Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle United

samptime29

Guest Howaythetoon

Part of me wants to see a massive collapse just to see the Bruce defenders squirm like.

Them and the man himself the most would draw great pleasure from me to witness.

Guest Howaythetoon

Genuinely not sure why people want to see us do bad? We are far more likely to get sold if we're in the Prem rather than in the Championship.

We are far more likely to be sold with gates at half the capacity while stuck in Championship mid-table limbo for a few years than coining in money as a PL club.

Genuinely not sure why people want to see us do bad? We are far more likely to get sold if we're in the Prem rather than in the Championship.

We are far more likely to be sold with gates at half the capacity while stuck in Championship mid-table limbo for a few years than coining in money as a PL club.

We have no idea when we're likely to be sold because all logic points to him cutting and running with a profit and not at a loss.

We have no idea when we're likely to be sold because all logic points to him cutting and running with a profit and not at a loss.

Disagree with this HTT. Or at least partly. I don’t think we’ll be sold as a Championship club. I think we’ve got more chance if we’re in the Premier League and the fans continued to take action to force Ashley’s hand a little (shame about the free ticket lot).

You’ve only got to look at Sunderland and the absolutely chancers that have taken over there to try and make a quick buck. I don’t want to see my club go into oblivion to get a change of owner. Ashley isn’t going to want to write off his debt/loan.

Eventually one of these takeover rumours/groups will materialise and that’s far more likely in the Premier League with a bit of fan pressure towards Ashley in my eyes.

Guest The Little Waster

" I think we’ve got more chance if we’re in the Premier League and the fans continued to take action to force Ashley’s hand a little (shame about the free ticket lot). "

Continue to take action ?? What actions this like ?

Guest The Little Waster

Disagree with this HTT. Or at least partly. I don’t think we’ll be sold as a Championship club. I think we’ve got more chance if we’re in the Premier League and the fans continued to take action to force Ashley’s hand a little (shame about the free ticket lot).

You’ve only got to look at Sunderland and the absolutely chancers that have taken over there to try and make a quick buck. I don’t want to see my club go into oblivion to get a change of owner. Ashley isn’t going to want to write off his debt/loan.

Eventually one of these takeover rumours/groups will materialise and that’s far more likely in the Premier League with a bit of fan pressure towards Ashley in my eyes.

You miss the point . The club is already dead ...

Guest neesy111

You miss the point . The club is already dead ...

This.

Arsenal couldn’t have handpicked a nicer game to get them out of their little rut. Bet Arteta took one look at the fixture list, saw Newcastle (H) and rubbed his hands.

Seldom do well down there, can’t see this bring any different. 3-0, maybe 3-1 if we fluke another one.

Guest Howaythetoon

He’ll sell when it’s suddenly worth less to him to keep than it’s worth more to him to keep which right now, if I’m him, in terms of NUFC as a valuable asset, I’d not sell for even 400m. Not unless I needed the money badly anyway.

As ever, if fans stopped going that huge money making, global brand, fuck off asset of his wouldn’t be worth jack shit. He’d own a licence granted by the FA entitling him to register a team to play in their competitions, players’ registrations forms (not worth the paper they are written on) and a few copyright and trademarks.

Anyone of us could buy all that for a few k tomorrow.

He doesn’t own the players, they are employees. He doesn’t own the stadium or even any land now nor the training ground, he doesn’t own any patents or actual physical and tangible assets. He owns a few signs, some furniture, some fixtures and fittings, a badge, a domain name.

We are the asset, are the real value, we are Newcastle United and all those that go and buy shit with a badge on with some sea horses are allowing him to stay in business, enabling him to not need to sell up and above all else keeping him from having to be forced with no other option, but to sell.

The thought of my club staying in the PL year on year all because doing so will make it more saleable than playing in the Championship means fuck all if he’s the owner and right now, on a personal level, him owning a nothing Championship club playing to a half empty stadium ruining the day he wouldn’t sell when the club was worth a lot more, forced to sell for way less, would give me just as much satisfaction if some daft cunt come in now and give him 400m and he fucked off for good.

But then, I’d support my club whether it was League 3 or Premier League, if it was my club, my team, my Newcastle United. This is not. It’s Ashley’s and even when he’s long gone, I don’t think that club of mine which I’ll keep in my heart forever, will return again and maybe that’s for the best if I’m not to fall out of love with the game 100% forever.

I want Ashley out whatever the cost, even if it meant we were sold to the Saudis, a ‘regime’ I know I couldn’t get behind. But I’d be OK knowing at least no-one can ever own my NUFC, only if I sold out...

And that’s what those who haven’t walked away have done, they’ve been bought out by Ashley who now owns them. Every single person who puts money into his pocket have sold out.

Your club isn’t yours anymore, it’s gone, you’re now paying a billionaire to replace something you can’t buy, with something you have to pay for you’ll never ever own, only he will.

When you bought the club Mike, you didn’t by my club NUFC, you bought licences, certificates, trademarks, copyrights, a database of direct debits and ready made, ready paying customer base.

Like Keegan, Like Rafa, you cant by me. You can’t buy what’s not for sale, at any price. You don’t own my club, I do, it belongs to me, my kids, their kids, my city, it’s people. Not you, Sports Direct, the FA, the Premier League, Sky, BT, Amazon, Saudi Arabia, the stock market, the banks, none of yous.

They chose our game, our sport, our clubs, us.

We didn’t chose them, and if you do, you’ve chosen another club, their club.

Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct FC who because he owns some copyrights and trademarks, licences, registrations and leaseholds, is only able to kit out a bunch of blokes with black and white striped shirts to play a football match in our city against another team from another area and call themselves Newcastle United because the badge says so.

And as long as he owns the copyright, trademark and licences to that he can sell that shit.

You only need to look up and around at all the SD’s though and see this is no longer the club it says on the badge and could be Notts County on there for all that it matters or the colours of SD in stripes and not black and white.

I look up to, hero worship and regard two former managers of ours who NUFC meant to them and what it means to the city and people and what it was formed for and for who no differently to me. KK and Rafa wanted everything to do with my club, nothing to do with Ashley’s. That to me says everything and why I feel justified in wanting fuck all to do with it either and even wanting it to crash and burn.

It also says everything that Steve Bruce is now the manager who like the badge says NUFC, his says Geordie, but if a Yorkshireman and a Spaniard can say nah, that’s not my NUFC, any true Geordie or true black and white would too and walk away or say enough is enough.

But hey, would Rafa have brought Carrol back and at least Bruce has us looking to win a few corners.

As for the fat cockney wanker get out of our club, but take my money anyway, well, least we aren’t in debt and gonna do a Leeds anytime soon.

Who’d swap places with them eh?

Hopefully such a swap materialises sooner rather than later for Mike and his decepticons.

I just want Mike Ashley to fail and be proved wrong. While we stay up on the cheap and everyone talks about it like it’s normal, it proves his strategy absolutely correct.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d love it if he went bankrupt, if SD went bust, if his club got to the FA Cup Final and Man City mashed them 6-0.

I’d love it if he was the owner of a mid-table perennial Championship side playing in a half empty stadium.

I’d love for all this people who gave him money to go through all that shit because they don’t deserve better, the old saying you get what you pay for should be that name on the badge.

Have some fucking pride, some self respect, some fucking back bone for your club and city, for yourself even.

Or be Mike’s bitch.

Ah man, one man has turned me against the club, the team, the fans and football itself where there’s not much left to give that’s not pure hatred for it/them all!

Part of me wants to see a massive collapse just to see the Bruce defenders squirm like.

Think it's more likely we'll slowly degrade as the players realise we are on the road to nowhere under Bruce, but do enough to limp over the line to safety.

My friends uncle hooked us up with some VIP tickets so Im flying over to see NUFC live for the first time in my life.

Not really excited as its not at SJP, but ill save that experience for a future time where Ill be emotionally invested in our performances again

First live game 🙌 Can’t see it being a win, but that feels apt. You may as well make it an authentic in the flesh experience! Seriously though, hope you get swept away with the excitement of it all.

I’d love it if he went bankrupt, if SD went bust, if his club got to the FA Cup Final and Man City mashed them 6-0.

I’d love it if he was the owner of a mid-table perennial Championship side playing in a half empty stadium.

I’d love for all this people who gave him money to go through all that shit because they don’t deserve better, the old saying you get what you pay for should be that name on the badge.

Have some fucking pride, some self respect, some fucking back bone for your club and city, for yourself even.

Or be Mike’s bitch.

Ah man, one man has turned me against the club, the team, the fans and football itself where there’s not much left to give that’s not pure hatred for it/them all!

What an absolute pathetic arsehole you are. Do you talk like this in public or just on messageboards? Do you talk like this to your mates? Do you have any?

Guest Howaythetoon

Or be Mike’s bitch.

What an absolute pathetic arsehole you are. Do you talk like this in public or just on messageboards? Do you talk like this to your mates? Do you have any?

Nah, disowned them for taking up Mike’s free tickets.

Agree with HTT here. We have never stayed down from the Premier for more than a year and look what these "takeovers" have led to. We need a good few years out of the Premier League with a lower crowd to really crowbar the fat cunt out of the club, it's something that has not happened so it's seems like a logical option. We'll always get the 'enablers' rocking up to "support" the club if we are in the top league or are challenging for promotion even though its clear as day that club currently exists to turnover money and advertising. The actual football and ambition is bleak and pointless. Let it burn.

Or be Mike’s bitch.

"Pure hatred" for the team and fans? Jesus Christ man!

A little bit curious why some of the ‘hate the club and want us to lose’ lot keep posting on the forums and match threads? Not looking for bites here just generally curious as I know there’s some decent posters that have taken this stance (some absolute whoppers in the match threads as well mind). Think if I was in a position where I was wanting us to lose every game I’d just walk away from it entirely.

If we got to an FA Cup Final and you don't want us to win because of Ashley is a bit ridiculous.

We haven't won anything substantial in my life time, or probably yours, it would be the best sporting moment of your life. If you don't like Mike Ashley, it would still be amazing to watch Lascelles, Schar, ASM and co lift a cup.