Andreas Samaris

Nobody

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/26/report-newcastle-united-close-to-reach-agreement-for-andreas-sam/

Newcastle United close to agreeing a deal for Greek midfielder Andreas Samaris.

According to reports from Portuguese publication, O Jogo (printed edition; press reader), Newcastle United are close to agreeing a deal for Greek midfielder, Andreas Samaris.

The 28-year-old joined Benfica in 2014, and has made 110 appearances for the club in all competitions.

However, he has lately been dropped down the pecking order at the club and made only 18 league appearances last season.

Picture Supplied by Action Images - Andreas Samaris

Picture Supplied by Action Images - Andreas Samaris

Newcastle made an offer of around €15 million (£13.40 million) last month, but the offer was rejected as Benfica were looking for a figure close to £17.8 million (€20 million).

O jogo claims Benfica have relaxed their stance, and are willing to do business with the Magpies for £13.40 million.

The negotiation between the two clubs have “evolved in a positive way”, and the midfielder could be heading to the Premier League.

O Jogo adds that although the deal hasn’t been finalized but all the indications point out that Newcastle will not pass on this opportunity of signing the player.

Samaris has shown his commitment to Benfica over the years, but he understands that he needs to play regularly to keep his chances alive of getting selected in the World Cup squad.

Are they actually reporting it based on their own information?  Because I'm genuinely concerned, after yesterday's Sports Witness article that in their opinion the longer it goes the more likely our offer will be accepted.

That they are just printing stories based off that and it was just an opinion piece, maybe I'm reading too much into it but I want to be true. :lol:

A big Greek signing in a World Cup year, really hope there's something in this.

The fact it's in the Greek and Portuguese press does not fill me with optimism, but the link has persisted through the summer.