Lee Charnley

Dave

Difficult to make a judgement on Charnley, really. The summer was a load of horseshit and his immediate proximity to Ashley makes me extremely sceptical, but appointing Garde would be an very positive step forward - for the sheer fact it's vaguely progressive. The last consciously progressive move the club made was in January 2012.

He gets some slack if he hires the right man. If he doesn't he's a cock. Simple as that. I've said like a million times in this thread - he's got a job to do and I'm not going to pat him on the back if he continues to do nothing as we continue mediocrity. A decent manager can still accomplish all of Ashley's goals (money in his pocket and SD exposure) without breaking the bank.

Guest neesy111

Difficult to make a judgement on Charnley, really. The summer was a load of horseshit and his immediate proximity to Ashley makes me extremely sceptical, but appointing Garde would be an very positive step forward - for the sheer fact it's vaguely progressive. The last consciously progressive move the club made was in January 2012.

He's been running the club for over 18 months now, easily can make a judgement.

The next few days may be more revealing than the 18 months that preceeded it.

'Incompetent 'yes man'' would cover it for me.

Would love to know what he's on compared to other chief execs, bet it's absolutely peanuts.

He pays pretty well to be fair in business, maybe not paying footballers their crazy money but management and the like get a fair wage with cracking bonuses.

Would love to know what he's on compared to other chief execs, bet it's absolutely peanuts.

He pays pretty well to be fair in business, maybe not paying footballers their crazy money but management and the like get a fair wage with cracking bonuses.

It's all performance related.

His checkout staff get 50p for every magazine they sell at the counter for example.

Guest antz1uk

His checkout staff get 50p for every magazine they sell at the counter for example.

5p for every bag for life too  :lol:

Not really 23k for assistant manager plus 25% if you stop a year. The 10k extra is the bonus. Same for manager except you start at 30k, then area manager 60k+. Not bad for retail really.

He actually did manage to sign some players this summer gone, which is more than could be said for Joe fucking Kinnear. What Ashley's role was in all that we will never know.

i would like to think that charnley recognises the impact graham carr had on his job this summer - without perez and janmaat in particular he'd have essentially ended up looking like he'd balls'd his first major window activity but now he's got a potential superstar out of it and janmaat looks like one of the best RB's in the league (plus cabella will come good imo and you'd imagine de jong will be decent once fit :lol:

LC: "er Graham, Mike's asked me to sort the new head coach position out on me own, fancy helping me with me homework?"

I have a very good idea of what he's on and his basic is well under £100,000. I don't know what bonus he gets for us finishing 17th or whatever.