Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Wow, the hostility in her towards it, fucking hell. Nobody is ramming it down anyone’s throat either you fucking drama queen. This is the kind of useless, modern day, clueless numpty that turns up to games now. She will be sitting there on her phone throughout and then join in the odd “boo” when she thinks she needs too.

For me, the club can have Ashley as these daft arses deserve him, and there are far too many of them with this dopey blinkered view.

Shove your boycott up your arse???? People are trying their hardest to get this club back, and be able to be proud of it again you daft thick brexit bint.

So basically, she doesn't agree with you so she's stupid, and deserves all the misery the ownership rains upon her? Whilst it always feels better to try and do something, like taking a side street a traffic jam, it's not guaranteed to get you there quicker. Whilst personally I would always prefer to take the chance, to do something, I don't blame the person who chooses to just sit and patiently wait. Also, the state of the traffic is really not the fault of any individual.

There does need to be better responses than the one that replied to her negatively in that thread though, it won't change any minds if every time someone tweets something like that if someone has a go at them.

Needs to be more of an understanding, convincing approach than an aggressive one. Obviously not something TMG can do much about but still.

Endured a few of the replies. 'it's about memories'. :lol:

You enjoy reminiscing with your kid in twenty years time over this season when we beat Spurs at SJP.. Oh.. Or Chelsea?.. Oh.. How about about when we beat Man City.. Oh.. Arsenal? Leicester?.. Brighton?..

Those memories.

That’s it for me, I’d love to take my unborn kids or my nieces and nephews but to bring them in saying ‘this is what it’s all about’ settling for the bare minimum, accepting bully behaviour from powerful people. What is the legacy for them? Maybe that’s idealistic but why should I tell them in good faith to be proud of that?

Social media bile isn’t helping. People should really pay attention to the stuff being released by the groups organising rather than lone wolf comments, that bleeds over sometimes mind. Is there an age divide you reckon? A lot of the ‘ive been going x years and...’ come from an older type and whilst I know plenty who say opposite who are older it seems interesting. I don’t talk to enough local fans enough beyond my dad to gauge reaction. He’s a bit of a militant oddball at heart mind.

Wow, the hostility in her towards it, fucking hell. Nobody is ramming it down anyone’s throat either you fucking drama queen. This is the kind of useless, modern day, clueless numpty that turns up to games now. She will be sitting there on her phone throughout and then join in the odd “boo” when she thinks she needs too.

For me, the club can have Ashley as these daft arses deserve him, and there are far too many of them with this dopey blinkered view.

Shove your boycott up your arse???? People are trying their hardest to get this club back, and be able to be proud of it again you daft thick brexit bint.

So basically, she doesn't agree with you so she's stupid, and deserves all the misery the ownership rains upon her? Whilst it always feels better to try and do something, like taking a side street a traffic jam, it's not guaranteed to get you there quicker. Whilst personally I would always prefer to take the chance, to do something, I don't blame the person who chooses to just sit and patiently wait. Also, the state of the traffic is really not the fault of any individual.

Got it in one. :thup:

Disagree. If this had gone ahead and numbers were sufficiently down that it sparked him into action again then it would have vindicated that method. The die hard support the team ilk will always dig in. Those on the fence who go regularly now told if you’re setting foot in the place you’re not a fan, published by an official member of TMG is not conducive.

People need to debate face to face with each other sensibly. This Watford flyer handout will be key. It needs to be measured, civil. This social media/online partisanship is toxic.

Guest reefatoon

Not a case of not agreeing, people can do what they like, that's fine. It was more the fact that is was all full of hell and fury, when all that has been posted is a plan of action "asking" people to boycott. Nobody is trying to force her and she went off on one as if she has a hand up her back. It was more of a pisstake in the way she was full of fume, so was having the same kind of stupid rant.  The whole thing is ridiculous, and it seems to be a case of people grinding in on both sides and treating each other as the enemy. You can see why TMG were a bit wary of a boycott.  Loved your road analogy too, so deep man. It's all a road to hell.

That article is a sure fire way of creating more people like the brexit bint.

If an article expressing the feelings of a majority of NUFC fans can get attacked so easily with a 'you won't tell me what to do', then they were never going to be on-side anyway.

How about if traffic was moving backwards, in the wrong direction? Would you sit in reverse hoping that one day the world might happen to spin below you and put you back in the right direction? Or stick the car in first and find a different way?

Nope, I'm gonna sit on my hands, maybe one day Mike will buy us Danny Welbeck, #hope

Not a case of not agreeing, people can do what they like, that's fine. It was more the fact that is was all full of hell and fury, when all that has been posted is a plan of action "asking" people to boycott. Nobody is trying to force her and she went off on one as if she has a hand up her back. It was more of a pisstake in the way she was full of fume, so was having the same kind of stupid rant. The whole thing is ridiculous, and it seems to be a case of people grinding in on both sides and treating each other as the enemy. You can see why TMG were a bit wary of a boycott.  Loved your road analogy too, so deep man. It's all a road to hell.

Exactly. Although that daft True Faith article hasn't helped anything.

Guest neesy111

Do fans need to be reminded of the protesting fans had to do pre SJH days and that we may not have had KK and the Entertainers without them?

Guest firetotheworks

People don't like being told what to do and like even less being called out on their actions if they don't think it's wrong.

Yep, I find it comedic that the only thing they'll boycott is the boycott itself, rather than Ashley. The fact that many think that turning up to sit in silence, or boo at half time and moan about misplaced passes is desperately needed support that 'the lads' can't play without is laughable in its self-importance.

Agree with everything in the article personally. If people get offended by it so be it, they wouldn't have boycotted anyway. Fair play to him for saying what needs to be said. It's one fucking game for god's sake.

Though I agree with the article to a point I don't think it has helped those sitting on the fence in 2 minds to boycott or not. People don't want to be told what to do and told they are part of the problem and will now go out of spite. Hopefully these flyers that are given out before the Watford game help to pull people back towards boycotting.

To be honest the main thing that's going to decide how many boycott is how many games we win or lose between now or then.

If we go on a 3 game winning run everything will be rosy again for most supporters and they will turn up.

Agree with everything in the article personally. If people get offended by it so be it, they wouldn't have boycotted anyway. Fair play to him for saying what needs to be said. It's one fucking game for god's sake.

Though I agree with the article to a point I don't think it has helped those sitting on the fence in 2 minds to boycott or not. People don't want to be told what to do and told they are part of the problem and will now go out of spite. Hopefully these flyers that are given out before the Watford game help to pull people back towards boycotting.

To be honest the main thing that's going to decide how many boycott is how many games we win or lose between now or then.

If we go on a 3 game winning run everything will be rosy again for most supporters and they will turn up.

Couldn't give two fucks for that kind of person, personally.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, that mentality is beyond moronic and they wouldn't have been on board anyway. We just have to accept that some people won't do it, move on with the people that will

:thup:

I really do think at times our fanbase is a lost cause tbh and will happily have shit sprayed in their face and they would still turn up.

Guest firetotheworks

Agree with everything in the article personally. If people get offended by it so be it, they wouldn't have boycotted anyway. Fair play to him for saying what needs to be said. It's one f***ing game for god's sake.

The opposite is probably true as well because then they'll say that the lads will need their support. You can't win with some people because winning the argument and persuading them aren't anywhere near the same thing, if you're right but they've been ridiculed then it'll change nothing. That's why while I largely agree with that TF article, it serves absolutely no purpose other than to preach to the choir, divide everyone more, and effectively push those on the fence or who could have been pursuaded towards going. 'You're not wrong Walter, you're just an asshole' as The Dude would say.

Yeah, that mentality is beyond moronic and they wouldn't have been on board anyway. We just have to accept that some people won't do it, move on with the people that will

:thup:

I really do think at times our fanbase is a lost cause tbh and will happily have shit sprayed in their face and they would still turn up.

They'd bring their own tissues too.  The club could turn it into a competition where only one person gets shit on, and they'd all be "Me!Me!Me!"

Half time entertainment "the crap cannon" like t-shirt cannons, "the diarrhoea distributor", water cannons. It'll be like Ibiza, man.