Joelinton

Stifler

Guest Howaythetoon

One of them just created a new account on Tuesday 3 March 2020, 02:44:28 PM

I've wished nothing but good health and the best for people on this forum and then BANG, I get called a paedo.

Shame.

Guilty sign

I've wished nothing but good health and the best for people on this forum and then BANG, I get called a paedo.

Shame.

Guilty sign

I'm off onto the Depression and Anxiety thread to have a cry about how this online abuse is really getting me down.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shame.

Guilty sign

I'm off onto the Depression and Anxiety thread to have a cry about how this online abuse is really getting me down.

Nonce

Global pandemic, people dying, football everywhere shut down for the foreseeable future and we're still taking time out of our day to have a pop at Joelinton :lol:

Yeah, think of all that productivity people locked in their homes would otherwise be doing.

Global pandemic, people dying, football everywhere shut down for the foreseeable future and we're still taking time out of our day to have a pop at Joelinton :lol:

Still hasn't scored [in the league] since August. It's unfortunate because I'm sure it was just a matter of time.

The video misses out on the fact that we actually did change our formation and that he's quite s*** as it is, does he really press defenders? i remember the fans were really angry with him during the home game at Palace for failing to press multiple times.

The video says he was playing in a team that pressed and played to clear instructions etc. Not a great deal of point in trying to play a pressing game as an isolated number 9 while everyone else is sitting 50 yards off you.

• 1 month later...

https://mrkt-insights.simplecast.com/episodes/introduction-to-mrkt-insights

Some interesting comments on Joelinton from just after 33mins onwards here. These guys do data and scouting analysis for Swansea City amongst others. I reckon Joelinton might be worth persevering with under a different manager and used in a different system with hopefully a few better players around him.

Some interesting comments on Joelinton from just after 33mins onwards here. These guys do data and scouting analysis for Swansea City amongst others. I reckon Joelinton might be worth persevering with under a different manager and used in a different system with hopefully a few better players around him.

I've said a few times, he's not ready to be a number one striker for a shit side, but would be quite happy to see him coming off the bench with no pressure. He's understudy material, not the finished article.

I've said a few times, he's not ready to be a number one striker for a shit side, but would be quite happy to see him coming off the bench with no pressure. He's understudy material, not the finished article.

Never in a million years will this bloke be a number 9 or centre forward.  Use whatever data you want!

Never in a million years will this bloke be a number 9 or centre forward.  Use whatever data you want!

If you listen to what I posted you would find that they agree - he's never been played as a number 9 or a centre forward and in such a restrictive system before.

Guest Carrick18

Joelinton has been desperately unlucky.

He had a breakout season under one of the most tactically astute managers in Europe. It was a solid season that he needed to build on, and instead he’s had his momentum sapped. I don’t think he’s always put himself in a position to succeed, but it reflects far worse on those who scouted and signed him. He’s nothing like Rondon.

Rondon could hold up the ball until help arrived, that’s not Joelinton. Rondon also couldn’t run in behind, which Joelinton can, but you’d never know it because we don’t play that way. Maybe he leaves and has a great career, ala Tomasson. Maybe he stays and finds his feet, or maybe he bombs out entirely.

The point is he’s symptomatic of shit recruitment and a lack of genuine structure and guidance for new signings, post-Rafa.

• 5 weeks later...