Lee Charnley

Dave

12 months ago Charnley wasn't our MD though

I'm aware of that. Based on what he was on - peanuts - as club secretary, and based on what Llambias was on (significantly more), etc, I have *sigh* a very good idea of what he's on now - but it's a joint effort. His bonus might be £500,000 for EPL survival, I don't know, but I doubt it.

How would you be privy to these details?

I'm quite close to someone who used to be very high up at an EPL club and a lot of the CEOs discuss payment packages at various clubs - those who don't get decent coin tend not to say anything, and that's Charnley and a couple of others. A figure was arrived at for what he would have been on at the time and that has resurfaced recently with Jabba's involvement at Rangers - where every sports journalist in Scotland has a contact, and I know 90% of sports journalists in Scotland.

I also know two admin staff at NUFC and know exactly what a number of other backroom staff are on.

What was Llambias on out of interest?

Basic, in the region of £275-£300,000. I know he had a fairly complex bonus structure in his contract - and does again, at Rangers (where he's on less, but not by much).

Funnily enough I am writing about gaming regulation in Malta at the moment - I'd best get on.

Even if it's all lies, I'm glad he's said something. Makes a refreshing change from diddly fucking squat.

I'd prefer actions over words like.

No players in, No manager in absolute fucking joke and I don't give a fuck about his empty words.

Even if it's all lies, I'm glad he's said something. Makes a refreshing change from diddly fucking squat.

Nothing new though Dave. Still the Ashley party line.

Not one positive in that statement other than the fact the daft cunt has made one in the first place.

Well of course, I'm just saying it makes a change to hear something rather than holding us in utter contempt by staying silent at such important times.

I know what you mean Dave but I feel like he's done the equivalent of saying nothing (not that it wasn't totally expected)

Guest neesy111

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  1m1 minute ago

Interesting to read thoughts of the lesser-spotted Lee Charnley. No manager until summer, no signings in Jan? #Nufc http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-md-lee-charnley-8484848

Seems to agree with our assessment of the situation.

Next Tweet

CaulkinTheTimes: Apart from that PLEASE BUY A SEASON TICKET.