St James' Park

Delima

Didn’t Wonga ask them to drop the Sports Direct stadium name change after they became our shirt sponsor?

Yep (apparently).

They also supposedly paid for the old gates to be placed in front of a wall.

Naming a new stadium is just kind of expected so if we ever reach that point then fine.

Renaming of SJP just seems wrong, and I don't see how it has enough benefit. Surely they can find enough other avenues to up revenues without needing to do such a thing?

Guest reefatoon

They could just rename a stand (East Stand), and use that as an excuse to throw loads of money at it.

They could just rename a stand (East Stand), and use that as an excuse to throw loads of money at it.

Was thinking that.

Or throw even more money at it, build a small stadium for the stiffs as part of a wonderful new training complex and name that (when I say stadium, I mean a pitch with about 10 rows all the way round).

It’s important to note that this particular development is not the development that is feared would block an expansion of the Gallowgate end. The developers and the owners of The Strawberry have also worked together and the Strawberry owners were in favour of the development.

It’s important to note that this particular development is not the development that is feared would block an expansion of the Gallowgate end. The developers and the owners of The Strawberry have also worked together and the Strawberry owners were in favour of the development.

Of course they were. The Strawberry has never give a toss about the fight against Ashley.

When or if the new owners come in,we need to knock the Leazes end down and put the old one back up.The blueprint must be somewhere.

You want to knock down the current fairly modern stand for a lower capacity stand?