Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/08/newcastle-manager-on-guard-for-bolton-s-big-clash-79310-30716621/

Meanwhile, Alan Pardew expects Gabriel Obertan to be back for the Stoke game next Saturday.

“He’s been injured but it’s not serious – we think he’ll be back for Stoke,” the Toon boss said.

Really strange how NUFC didn't say what his injury is. I know Obertan isn't a fan's favourite but I think he'll be quite handy in these last 6 games. Bring him on in the last 20 minutes to run at tiring defences like he did against Blackburn.

Guest VaVaVoom

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/08/newcastle-manager-on-guard-for-bolton-s-big-clash-79310-30716621/

Meanwhile, Alan Pardew expects Gabriel Obertan to be back for the Stoke game next Saturday.

“He’s been injured but it’s not serious – we think he’ll be back for Stoke,” the Toon boss said.

Really strange how NUFC didn't say what his injury is. I know Obertan isn't a fan's favourite but I think he'll be quite handy in these last 6 games. Bring him on in the last 20 minutes to run at tiring defences like he did against Blackburn.

I agree.

And Marveaux coming back soon. Options on the bench late in games could be crucial in this last 6 games.

Would be interesting to see how he goes in Ba's position on the left of a front three...

In the same way it would be interesting to discover what it feels like to have your toenails ripped out with a pair of pliers.

Would be interesting to see how he goes in Ba's position on the left of a front three...

I can see where you're coming from with that... Ba needs a goal sooner rather than later that's for sure... Maybe something to try if we ever have a game put to bed with 20mins to go...

I can see where you're coming from with that... Ba needs a goal sooner rather than later that's for sure... Maybe something to try if we ever have a game put to bed with 20mins to go...

I can see where Wullie is coming from.

• 2 weeks later...