Matty Longstaff (now playing for Toronto FC)

toontownman

One of the only two decent youth players we've had in the last ten years and we can't even give him a 25k per week contract. Ashley in a nutshell.

We have offered him a £25k p/w contract, no? But he wants £30k.

to match what he's been offered abroad right, he's not just being awkward...signing on fee probably better in the italian deal as well with the tiny fee

One of the only two decent youth players we've had in the last ten years and we can't even give him a 25k per week contract. Ashley in a nutshell.

We have offered him a £25k p/w contract, no? But he wants £30k.

to match what he's been offered abroad right, he's not just being awkward...signing on fee probably better in the Italian deal as well with the tiny fee

Not sure. £25k is a decent enough offer for a lad whos only started 6 league games imo, fair play to him if he can get it higher elsewhere though.

I really hope 54 didn't think that was serious :lol:

If I'm honest, I'm slightly tipsy, and forgot the to do the slightest bit of proofing, as for some reason it appeared to me as a notification. So just assumed it was legit.

:lol:

Good luck to Matty but he's making the wrong choice if he moves to Italy now. He'd be 4-5th choice at Udinese too.

Maybe the plan is indeed a quick return to the PL on even higher salary. But it's Watford ffs! How can this be a better proposition in the eyes of the Longstaff family?

Another needless dig from the Pease Pudding.

Absolutely, it just isn’t necessary to hang a kid out to dry like that. Doesn’t matter if he’s demanding 50k pw - just a simple “Nothing to say about Matty’s contract” and that’s it...

Dickhead move from Bruce putting pressure on through the media like that, keep it all in house surely. "Talks still ongoing, nothing to report" would suffice.

I've given Bruce nowhere near the level of stick that others have on here, but he's a fine one to talk about commitment the way he treated Sheffield Wednesday, particularly when he was having a hard time on a personal level.