Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

I've got a mate's birthday drinks to go to today so unfortunately can't make it to any games.

South Shields v Whitley Bay would be my pick, though Heaton Stan v Team Northumbria would be a bit closer.

Morpeth v Colwyn & Newcastle Benfield v Bridlington in the FA Cup 1st QR might be canny as well.

Dulwich Hamlet have a great atmosphere at home

Really? I've always found the place to be a complete vacuum.

Not sure Dulwich Hamlet and Shields followings could be anymore different. From the hip to the 'kip.

I haven't been to hamlet for that reason, not sure it's the authentic non-league day out! Bromley's normal.

Plenty of other games to get to. Tooting & Mitcham are at home as are Beckenham Town. Cray, VCD and Dartford (who have an eco-friendly stadium) all at home if you want to go a bit further out. I'm debating heading to St Albans as Hampton & Richmond Borough are playing there but I'm not sure if I can be arsed, should be a good game though as both teams have started the season well and Sir Les is due to be in attendance.

I'd go to the York game but it's £21.00. For Conference football, that's just a joke. Not a chance I'm paying that. I paid £27 for the Newcastle game last weekend.

£12 at Gateshead, to compare.

I wouldn't mind going to one of their games one time. I would have to combine it with a night out in York though.

I wouldn't recommend it. :lol: But give me a shout if you're ever down, I like literally 20 seconds from the ground.

No bother, no good for nights out?

Just a bit of a pain to come all that way to watch a team who I only keep an eye out on their results and couldn't name a single player of theirs.

Is the new ground going ahead?

Not sure, I think so. It has the planning permission. The rugby club has folded which has jeopardised proceedings to some extent I think.

As for a night out, not drinking or spending atm but lemme know if you're down in the new year. It is a cracking night out

Not sure, I think so. It has the planning permission. The rugby club has folded which has jeopardised proceedings to some extent I think.

As for a night out, not drinking or spending atm but lemme know if you're down in the new year. It is a cracking night out

Aye, to be fair if I come down it won't be this season as I'm about to be drowning with uni work. Certainly will give you a shout though.