Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah he wasn't universally popular, and the percentage of those who weren't keen on Rafa increased tenfold when he went to China. Only wanted money, you see, he was never interested in staying.

I think most of us here would be in the minority tbh.

Would make winning our first trophy in over half a century even sweeter if public enemy Rafael Benitez Maudes was the man to lead us to it.

We’d have the rest of the country rattled.

I can't help but feel that Rafa DESERVES to come back and build his vision. He is one of the few who actually cares about the city, the fans and the people.  Bring him home

it's also easily forgotten how far he dropped to not only come to us in the first place but to stay for 3 years :lol:

the man deserves to come back, with good backing and time, to build a club in his vision and see what he can achieve

Guest chopey

Can we have a poll for Rafa or Poch ? it would be interesting to see what the result would be.

Different universe to the bacon muncher. Bring him home.

Loved watching that again. And some of our fans would prefer what Steve Bacon and his football compared to Rafa's. Where's that picture of us being at the bottom of all stats this season?

I really really really really want Rafa to come back.

That's both my head and my heart speaking.

He's a leader who I trust, and an experienced pro who will be best positioned to organise a rebuild of the club, from the ground up.

The 'defensive' tag was never something that sat well with me. He organised us to win, and sometimes that meant being defensively structured. With the best tools he will have us playing pure football.

I want him back more than anything.

Rafa is my number 1 choice but lets not start pretending that his teams will be more pleasing on the eye than a Poch team. That's not to say its negative or defensive, but Rafa's teams will also be more in control than a Poch team who would have more freedom for individual expression.

Still Rafa though

He's a leader who I trust, and an experienced pro who will be best positioned to organise a rebuild of the club, from the ground up.

The 'defensive' tag was never something that sat well with me. He organised us to win, and sometimes that meant being defensively structured. With the best tools he will have us playing pure football.

Rafa is my number 1 choice but lets not start pretending that his teams will be more pleasing on the eye than a Poch team. That's not to say its negative or defensive, but Rafa's teams will also be more in control than a Poch team who would have more freedom for individual expression.

Still Rafa though

Rafa Benitez is the highest goal rate Real Madrid manager in the last 60 years produced their biggest goalscoring win in Champions League history(8 v 0) and their biggest La Liga win in sixty years(10 v 2)

It’s just a myth that he only plays defensive football and that Poch would be more attacking than him if both had a good team/financial backing.

Rafa’s goal rate at R Madrid(2.76)

Rafa’s goal rate at Chelsea(2.06)

Rafa’s goal rate at Napoli(1.96)

Compare that with Poch’s goal rate at Spurs(1.91)

We were great to watch from when Almiron signed - 4th top scorers and 6th highest points!

The football was the best seen I have seen in years. Free flowing to some extent whilst retaining that organisation we come to expect from a Rafa team

Just wondered if that would be a sticking point in him agreeing to come back, as most reports seem to agree that we are going to be employing a director of football.

It wouldn't be a problem. He's only taken the extra responsibilities when no one else at the clubs (particularly Liverpool and Newcastle) were qualified to make the decisions.

As long as the responsibilities are clear, the manager is listened to and gets final yes or no on transfers, Rafa has always said he's happy working with a DoF (or an equivalent setup).

Still Rafa though

Rafa Benitez is the highest goal rate Real Madrid manager in the last 60 years produced their biggest goalscoring win in Champions League history(8 v 0) and their biggest La Liga win in sixty years(10 v 2)

It’s just a myth that he only plays defensive football and that Poch would be more attacking than him if both had a good team/financial backing.

Rafa’s goal rate at R Madrid(2.76)

Rafa’s goal rate at Chelsea(2.06)

Rafa’s goal rate at Napoli(1.96)

Compare that with Poch’s goal rate at Spurs(1.91)

Hence my point that its not negative or defensive. However goals aren't what I was on about, its the aesthetics. Compare say Ginola and Robert (or even Gillespie). All are effective but Ginola had that little bit more individual flair. you wouldn't complain with any of them and they all get you goals and results but one is a little more pleasing on the eye.

Shit analogy, but I'm not downplaying Rafa's methods at all - he is my number 1 choice to take us forward and he is more likely to bring success than Poch atm based on experience if nothing else but I completely get why for some 90 mins of Poch vs 90 mins of Rafa gives a different choice.

Gillepsie was my favourite out the 3 btw

I would be over the moon with either. Forgetting they are both extremely talented coaches and i would be 100% confident both coaches would have a proper structure in place to move the club forward for both the present and future...wouldn't it be nice to have someone representing the club with there class other than awl rasher face himself

Aye Rafa. He's been and done it. That's not a slight against Poch as I think he's cracking manager. I just think Rafa would be ideal to lay the foundations for long term success on and off the pitch.