Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-tactics-steve-bruce-19618065

He said: "We've been trying something different because over the last few weeks we've struggled going forward, so my thoughts were to get Ryan (Fraser), someone fresh, and Sean (Longstaff) higher up the pitch where he could be a goal threat. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

giphy.gif

Anyone read Shearer's column in the athletic? Does it criticise Bruce in any way or is it all aimed at Ashley?

Just scanned it and mainly a criticism of Ashley/Charnley etc. Does say how bad the football is but gives Bruce all the outs possible. It's all very wishy washy and you can tell how close he is to Bruce and Harper. He calls out the Sheffield game as "crap" but never really says why from our perspective, just that we let them play their game.

Makes the point Bruce is head coach only at the beginning and then refers to manager throughout the rest of the article.

All very much sympathy for Steve and how there are mitigations. No help from Charnley, everything falls on him etc. Didn't work on me  :lol:

Anyone read Shearer's column in the athletic? Does it criticise Bruce in any way or is it all aimed at Ashley?

Just scanned it and mainly a criticism of Ashley/Charnley etc. Does say how bad the football is but gives Bruce all the outs possible. It's all very wishy washy and you can tell how close he is to Bruce and Harper. He calls out the Sheffield game as "crap" but never really says why from our perspective, just that we let them play their game.

Makes the point Bruce is head coach only at the beginning and then refers to manager throughout the rest of the article.

All very much sympathy for Steve and how there are mitigations. No help from Charnley, everything falls on him etc. Didn't work on me  :lol:

He makes it very clear he's their pal and doesn't try to hide it, like. I think it's as scathing a criticism of Bruce as we'll get from Shearer, but the main focus of the article is Ashley's/Charnley's absent ownership/chairmanship.

It will be pulis, Hughes or Pearson. There’s no doubt about it.

I don't think Pulis would touch it and I have a sneaky feeling Pearson wont touch it as he was here as a coach when it all went tits up in 2009.  This has a Hughes stench all over it.

It’s going to be a cliche fest at the next press conference isn’t it. Wonder how many times he’ll say ‘look’ and ‘listen’.

Or interrupt the journalist asking him a question before said journalist has finished his question.

There's no way on earth Shearer wrote that from the bit I've read in The Mag. He can barely string a sentence together on MOTD. It's got Caulkin's fingerprints all over it.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/01/alan-shearer-admits-he-has-no-option-but-to-criticise-his-friend-steve-bruce-newcastle-united/

It’s going to be a cliche fest at the next press conference isn’t it. Wonder how many times he’ll say ‘look’ and ‘listen’.

"look, we know we have to do better, and listen, I've been in this game long enough to understand that. But let's not forget Arsenal are a very, very good side"

:explode:

There's no way on earth Shearer wrote that from the bit I've read in The Mag. He can barely string a sentence together on MOTD. It's got Caulkin's fingerprints all over it.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/01/alan-shearer-admits-he-has-no-option-but-to-criticise-his-friend-steve-bruce-newcastle-united/

Jesus a bit harsh like. I wouldnt say he is a great pundit but hes not bad either and saying he can barely string a sentence together is bollock