Lee Charnley

Dave

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  1m1 minute ago

Interesting to read thoughts of the lesser-spotted Lee Charnley. No manager until summer, no signings in Jan? #Nufc http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-md-lee-charnley-8484848

Seems to agree with our assessment of the situation.

Next Tweet

CaulkinTheTimes: Apart from that PLEASE BUY A SEASON TICKET.

People will renew regardless.

Football has become a consumer product for consumption, I wish fans would make rational decisions based upon this fact. :(

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  1m1 minute ago

Interesting to read thoughts of the lesser-spotted Lee Charnley. No manager until summer, no signings in Jan? #Nufc http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-md-lee-charnley-8484848

Seems to agree with our assessment of the situation.

Next Tweet

CaulkinTheTimes: Apart from that PLEASE BUY A SEASON TICKET.

Think he's right. The worst possible outcomes as usual.

What is there in that interview that would encourage you to buy a season ticket?

"We'll get a new manager next season, promise."

Rather wait and take the £50 hit in the unlikely event it's someone capable.

"we moved on significantly as a club during his four years, on and off the field, and Alan played a big part in that and I thank him".

About the only part I didn't agree with. But I'm sure both side will be arse kissing a while longer as to not leak any goss on each other.

As soon as pardew left this window was done. No way we'd buy any player without a manager, so no loss there. I agree in principle of waiting for the right candidate, however, we need to arrange that move ASAP, have it signed and ready to go for the summer, which means carver knows his place, and the fans know the future.

If it's all genuine then there's not much in that which upsets or annoys me. Whether it's the truth time will tell. I won't hold my breath but I wont abuse him either for simply doing his job to a better standard than anything we've seen from Ashley's cronies so far.

The most idiotic statement has to be we have a full roster so bringing in players this January window was never on the cards. Does this fucker even know we have three centre backs, one of whom is out for the season?

response would probably be but we have a cb coming in the summer and that will bring us to 4 so why buy one. Scary thing is one long term injury to Colo and we probably do go down and he's not that great to begin with

While some of the reaction on here is one of the reasons they are reluctant to engage as it gets picked apart the simple rules of business is you soften bad news with good news telling loyal fans the up side is they are taking their time is just idiotic. Not only that but having sold and not replaced players then giving that as an example of what the new trusting "triangle" is about is ludicrous

"we moved on significantly as a club during his four years, on and off the field, and Alan played a big part in that and I thank him".

About the only part I didn't agree with. But I'm sure both side will be arse kissing a while longer as to not leak any goss on each other.

As soon as pardew left this window was done. No way we'd buy any player without a manager, so no loss there. I agree in principle of waiting for the right candidate, however, we need to arrange that move ASAP, have it signed and ready to go for the summer, which means carver knows his place, and the fans know the future.

If it's all genuine then there's not much in that which upsets or annoys me. Whether it's the truth time will tell. I won't hold my breath but I wont abuse him either for simply doing his job to a better standard than anything we've seen from Ashley's cronies so far.

No better or worse than Llambias tbh.

Short memory.

While some of the reaction on here is one of the reasons they are reluctant to engage as it gets picked apart the simple rules of business is you soften bad news with good news telling loyal fans the up side is they are taking their time is just idiotic. Not only that but having sold and not replaced players then giving that as an example of what the new trusting "triangle" is about is ludicrous

:lol:

Short memory.

Nope. Blind faith will get you nowhere.

Pointless football club.  Sell pk

Player for x amount and buy bargain cheap replacements, while ashley sneaks off with all the tv dosh.  How this isnt a scandel i  i dont fckin know.

Ashley wonders why he gets stick.  f*** off the lot off you.

The most idiotic statement has to be we have a full roster so bringing in players this January window was never on the cards. Does this fucker even know we have three centre backs, one of whom is out for the season?

response would probably be but we have a cb coming in the summer and that will bring us to 4 so why buy one. Scary thing is one long term injury to Colo and we probably do go down and he's not that great to begin with

The fact they consider Williamson a football player us even more worrying.