Lee Charnley

Dave

So the main target for NUFC is to not be relegated from the Premiership? The ambition! Not getting relegated from the Premiership is the same target the 3 teams promoted from the Championship have.

No. As repeated in the statement, the target for this season was/is a top 10 finish.

I'm sure they'd be over the moon at having to pay bonuses out to the staff and players.

Not sure what you're saying, do you know for a fact there's a bonus?

"At the beginning of the season all our staff and players were incentivised should we finish in tenth position and above, and our commitment to achieving this will continue right up until the final whistle on 11th May.

Ah, missed that one. Let's say it really exists. Why offer a bonus? Did they think that a top 10 finish was out of the question? Doesn't really make sense.

So the main target for NUFC is to not be relegated from the Premiership? The ambition! Not getting relegated from the Premiership is the same target the 3 teams promoted from the Championship have.

No. As repeated in the statement, the target for this season was/is a top 10 finish.

I'm sure they'd be over the moon at having to pay bonuses out to the staff and players.

I thought you said you read the article. :lol:

Hadn't memorised it word by word, my sincerest apologies.

I thought you said you read the article. :lol:

Hadn't memorised it word by word, my sincerest apologies.

:lol: Memorised it word by word, Jesus.

If 10th is the minimum then here's hoping we get 11th. If 10th is minimum then that suggests heads will roll.

:shifty:

Our only hope is ashley arrives at the traning ground in his helicopter and picks everyone up for a laugh. THEN CRASHES THE COPTER INTO THE NORTH SEA, where the survivors are mauled by a one in million chance rogue white shark.

"At the beginning of the season all our staff and players were incentivised should we finish in tenth position and above, and our commitment to achieving this will continue right up until the final whistle on 11th May.

Ah, missed that one. Let's say it really exists. Why offer a bonus? Did they think that a top 10 finish was out of the question? Doesn't really make sense.

Not sure what's difficult to understand - we finished perilously close to getting relegated last year, which meant we had to spend money on transfers.  Never again.

A top 10 finish is this seasons target (which might not be achieved given the free fall we have been in since Boxing Day). I wonder what next seasons target will be? Without suitable replacements for Cabaye and Remy next seasons realistic target could well be don't get relegated from the Premiership.

I liked this from NUFC.com: -

"Looking ahead to future seasons, our primary focus will remain the Premier League (so don't bother coming to watch us in any cup ties)"

I bet NUFC are hoping we get drawn away from home in both cups.

It will be interesting to see what level is acceptable next season in the eyes of the board. Will 10th be the aim year on year or what?

Wasn't there something from the club along these lines a few months ago?

@MsiDouglas: Charnley statement tells u everything about why he got the job. Unstintingly loyal & sticks to party line. Let's see how summer goes.. #nufc

They're so not getting unbanned anytime soon :lol:

Guest Spark

I honestly think we need about 5 players just to stand still. Can't see us avoiding relegation with this "one or two players a year" policy.

Not sure what's difficult to understand - we finished perilously close to getting relegated last year, which meant we had to spend money on transfers.  Never again.

Point taken  :thup:

I honestly think we need about 5 players just to stand still. Can't see us avoiding relegation with this "one or two players a year" policy.

As nufc point out, they dont actully mention "purchase"

Hello more loan signings.

"While at the moment we can't compete with the commercial strength of the top six, whose income from sponsorship and advertising deals dwarfs other clubs in the Premier League, we will work hard to drive up our commercial income to give ourselves the best possible chance of competing on the field with those wealthier clubs."

This shit again.

Are Everton really that much more of an attractive prospect than us to advertisers? I really don't think so.

(Well they are in terms of how the club is run, but if both were run properly, we'd at least match them.)

"While at the moment we can't compete with the commercial strength of the top six, whose income from sponsorship and advertising deals dwarfs other clubs in the Premier League, we will work hard to drive up our commercial income to give ourselves the best possible chance of competing on the field with those wealthier clubs."

This shit again.

Are Everton really that much more of an attractive prospect than us to advertisers? I really don't think so.

(Well they are in terms of how the club is run, but if both were run properly, we'd at least match them.)

There's little point in trying to analyse it in such detail. It's just pure lies, designed to sway the gullible.