Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Talks should have started as soon as we were confirmed safe

He’s been saying for the last few weeks he’s been talking with Lee Charnley.

Guessing that’s to do with the football side of things, Ashley is about his contract and finalising it all.

Guessing that’s to do with the football side of things, Ashley is about his contract and finalising it all.

Charnley is merely a buffer between actually sitting in front of Ashley with his spy Barnes keeping an eye on things. He might as well be asking the water cooler for a decisions. Ashley calls the shots on everything. Everything. Until you have a audience with him you don’t know the truth and that’s only just starting. All this talk up until this point of positivity is just Charnley nodding and saying mike wants to keep you with no substance to back it up.

Charnley is just Ashleys fucking puppet and mouthpiece and the cunt that has to pass on the bullshit that he concocts to others

I cant stand seeing his fucking inept thumb like face on TV what an absolute fucking pisspot the guy is

Sadly I agree with you.  From what we know, Ashley doesn't negotiate or discuss, it's just take it or leave it.  I think inwardly he hates Rafa for the adulation he gets from the fans

Guest godzilla

Some of the news sites are claiming Ashley won’t budge at all on money or control.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if this doesn’t end well.

If that’s the case Rafa will walk and the club will probably implode

Some of the news sites are claiming Ashley won’t budge at all on money or control.

Which sites? I’ll bet they know as much as us

I'd suggest if that really is his stance then this doesn't warrant two (or more) days of discussion between them.

I'd suggest if that really is his stance then this doesn't warrant two (or more) days of discussion between them.

Wouldn't even warrant 5 minutes with me. Its like all of us who go for a job you say I want X they say we can give you Y and if its not what you want you say fuck off and strut off into the sunset

Guest chopey

If that story is true then as fans we all need to walk away, Ashley has no interest in the on field success of the cub only its financial worth.

He is willing to buy players but only to sell them on for a profit, 17th place every year and not contesting the cups is not a football club its a piggy bank for a money obsessed lunatic and we as fans continue to put money we probably can't afford into his wallet in the "hope" that he might change.

Post sources you nugget.

I'm not sure, but this might be the article that website is refering to which basically says nothing. It might be wishful thinking from me, but I think its a positive that talks are taking days rather than a few hours. Benitez said himself it might take more than one meeting to present his vision to Ashley.

[ftp=ftp://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-contract-extension-talks-16291324]https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-contract-extension-talks-16291324[/ftp]