Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Aye proper rattled by your chronic patter :lol:

There was no more perfect moniker for your blatant glory hunting and pretending to know things. Amazing scenes. 100% still applies as well.

Neymar <3

You don't have to pretend to like someone unlikable just because he happens to share your nationality.

:lol: Cry me a river Kaiz. Neymar was the man today. I don’t need to pretend shit.

Neymar <3

You don't have to pretend to like someone unlikable just because he happens to share your nationality.

:lol: Cry me a river Kaiz. Neymar was the man today. I don’t need to pretend shit.

You can like Brazil. You can't like Neymar. You can dislike a player in your own team yet still want the team to win, it's allowed.

I fucking hate Messi. However, I am fully aware my reasons are illogical and that they're not a real reason for anyone to dislike him - contrary to all the real reasons to dislike Neymar.

Delighted and relieved to see Belgium win. After missing all those chances in the first half I had a feeling that Japan might punish them, but to wake up and do such a comeback was remarkable.

Brazil v Belgium could be tasty.

Delighted and relieved to see Belgium win.

y tho

Just an unpopular personal preference to see big teams reach the big matches. The occasional underdog win is fine but the line-up is getting a bit weak.

y tho

Just an unpopular personal preference to see big teams reach the big matches. The occasional underdog win is fine but the line-up is getting a bit weak.

Japan have played more entertaining football throughout the tournament though. From a pure spectator point, they'd be nicer. And since when are Belgium really a big team on the International stage? One semi (1986) and one QF (2014 - having not been at the two WCs prior). Japan, whilst not having reached a QF, have gotten out of the group stages on 3 of 6 occasions and have been at every WC since 1988. Belgium have been at more WCs (12), and made it out of the groups 5 times.

Arguably, these two sides are on somewhat equal footing when going through their WC history. Belgium have great players this generation, but in no way would I class them as a "big" International team.

Their history is comparable but, right now, Belgium have a great set of players who I'd like to see reach their international potential. Maybe not 'big' in terms of the global game, but a heavily-fancied team.

y tho

Japan have played more entertaining football throughout the tournament though. From a pure spectator point, they'd be nicer. And since when are Belgium really a big team on the International stage? One semi (1986) and one QF (2014 - having not been at the two WCs prior). Japan, whilst not having reached a QF, have gotten out of the group stages on 3 of 6 occasions and have been at every WC since 1988. Belgium have been at more WCs (12), and made it out of the groups 5 times.

Arguably, these two sides are on somewhat equal footing when going through their WC history. Belgium have great players this generation, but in no way would I class them as a "big" International team.

Shush Kaiz. Japan sucks, howay Belgium.

Off to buy a case of Belgian beer.

Whilst I get where you're coming from, surely the team spirit and positive football played by Japan throughout the tournament would be more interesting to see advance? I'd fancy Japan much more against Brazil than I do Belgium. I think Brazil will waltz over them, whereas - on paper - they should have destroyed Japan as well, but they've been so unpredictable and have proven they can play good fotball. I think being more of an unknown quantity in that regard would work better against Brazil than a "normal" talented European side. (Not "normal" in the sense that they're an average side, but more like it's a type of team Brazil are used to facing in the later stages of tournaments).

Whilst I get where you're coming from, surely the team spirit and positive football played by Japan throughout the tournament would be more interesting to see advance? I'd fancy Japan much more against Brazil than I do Belgium. I think Brazil will waltz over them, whereas - on paper - they should have destroyed Japan as well, but they've been so unpredictable and have proven they can play good fotball. I think being more of an unknown quantity in that regard would work better against Brazil than a "normal" talented European side. (Not "normal" in the sense that they're an average side, but more like it's a type of team Brazil are used to facing in the later stages of tournaments).

Stop trying to make this rational. Japan could be the best, most beautiful team in the world and I’d still want them to lose every match 5-0.

Last two World Cups have seen Brazil progress by beating non-European sides, then being eliminated by Holland and Germany. And they slipped up vs Switzerland this time, so if anything it's the European sides that are Brazil's weakness. Not that a whole continent can be generalised, of course.