The Title Race

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Firmino, Mané, Keita, Robertson, TAA, VVD, Gomez? Salah was until he started diving.

Firminho has the most despicable face in the league. Fuck him.

:rolleyes:

You have a despicable username, guess that's reason to hate you as well on that logic?

Firmino, Mané, Keita, Robertson, TAA, VVD, Gomez? Salah was until he started diving.

So with Mane, if you can forgive the fact that he leaves the boot in every single game, and is a snidey dirty wanker, I get that he's a great player.

Firmino and Keita though? Really?

Guest firetotheworks

Sound logic.

I like him, he's everything you'd love to see in a forward for your own team and he also reminds me of Rufio.

Sound logic.

I like him, he's everything you'd love to see in a forward for your own team and he also reminds me of Rufio.

I don't dislike him, I just don't like him. Maybe I do actually have a Liverpool bias.

Guest firetotheworks

So with Mane, if you can forgive the fact that he leaves the boot in every single game, and is a snidey dirty wanker, I get that he's a great player.

Mane's a snidey, dirty wanker? :lol: Nonsense, that.

Keita seems likeable and yeah, Firmino's great, I'm not exactly sure what there is to dislike about him, aside from his supposedly 'despicable face' obviously. :lol:

Keita seems likeable and yeah, Firmino's great, I'm not exactly sure what there is to dislike about him, aside from his supposedly 'despicable face' obviously. :lol:

Every game I watch Mane goes in on the defender after the ball is gone. He's also a diving bastard.

As I just said, I don't dislike or like Firmino. I guess people have different opinions or something.

Guest firetotheworks

Every game I watch Mane goes in on the defender after the ball is gone. He's also a diving bastard.

As I just said, I don't dislike or like Firmino. I guess people have different opinions or something.

Fair enough. :thup: I haven't really thought of Mane as leaving his foot in or anything, I just think it's part of Klopp's really aggressive press that they have to go in like that rather than it being malicious. I've seen a couple of interviews with him and he seems sound as well.

Imagine how much we'd love Firmino though, he never stops running which everyone loves, but with quality as well (albeit he hasn't been as great this season) 

Guest firetotheworks

Firmino, Son, and Sterling are basically the first names on my team sheet as far as likeable players go.

Guest neesy111

There’s a ‘type’ of Liverpool fan I can’t stand so hope Man City see it through.

Mike[/member]

:lol: Fifteen fucking years ago. For like a month.

You know the rules Mike.

:rolleyes:

You have a despicable username, guess that's reason to hate you as well on that logic?

Yeah mate. For sure.

Trent, Mane, Robertson are all likeable no doubt. But Firminho and Salah, nah.

There’s a ‘type’ of Liverpool fan I can’t stand so hope Man City see it through.

Mike[/member]

:lol: Fifteen fucking years ago. For like a month.

You know the rules Mike.

:lol: I do.

Guest firetotheworks

Okay. Fair enough.

Just a reminder that Kaizero used to hate Messi as well. :lol:

I fucking hate Messi.

Fair enough. :thup: I haven't really thought of Mane as leaving his foot in or anything, I just think it's part of Klopp's really aggressive press that they have to go in like that rather than it being malicious. I've seen a couple of interviews with him and he seems sound as well...

Are you saying that because it's a cynical, calculated and premeditated policy across the board that it's less malicious? :lol:

Just being a dick. Back to the bigger picture, looking at spending over a few years rather than one or two is most useful because we're talking about four or five teams who have an advantage in any given year that increases constantly. That means that there's plenty of room for error - if Liverpool or Man City fuck up a managerial appointment they can just pay him off and start again. If Man U or Chelsea spend a fortune on a player that doesn't work out they can just spend a fortune on another to replace them. We - and that us and you and most right-thinking football fans - are competing with teams that have incomes that completely dwarf ours year in and year out, regardless of what happens on the pitch, and that means we can't afford to hire the top-of-the-line managers or players, yet also can't afford to make mistakes.

Can’t really fault Liverpool’s spending. They have the most expensive keeper and defender in the world as they earned it fairly, including selling their best players to Barcelona and spending wisely. Citeh buy a £50m defender, if he doesn’t cut it in 3 months they’ll buy another 2 without a second thought.

I mean, I get it. It's not like Liverpool have had the sort of comedy windfall that City or Chelsea got. Yet they finished below us four times in the last four seasons, and still had more than 400M more than us to play with - their income was more than 100M more than ours per season. There is no "fair", and there never really was. I can't fault anyone's spending (let's leave Ashley out of this for now), but I can't pretend that any of this shit is miraculous. You can only put 14 or so people out there every week, and if your 14 or so cost so much more than everybody else - and we've not even touched on salaries - then all you're going to do is rearrange the deckchairs every year.

Manchester City £429m

Manchester United £343m

Chelsea £325m

Liverpool £316m

Arsenal 248m

Tottenham £161m

Newcastle United £38m

I'm bored of my own post now. All I wanted to say was that I hate Liverpool because of decades of gloryhunting more than I hate Man City because of a few years of gloryhunting.