Miguel Almirón

Deuce

As were half the players we signed back then. They were working under a total shithouse of a manager who didn't have a clue how to get the best out of them.

When you think of the talent Pardew had to work with compared to what Rafa has been handed, it makes you want to weep.

I thought Cabella could've made it here after some really good performances in the second half of that season, but he as a completely different type of athlete to Almiron. He was a nimble, agile player with pretty average pace (a no.10, basically). Almiron is slight, aye, but looks absolutely rapid in terms of both acceleration and top speed.

The United manager has been pleased with what he’s seen so far from the new arrival. “I think he is exactly what we were expecting and what we were looking for.

“He is very dynamic and he has pace. We were surprised he has very good stamina. He has the movements we were looking for so I think it is all fine. Now we have to see how he settled down in the Premier League with the pace and the physicality.

“Everyone we saw when we were watching him, we have seen exactly the same in training sessions.”

Sounds very promising.

51555122_417676955662800_7073294956746569932_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com

We have this saying in Paraguay … I don’t know how to translate it to English perfectly.

Quiero contar contigo.

“I want to count with you,” is basically it. But what it means is: I want to rely on you, and I want to do this together.

It’s like a vote of confidence.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/miguel-almiron-atlanta-united

:aww:

51555122_417676955662800_7073294956746569932_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com

We have this saying in Paraguay … I don’t know how to translate it to English perfectly.

Quiero contar contigo.

“I want to count with you,” is basically it. But what it means is: I want to rely on you, and I want to do this together.

It’s like a vote of confidence.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/miguel-almiron-atlanta-united

:aww:

:icon_salut: