Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

:lol:  tbf "Acknowledging our correspondence" could literally be anything from a detailed response to issues and points within it to getting a read receipt in outlook. The question really is do they give a toss about the contents.

Turns out it was "sit down and shut up" then. No wonder they didn't want to release the response at the time.

Releasing it had nothing to do with the content of the response as we've explained countless times. We never hid the fact is was a basic acknowledgment.

Absolute rubbish this mind, there's nothing in that letter or response that warranted withholding it from their members once the reply was received. As it has been since they first started out NUST is all about creating a perception that they are in the loop and involved way more than they really are, no better example than this one. I was a member early on but quickly realised my mistake. They've written a letter to the Premier League been ignored / got a holding letter back, and then announced that "they've had a response". Absolute jokers.

This couldn't be further from the truth. :mackems:

What did it achieve? What came of the instruction of your legal counsel ultimately?

Are you a Member of the Trust? If you are (I don't think you are) and have concerns in this regard you should email [email protected].

Question dodged  :whistle:

I've already explained I used to be a member but packed it in. If you took the time to read what I posted rather than just react blindly to criticism you'd have seen that. At the end of the day the Trust went to all of the trouble of instructing legal counsel and got the exact same stock answer as everyone else, which was entirely predictable.

If you were a Member you would have received a detailed explanation as to why the letters were not released until now. The overwhelming majority understand that position.

You're stilll avoiding the question, so we're done here now.

:lol:

Don’t know how you deal so civilly with people determined to be c***s.

He's pretty much refused to answer my questions, not sure how that's "dealing" with anything.

As for calling me that if I did it to Greg I assume I'd get a ban. No doubt you'll be OK though.  O0

It's been explained - but NUST only represents its members. You aren't a member.

How many members do you have now?

What is your point though?

My point is wondering what the numbers are.

Back when I was a member about ten years ago they became a joke of an organisation who managed to alienate and lose half of their members in around 12 months. The farce of that bid to buy the club etc.

There's obviously been a massive recruitment drive ( off the back of Rafa going if everyone is honest) and I wondered what the numbers are now.

Problem with people like Greg is he doesn't seem interested in people who gave up on the trust. He's said himself if you aren't aember he isn't interested. That's the wrong way of treating people who have been members previously.

The new board has built the Trust up from a few hundred members just over a year and a half ago to well over 8,000. We've effectively had to start from scratch.

I'm more than open to discussing and debating the pros and cons of the trust and to take constructive criticism with anyone - but not with anonymous people on the internet that are only negative, attack us and what we do and are seemingly unwilling to understand or respect what we do at all.

People really need to understand the really challenging tightrope that NUST are on. They need to work constructively and professionally with organisations such as the PL and all the same time be seen by its own fanbase to be taking action

People really need to understand the really challenging tightrope that NUST are on. They need to work constructively and professionally with organisations such as the PL and all the same time be seen by its own fanbase to be taking action

If it’s to the detriment of the club and supporters I don’t agree with that.

:lol:  tbf "Acknowledging our correspondence" could literally be anything from a detailed response to issues and points within it to getting a read receipt in outlook. The question really is do they give a toss about the contents.

Turns out it was "sit down and shut up" then. No wonder they didn't want to release the response at the time.

Releasing it had nothing to do with the content of the response as we've explained countless times. We never hid the fact is was a basic acknowledgment.

Absolute rubbish this mind, there's nothing in that letter or response that warranted withholding it from their members once the reply was received. As it has been since they first started out NUST is all about creating a perception that they are in the loop and involved way more than they really are, no better example than this one. I was a member early on but quickly realised my mistake. They've written a letter to the Premier League been ignored / got a holding letter back, and then announced that "they've had a response". Absolute jokers.

What did it achieve? What came of the instruction of your legal counsel ultimately?

Are you a Member of the Trust? If you are (I don't think you are) and have concerns in this regard you should email [email protected].

I've already explained I used to be a member but packed it in. If you took the time to read what I posted rather than just react blindly to criticism you'd have seen that. At the end of the day the Trust went to all of the trouble of instructing legal counsel and got the exact same stock answer as everyone else, which was entirely predictable.

If you were a Member you would have received a detailed explanation as to why the letters were not released until now. The overwhelming majority understand that position.

He's pretty much refused to answer my questions, not sure how that's "dealing" with anything.

As for calling me that if I did it to Greg I assume I'd get a ban. No doubt you'll be OK though.  O0

It's been explained - but NUST only represents its members. You aren't a member.

Back when I was a member about ten years ago they became a joke of an organisation who managed to alienate and lose half of their members in around 12 months. The farce of that bid to buy the club etc.

There's obviously been a massive recruitment drive ( off the back of Rafa going if everyone is honest) and I wondered what the numbers are now.

Problem with people like Greg is he doesn't seem interested in people who gave up on the trust. He's said himself if you aren't aember he isn't interested. That's the wrong way of treating people who have been members previously.

The new board has built the Trust up from a few hundred members just over a year and a half ago to well over 8,000. We've effectively had to start from scratch.

I'm more than open to discussing and debating the pros and cons of the trust and to take constructive criticism with anyone - but not with anonymous people on the internet that are only negative, attack us and what we do and are seemingly unwilling to understand or respect what we do at all.

That's a commendable effort  :thup:

I was more than interested in what you were doing again last year until I read the piece by one of the board in the Chronicle talking about owning the club one day still being the longer term aim. Massive mistake that. The whole thing was terribly handled last time and cost the group big time,set you back years.

And while it wasn't you, being called a cunt by someone for massively disagreeing with what the Trust does or doesn't do makes it very difficult to respect what they do like you ask.

That's a commendable effort  :thup:

I was more than interested in what you were doing again last year until I read the piece by one of the board in the Chronicle talking about owning the club one day still being the longer term aim. Massive mistake that. The whole thing was terribly handled last time and cost the group big time,set you back years.

And while it wasn't you, being called a c*** by someone for massively disagreeing with what the Trust does or doesn't do makes it very difficult to respect what they do like you ask.

That's all fair.

On the fan ownership point - it's the ultimate aim of all Trusts - but it is not realistic at Premier League level for full fan ownership. We have been working on a plan for something around this, what Hearts have done in Scotland for example is amazing but it would be very different to what NUST tried to achieved many years ago - asking people to risks their pensions and life savings was never going to work!

Greg[/member]

Has there been much discussion within the NUST about what the next steps are after the fallout from last week? Is there any action being taken or is there any plans to try and contact Masters again?

Greg[/member]

Has there been much discussion within the NUST about what the next steps are after the fallout from last week? Is there any action being taken or is there any plans to try and contact Masters again?

Board meeting tomorrow - we've got in touch with the FSA (as our umbrella body) to ask that they facilitate a meeting with the Premier League but aren't holding our breath on that one.

Greg[/member]

Board meeting tomorrow - we've got in touch with the FSA (as our umbrella body) to ask that they facilitate a meeting with the Premier League but aren't holding our breath on that one.

Thanks for the response mate. Appreciate the work you guys are putting in. I’m joining up next week as I really don’t see a way forward for our club in the future if we don’t have a united fan base with a voice that could eventually be heard. Hoping others do the same.

We've some good idea, to try and build things up and get more involved in the running of NUST - hopefully can say more soon. A lot went on hold with the pandemic and takeover etc.

Greg, these are my ideas:

1. Ask the CMA to investigate anti-competitive behaviour by the PL and member clubs in colluding to prevent the takeover.

2. Create a stock email that members from throughout the UK can send to their MPs asking them to support Chi’s correspondence with Masters and to support an investigation into the PL by the CMA

3. Actively engage Alok Sharma, Ed Milliband and Lucy Powell to persuade them to push the CMA to investigate the PL. be sure to point out that this issue creates a precedent which has ramifications for 90 other clubs, not just our own

4. Through the FSA engage with other supporter groups. Remind them of times that NUFC fans have helped out their clubs and then ask club groups to engage their own clubs to tell them that interfering in another club’s takeover is not cool.

5. Ask the PL whether they have investigated the information provided to them by C4 about Everton not disclosing Usmanov’s involvement in their takeover. Or any other similar post takeover O&D infringements.

6. Engage with the Chronicle to run some highly negative stories on the PL on their front page.

7. Draw up a long list of ex-players in terms of their national stature and invite them to become involved in NUST and get involved in the critique of the PL.

8. Need some sort of responsible protest. A front door boo for the PL throughout Newcastle maybe? Another one would be a citywide boycott of PL sponsors coupled with online disruption of sponsor social media activities.

9. Accept that moving forward it is going to be hard to run protests and constructively engage with PL and NUFC. Choose which you want to be and open the door for a non-affiliated group to take the other role.

1. Ask the CMA to investigate anti-competitive behaviour by the PL and member clubs in colluding to prevent the takeover.

2. Create a stock email that members from throughout the UK asking them to support Chi’s correspondence with Masters and to support an investigation into the PL by the CMA

3. Actively engage Alok Sharma, Ed Milliband and Lucy Powell to persuade them to push the CMA to investigate the PL. be sure to point out that this issue creates a precedent which has ramifications for 90 other clubs, not just our own

4. Through the FSA engage with other supporter groups. Remind them of times that NUFC fans have helped out their clubs and then ask club groups to engage their own clubs to tell them that interfering in another club’s takeover is not cool.

5. Ask the PL whether they have investigated the information provided to them by C4 about Everton not disclosing Usmanov’s involvement in their takeover.

6. Engage with the Chronicle to run some highly negative stories on the PL on their front page.

7. Draw up a long list of ex-players in terms of their national stature and invite them to become involved in NUST and get involved in the critique of the PL.

8. Need some sort of responsible protest. A front door boo for the PL throughout Newcastle maybe?

9. Accept that moving forward it is going to be hard to run protests and constructively engage with PL and NUFC. Choose which you want to be an open the door for a non-affiliated group to take the other role.

Do you have access to email?

2. Create a stock email that members from throughout the UK asking them to support Chi’s correspondence with Masters and to support an investigation into the PL by the CMA

5. Ask the PL whether they have investigated the information provided to them by C4 about Everton not disclosing Usmanov’s involvement in their takeover.

8. Need some sort of responsible protest. A front door boo for the PL throughout Newcastle maybe?

9. Accept that moving forward it is going to be hard to run protests and constructively engage with PL and NUFC. Choose which you want to be an open the door for a non-affiliated group to take the other role.

Fantastic stuff well played.

Excellent constructive feedback. I'll add them to the list.

:thup: I’ve edited them slightly as a few typos and wasn’t clear on a couple of bits.

:thup: I’ve edited them slightly as a few typos and wasn’t clear on a couple of bits.

Great points there.

We have never needed NUST more than we do now, I am proud to be a member.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

1. Accept reality - its over - not gonna happen - never - nada etc

2. Accept that all you can reasonably do is walk away from SDFC 

3. Keep a safe distance and watch it slowly burn down

4. Get on with the rest of your life .

1. Accept reality - its over - not gonna happen - never - nada etc

2. Accept that all you can reasonably do is walk away from SDFC 

3. Keep a safe distance and watch it slowly burn down

4. Get on with the rest of your life .

What a constructive post.

I do think the trust should have been more focused on getting fans to protest and walk away in the past, pretending there's anything to engage with at NUFC is silly. And I also thought it was questionable to use the need for engagement with the club in the aftermath of Rafa's departure to get new members, given that very engagement is pointless.

That said, we're talking about the takeover process now and all those ideas from James are good. If the trust has a role to play in drawing attention to this stuff, it's a worthwhile thing to do.

Another strange decision. You can only have access to the discussion with Staveley if you sign up as a member.

Just tell people what's been said and let them decide if it's something they then want to be involved with.

Another strange decision. You can only have access to the discussion with Staveley if you sign up as a member.

Just tell people what's been said and let them decide if it's something they then want to be involved with.

I’ll give you the £1 to join if that’s the problem.