U23s & Academy

Skirge

Inman looks head and shoulders above everyone else, Newcastle getting some decent possession now - another corner, Ranger blocks a goalbound Tavernier effort. Good strike.

Adeji not up to much so far

I've heard this lad is supposed to be canny....?

Inman looks head and shoulders above everyone else, Newcastle getting some decent possession now - another corner, Ranger blocks a goalbound Tavernier effort. Good strike.

Adeji not up to much so far

And you know this how?

I would assume he's at the game. Blackberrys are wonderfull things.

There is a symbol if you are using a mobile or similar. Or at least I thought there was ???

I thought that was only when you started a thread.

I would assume he's at the game. Blackberrys are wonderfull things.

There is a symbol if you are using a mobile or similar. Or at least I thought there was ???

The IP is from Orange, so he'll be there. I imagine the symbol only appears when you post from certain mobile browsers.

I remember when the reserve team was the main vehicle to bring medium / long term injured players back to full fitness. Players wouldn't even be considered for first team action til they'd put a solid 90 minutes in for the reserves. It seems now you're - injured - back in full training - playing (- invariably out injured again soon after, sometimes!)

How come squad players aren't regularly dropped to get 90 minutes under their belt? 

I remember when the reserve team was the main vehicle to bring medium / long term injured players back to full fitness. Players wouldn't even be considered for first team action til they'd put a solid 90 minutes in for the reserves. It seems now you're - injured - back in full training - playing (- invariably out injured again soon after, sometimes!)

How come squad players aren't regularly dropped to get 90 minutes under their belt? 

Good shout, I've wondered this for ages too.

Seems our first team squad think they're too good for it, if you ask me.

Still happens at most other clubs.

It happens sometimes, I think Owen played one reserve team game a few years ago, Alan Smith has played 3 this season.

Emre, Barton and Enrique all played in the reserves after coming back from injury last season.

Tommy Craig quit over this issue.

Roeder wanted to use the reserves to get players fit, Craig wanted to blood youngsters.

Since then, I think the club have developed its strategy such that reserves are part of the youth system, meaning the manager has less jurisdiction over using the reserves to benefit the first team.

Guest The Libertine

players are too important these days as they're worth so much. there are too many shit kickers in reserve football to risk a £100k a week returning star striker getting injured again.

Roeder wanted to use the reserves to get players fit, Craig wanted to blood youngsters.

Since then, I think the club have developed its strategy such that reserves are part of the youth system, meaning the manager has less jurisdiction over using the reserves to benefit the first team.

Source?

Source?

You can't seriously expect me to find something three or four years old.

It was common knowledge though.

Source?

You can't seriously expect me to find something three or four years old.

It was common knowledge though.

I didn't ask you to find something I asked you what your source of information was.

It wasn't that common.

Thought that Adjei kid was a forward too?

LW

He played mainly as the RF when we played 433 & RW when we played 442 & 4411

Only watched half of the first half but Adjei (sp?) didn't seem to be up to much, nothing terrible but maybe today just wasn't his day. As I said earlier though, Inman was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch while I was there, looked very comfortable. Donaldson was decent as well, has a good touch and seems to read the game pretty well - might explain why he's been dropped from a striking role into a midfield role (always thought he was a striker before this season).

Finally, as hypothesised by other posters, I was posting from my HTC Tytyn II O0