Lee Charnley

Dave

So the main target for NUFC is to not be relegated from the Premiership? The ambition! Not getting relegated from the Premiership is the same target the 3 teams promoted from the Championship have.

I think he's just repeating that the focus is the Premiership (as in being a priority over cups), not simply staying in the Premiership as you seem to have interpreted it.

There is no actual stated target in his flaccid pronouncement, though you'd suspect top 8 next year as it was (ludicrously with hindsight) last season.

Any sort of statement doesn't make any difference, as far as I'm concerned. The very fact that Alan Pardew is still here tells you all you need to know about the club's (three blokes') mentality.

and will not accrue debt in order to achieve short-term gains

Can anyone decipher this? What gains?

Pick one;

A) The title. We will not buy Pardew all (ALL) the players (DEBT) to win the title (1 YEAR GAIN).

B) We will not sack Pardew (GAIN) because it will cost us (DEBT).

I'm going to give him a chance.

A chance to do what exactly? Deliver on his strategy of stagnation?

A chance to do his job, work within the limitations that have been set above him and hopefully take the club forward. He's smart enough to know the best way to improve the club on a shoestring budget is get the best out of the players we've got, which means getting rid of the useless cunt of a manager and bringing in someone who can.

I heard before weekend it's a matter of when not if with Pardew and at the latest he'll be gone by the start of June. This news of a new MD strengthens that for me. He'll want to make his mark now he's in charge, I really thought today Pardew would have gone, shame that didn't happen for whatever reason but it's only a matter of time.

So the main target for NUFC is to not be relegated from the Premiership? The ambition! Not getting relegated from the Premiership is the same target the 3 teams promoted from the Championship have.

No. As repeated in the statement, the target for this season was/is a top 10 finish.

A chance to do his job, work within the limitations that have been set above him and hopefully take the club forward. He's smart enough to know the best way to improve the club on a shoestring budget is get the best out of the players we've got, which means getting rid of the useless cunt of a manager and bringing in someone who can.

I heard before weekend it's a matter of when not if with Pardew and at the latest he'll be gone by the start of June. This news of a new MD strengthens that for me. He'll want to make his mark now he's in charge, I really thought today Pardew would have gone, shame that didn't happen for whatever reason but it's only a matter of time.

Say what now?

A chance to do his job, work within the limitations that have been set above him and hopefully take the club forward. He's smart enough to know the best way to improve the club on a shoestring budget is get the best out of the players we've got, which means getting rid of the useless c*** of a manager and bringing in someone who can.

Good post TT. While I don't share your optimism regarding Pardew being gone by June, I don't really see this statement as a confirmation of him staying.

No. As repeated in the statement, the target for this season was/is a top 10 finish.

I'm sure they'd be over the moon at having to pay bonuses out to the staff and players.

I'm sure they'd be over the moon at having to pay bonuses out to the staff and players.

Especially after ashley getting a £73 million bonus rejected from shareholders.

Not sure what you're saying, do you know for a fact there's a bonus?

Its really simple,

Maintain status quo on a small budget whilst maximising Sports Direct's image through the Premier League.  Offer the fans massive knock down prices to watch...cos the daft geordies will watch anything.

"At the beginning of the season all our staff and players were incentivised should we finish in tenth position and above, and our commitment to achieving this will continue right up until the final whistle on 11th May.

We are the worst club in the league to support, at least those at the bottom try and go for stuff :(

Yup.

I'd rather the club completey imploded and started again.  At least you'd have something to support and have a sence of achivement if the club was winning promotion. 

I just cant bring myself to support this shit.  Nothing but advertising space.

"At the beginning of the season all our staff and players were incentivised should we finish in tenth position and above, and our commitment to achieving this will continue right up until the final whistle on 11th May.

Seems like our players and manager have decided they dont want any extra money  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought you said you read the article. :lol: