Lee Charnley

Dave

Overall, more positivity than negativity in that, although actions are better than words.

There are bower now some key KPIs that Charnley has accepted responsibility for and can from now on be judged on that basis.

Don't know how you can see any positivity in that - all it does is fully demonstrate that until Ashley is gone this club has no ambition full stop. I am so pleased that I stopped my season ticket last year after 40 year. And for some fans to say there is positivity in a serious of answers trying to justify the reasons for being no more than average just totally bewilders me - sad sad times.

Yeah its basically "steady as she goes" until mike decides otherwise, while all along taking season ticket money and making the club uncompetitive in the league.

Guest Roger Kint

He would have been better off saying nowt, what a waste of words. This reveals nowt new and is simply waffle.

If anything for me all this has done is prove the Chronicle is firmly back on the clubs pocket, completely empty interview without asking anything the club might not like. The pointless Rangers question was already done so an easy out for LC

He would have been better off saying nowt, what a waste of words. This reveals nowt new and is simply waffle.

Well we now have confirmation Carr is legitimately involved in getting the new man in. That was only speculated up until now. Pretty big deal IMO.

Carr has constantly delivered with decent players, and he will want to see them utilised well.

Guest TruToon94

Would have been nice to get some clarification on our approach to the cup competitions.  Was that a Pardew thing or was it an Ashley thing?

Ashley. 100% Ashley.

Look the fact is Ashley probably doesn't really do that much with the club all the time, it's not the way the position works. He has Charnley in charge (and it seems Carr is the go to man for players) and even Keegan said that he has his men in place that he listens to albeit ones who are crap.

It's my honest belief that Pardew with all his s*** about the Europa League covered up his own failings as a manager by claiming that it's all the cups fault for the drastic shitness that came about. He communicated that to Charnley who did the same in turn to Ashley and so the club thinks, "ah the cups suck". The fact that we improved the next year would be seen as vindicating that. If a decent manager came in and had a decent cup run and maintained the league form I believe the club would be all for cup runs.

Pardew was far more poisonous than people realize and has damn near destroyed every club he's been at. We can blame Ashley (correctly) for a ton of things but Pardew subtly lowered expectations across the board with that one season that seemingly gave him invincibility. I believe the next manager will hopefully rectify that.

Alan Pardew would've done anything Ashley wanted.

If a cup run was anywhere near the club agenda there is now way AP would've put out Mickey Mouse sides every time.

No doubt in my mind that the directive was from Ashley.

If there's no money in them, there's no point in them.

I love our "why buy what you need now when something cheaper is only 12 months away". Then the cheaper or " value" option doesn't want to come anyway so you mark the date in your calander 12 months from now when the next one might be available and go into another season short.

Maybe a decent defensive partnership is in the plans. Lee will have it sorted in 2018 after consulting his crystal ball. 

Going to be a piece at the weekend about how Charnley sees the rest of the season panning out with Carver in charge apparently.

Edit: ...should they decide to wait until the summer for the new bloke.

Well we now have confirmation Carr is legitimately involved in getting the new man in. That was only speculated up until now. Pretty big deal IMO.

Carr has constantly delivered with decent players, and he will want to see them utilised well.

That's a fair point, I see Charnleys role in the new manager being purely financial/HR type role and in reality the choice of the new manager maybe coming down to who Carr thinks will be work with the players he likes to sign.

Going to be a piece at the weekend about how Charnley sees the rest of the season panning out with Carver in charge apparently.

Great. Bottom 5 here we come.

I'd actually love for us to go down just to fuck these heinous arseholes in charge of our once fine establishment.

See how fucking smug they are then about when to buy and when not to.

So they are confirming on Saturday that Carver until end of the season?

Feel sorry for any season ticket holders in the case. Real shit sandwich

No, not necessarily. I mean the question was asked that if they don't appoint someone until the summer, how do they see Carver coping. Presumably the answer is a lot more positive than most of us see it.

No, not necessarily. I mean the question was asked that if they don't appoint someone until the summer, how do they see Carver coping. Presumably the answer is a lot more positive than most of us see it.

:anguish:

So sick of this football club.

Great. Bottom 5 here we come.

I'd actually love for us to go down just to f*** these heinous arseholes in charge of our once fine establishment.

See how f***ing smug they are then about when to buy and when not to.

I feel the same at this stage.

Carver till end of season, keeps us up just. Is hired as "the club is stable, the lads are really enjoying working with John, he's got a good connection to the area"

This is one of the more possible disaster scenarios. I'm hoping that if we decide to wait until the end of the season we get a pre-contract with the new man signed now. Waiting without knowing would be a huge risk.

I just don't get how anyone thinks they would get rid of carver in the summer if he keeps us up.

Because he'll blatantly be absolutely crap and even those idiots will recognise that form over a full season will lead to relegation.

I just don't get how anyone thinks they would get rid of carver in the summer if he keeps us up.

Because he'll blatantly be absolutely crap and even those idiots will recognise that form over a full season will lead to relegation.

Plus he would devalue the squad similar to Pardew. It would make far more sense financially to bring in a coach who can get the best out of players being brought in by Carr. Is that likely to be Carver? I doubt it.

Carver till end of season, keeps us up just. Is hired as "the club is stable, the lads are really enjoying working with John, he's got a good connection to the area"

Increasingly looking like that's the way we're headed.

I admire those who are trying to retain optimism that this time we'll actually do the right thing, but the historical evidence is all pointing in the other direction.

I just don't get how anyone thinks they would get rid of carver in the summer if he keeps us up. It's the cheap option and if fans are still getting tickets why would they change?

£1,200,000 per Premier League finishing position. They want the manager to be bad enough to not qualify for Europe, but not bad enough to finish bottom half.

Should Carver take us from 9th to 17th in 5 months there's no way he'd get the job.

And yet AP took us from 5th to 16th and was never in danger apparently.

Hughton won something like 1 in 13 as caretaker and got the job permanently the next season.