Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Any reason why people keep posting this guy’s tweets?  He was making out he knew loads about the Staveley takeover aswell, proper lapping the attention up.

Something like, “WOW i’m blown away by what i’ve just heard!” or some s**** like that.  :hmm:

He’s legit. Based in Dubai and has solid contacts. I wouldn’t call him an attention seeker at all.

Agree. Trust him as much as I would trust anybody. Don’t think he’s in it for the attention.

Can just imagine the Sheikh coming in for a cleaning.

Mitch - “Is it safe?”

marathon-man.jpg

This guy is more legit than the journos we have here. Edwards and Douglas have no real clue as to what is going on.

Guest godzilla

I'm still going to believe based on what we know as opposed to what we don't know that BZG are genuine, it's all done and dusted, and the hold up is with the PL who are taking their time. ...

Problem with that theory is pretty much every journalist is saying that these tests are not taking place yet.  The documentation submitted to the premier league is not the one that triggers them.  They could all be wrong of course but that seems unlikely to me. 

Edit... I do agree that bzg are probably genuine mind.  I just don’t think they’re at that point yet.  I think they’re probably still negotiating the details with Ashley.

What the same journalists who didn't even have a clue about bzg in the first place?

The original journo who broke the story

Probably the only journo that I can believe 'a bit' because of him breaking the news and not going on and on and on like the others have been whether the deal is on or off.

Guest godzilla

Caulkin says the Bin Zayed Group haven't reached exclusivity yet.

He keeps mentioning another group as do some of the other journalists. I atually believe that their sources are coming from this group who are trying to put it out that they are still attempting to buy. As a much as I prefer GC to the other journalists, he and they don't know anything about what is happening with the BZG bid at all.

How come takeovers of other clubs never seem to take this long

:lol:

How do you know this?

We only found out about this a couple of weeks ago man. 

Even if other clubs don't take 'this long', they aren't owned by Mike Ashley.  Imagine trying to undo all of his tentacles man, assuming it doesn't fall through due to how tight of a hold he has on us after 12 years, it's going to take forever to negotiate everything.

I’m guessing they do, just ours became public.

It's a good job it did. Could you imagine this place if Rafa was stuck in limbo with us making up reasons why it's not happening?  :lol

Fucking carnage

:lol:

How do you know this?

We only found out about this a couple of weeks ago man. 

Even if other clubs don't take 'this long', they aren't owned by Mike Ashley.  Imagine trying to undo all of his tentacles man, assuming it doesn't fall through due to how tight of a hold he has on us after 12 years, it's going to take forever to negotiate everything.

So it's on then?

Guest neesy111

Takeover, no Ashley >>> Rafa with Ashley. It's wank but thats the reality for me. Anything to get rid of the fat boy.

:thup:

Tbh Rafa may have talked himself out of a job the way he's defied Ashley. It may reflect badly on him trying to do the right thing by us and the club. It would be an absolute shame if the new owners thought like that but it's like work, you've got to respect those above you and do as thry say or you'll be seen as trouble, even if you are correct.

They do, you just aren't invested in them. I remember a Milan one a few years ago taking like a year.

Tbh Rafa may have talked himself out of a job the way he's defied Ashley. It may reflect badly on him trying to do the right thing by us and the club. It would be an absolute shame if the new owners thought like that but it's like work, you've got to respect those above you and do as thry say or you'll be seen as trouble, even if you are correct.

What nonsense.

Wish Rafa was more like Pards, me.

Easy to hate?

No back bone or character to actually push the owner to better the first team and club.  Happy to sit and skim off the club and its resources.