

Argentina are very easy to break down, the amount of space he got on the break was a joke. The reason he wasn't playing penetrating passes was because the striker looked and played like he was about 50 :lol:

not-sure-joker-not-sure-if-serious

Argentina are very easy to break down, the amount of space he got on the break was a joke. The reason he wasn't playing penetrating passes was because the striker looked and played like he was about 50 :lol:

Correct :thup:

That guy looked League 1 standard couldn’t chase a plastic bag.

And it was nothing like Bale. It was good play, but nothing mesmerising or something.

It was a good run, but some of the overreactions here are just absurd. I knew the Cult of Miggy was very powerful - guess I won’t comment on him at all...

Seems I should have made this more obvious but I wasn't actually comparing him to Bale as a footballer. My point was when a top player does that (Bale is a random example, since he's a star in a weaker international side and made those trademark massive runs) then people celebrate the outcome - ie running from his own half past two players and putting it on a plate - rather than nitpicking and finding moments where he might've got lucky in the buildup.

Seems I should have made this more obvious but I wasn't actually comparing him to Bale as a footballer. My point was when a top player does that (Bale is a random example, since he's a star in a weaker international side and made those trademark massive runs) then people celebrate the outcome - ie running from his own half past two players and putting it on a plate - rather than nitpicking and finding moments where he might've got lucky in the buildup.

Can't believe you had to clarify this, it was obvious from your post.