Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea

samptime29

Brilliant that.

Rock solid, well organised and in no danger and then go and win it in injury time.

You are talking absolute rubbish!

We were never rock solid mind.

Everything in front of us, never got in behind, cleared everything that came in the box, we were never ever in any danger.

Brilliant that.

Rock solid, well organised and in no danger and then go and win it in injury time.

We were never rock solid mind.

Everything in front of us, never got in behind, cleared everything that came in the box, we were never ever in any danger.

You are talking absolute nonsense!

almost like Ashley has now stayed long enough to see out a generation of football fans so that all that’s left is those that think that what we put out week by week is acceptable because it’s all they know.

I cant comment on what this forum used to be like, but I think this bit is right. I'm fully expecting Ashley to sell Almiron and ASM in the summer, thereby putting us back where we started and failing to build or move forward.

almost like Ashley has now stayed long enough to see out a generation of football fans so that all that’s left is those that think that what we put out week by week is acceptable because it’s all they know.

I cant comment on what this forum used to be like, but I think this bit is right. I'm fully expecting Ashley to sell Almiron and ASM in the summer, thereby putting us back where we started and failing to build or move forward.

Erm, maybe i should have put this in another thread, not match thread sorry.

Absolutely awful game to watch.  Bruceball will kill football and put SkySports out of business.  I can't believe that the players get any pleasure (apart from win bonuses) from playing this utter crap, on the ropes for 90 minutes football.

I've been trying hard to give up watching our games and that fat repulsive git Bruce and these performances are helping me immensely

Absolutely awful game to watch.  Bruceball will kill football and put SkySports out of business.  I can't believe that the players get any pleasure (apart from win bonuses) from playing this utter crap, on the ropes for 90 minutes football.

I've been trying hard to give up watching our games and that fat repulsive git Bruce and these performances are helping me immensely

tbf to Bruce hes just trying to carry on with what worked for Rafa with possibly a harder squad to work with (ie Joelinton instead of Rondon)

You do realise this is Rafas exact tactics?

Haven’t even dropped to the low of Bruce ball yet

This is a bastardisation of Rafa tactics, Rafa's teams were more coherent and more fluid going forward with purpose and aim. This is the same dogged defence but with the caveat of a Brucie lump it to the big guy and see what comes off or slide it sideways to the quick guy and hope he pulls off some majik.

When Bruce finally gets his claws in this side the soopafans will be calling for his head. This false league position has really divided support, much as Pardew did but after even more years of crap being fed at the table of Ashley it's the most divided we've been.

Guest Howaythetoon

This is a bastardisation of Rafa tactics, Rafa's teams were more coherent and more fluid going forward with purpose and aim. This is the same dogged defence but with the caveat of a Brucie lump it to the big guy and see what comes off or slide it sideways to the quick guy and hope he pulls off some majik.

When Bruce finally gets his claws in this side the soopafans will be calling for his head. This false league position has really divided support, much as Pardew did but after even more years of crap being fed at the table of Ashley it's the most divided we've been.

Spot on, the same numpties crowing over this all will be the first to boo and the likes of the cretins writing pro Bruce/anti Rafa shit in the media will also be the first to stick the boot in. They all have the cub they deserve.

tbf to Bruce hes just trying to carry on with what worked for Rafa with possibly a harder squad to work with (ie Joelinton instead of Rondon)

Well that's the problem, he's using Rafa's system because he doesn't really have one of his own. Not even his pals in the press can put their finger on what type of manager he is other than he's a reet good blerk. Let's face it, what manager worth his salt would be happy to have his players bought for him by Ashley appointed scouts?

Spot on, the same numpties crowing over this all will be the first to boo and the likes of the cretins writing pro Bruce/anti Rafa shit in the media will also be the first to stick the boot in. They all have the cub they deserve.

Don’t think there’s that much difference between this way of playing and rafas personally- just joelinton is worse at holding the ball up than rondon. There were some awful games with Rafa and hardly played attacking at all. There was progression though. You could see he had a plan and the players were drilled well. With Bruce we’re just using the same tactics but arnt improving. Will come a point everything will drop off and we will plummet. Anyone advocating Bruce doesn’t know football. He is a fraud and doesn’t have any history to back up any of the shit he talks

Don’t think there’s that much difference between this way of playing and rafas personally- just joelinton is worse at holding the ball up than rondon. There were some awful games with Rafa and hardly played attacking at all. There was progression though. You could see he had a plan and the players were drilled well. With Bruce we’re just using the same tactics but arnt improving. Will come a point everything will drop off and we will plummet. Anyone advocating Bruce doesn’t know football. He is a fraud and doesn’t have any history to back up any of the shit he talks

We saw some horrific football under Rafa, no doubt about that but once we had Almiron we were a different side, I don't think you are giving that second half a season the justice it deserves, we had some exciting spells and, although still cautious, definitely opened up more. I haven't seen anything of the like under Bruce, this whole season has been a shit-fest with the exception of 2 games, one of which was against league 1 powerhouses Rochdale.

Anyway, it's besides the point, Rafa was building something, Brice can't see past the next game 👍🏻