Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Guest Carrick18

If this takeover fails he's off.

Seen enough people say how good he is, and if he wasn't fighting the alamo every week that would be even more obvious.

Seen enough people say how good he is, and if he wasn't fighting the alamo every week that would be even more obvious.

I don’t think it’s the case with Dubravka, but you see plenty of instances where a keeper looks better than he actually is because of how busy they are. It’d be interesting to see what he’s like when he’s had bugger all to do for 70 minutes then has to switch on to make a crucial decision or save.

Guest Carrick18

I don’t think it’s the case with Dubravka, but you see plenty of instances where a keeper looks better than he actually is because of how busy they are. It’d be interesting to see what he’s like when he’s had bugger all to do for 70 minutes then has to switch on to make a crucial decision or save.

Yep, the Scott Carson paradigm.

He went on loan to Charlton and looked a world-beater in a hopeless side. In reality, he was able to pull off great saves because he was constantly busy.

When it comes to MDubs, I think it's telling he looked more steady and assured (and less prone to a mistake) under Rafa than he does now. Stats show he's markedly busier now than he has been before, and I think it has come at a cost.

As for his move, I don't think it's necessarily because he's worthy of a huge club, more that I think like Shay Given he's viewed as a world class keeper and someone sensing a bargain will try to snap him up. Even if it's as a back-up.

• 4 weeks later...

50 league games under Benitez: 121 saves made. (180 shots on target faced in total [3.6 per game])

36 league games under Bruce: 134 saves made. (189 shots on target faced in total [5.25 per game])

Simple stats that show so much.

Agreed.

He's better under Bruce.

50 league games under Benitez: 121 saves made. (180 shots on target faced in total [3.6 per game])

36 league games under Bruce: 134 saves made. (189 shots on target faced in total [5.25 per game])

Simple stats that show so much.

I hope samptime is reading this, he loves his stats.  Doing an ok job though Bruce is.  :D

Just in case anyone was somehow thinking we were leaking more chances at one end because of the improvement at the other end....

This season

Goals 37

Goals per match 1.03

Shots 384

Shots on target 130

Shooting accuracy % 34%

Last season

Goals 42

Goals per match 1.11

Shots 446

Shots on target 142

Shooting accuracy % 32%