Newcastle United 0-0 Burnley - 29/02/20 - post match from p7

Disco

Has anybody commented on Burnley yet? I can’t remember a team constantly hoofing the ball as far forward as they could then they did, and that includes Stoke and Wimbledon. Even when they played the ball across the back they generally ended up just booting it forward.

We’re stinking the league out but they need to go. I felt sorry for the ball after the first 15 minutes, it was getting howked all over the place.

New system of 442 worked decent to say that was the first game reverting to it.

Positives: Miggy was the best player by a mile. Everytime he got it to feet, he turned and just ran at them and this put us on the front foot.

Ritchie grafted well and was unlucky not to score but I felt sometimes he was too narrow and needed to help Manquillo more when we had possession. Was quite funny when he knocked someone flying in the second half.

Shelvey was always looking to push forward and was unlucky with the pass to Gayle in the first half which he miscontrolled.

Gayle I felt was decent also to say that was his first full 90mins for a while.

Negatives:

Joelinton linked up the played well but not sure what he offered down the left wing

Manquillo's decision making in the final third was poor also, few times Gayle made a great run in the box and he either cut it back or didn't deliver the ball.

Surprised Bruce didnt make changes earlier to bring ASM on and also the fact that Gayle looked tired towards the end and should have been brought off also.

Overall point closer to safety I guess.

Thanks, great summary :thup:

Here come the regens and Brucey bots

The most I can say is it wouldn't have felt like a "fluke" if we had won it. I think its clear bruce isn't clever enough to make 541 work. Something more simple like 4411 or 4231 is better for his tiny little brain. Almiron is a good 10 and letting him roam where he wants will make us better. Its going to be shit either way, so I'd rather see that shape again than a return to 541

Has anybody commented on Burnley yet? I can’t remember a team constantly hoofing the ball as far forward as they could then they did, and that includes Stoke and Wimbledon. Even when they played the ball across the back they generally ended up just booting it forward.

We’re stinking the league out but they need to go. I felt sorry for the ball after the first 15 minutes, it was getting howked all over the place.

They don't pretend to be anything else. If Bruce openly said he is a long ball merchant, then I could respect him more.

New system of 442 worked decent to say that was the first game reverting to it.

Positives: Miggy was the best player by a mile. Everytime he got it to feet, he turned and just ran at them and this put us on the front foot.

Ritchie grafted well and was unlucky not to score but I felt sometimes he was too narrow and needed to help Manquillo more when we had possession. Was quite funny when he knocked someone flying in the second half.

Shelvey was always looking to push forward and was unlucky with the pass to Gayle in the first half which he miscontrolled.

Gayle I felt was decent also to say that was his first full 90mins for a while.

Negatives:

Joelinton linked up the played well but not sure what he offered down the left wing

Manquillo's decision making in the final third was poor also, few times Gayle made a great run in the box and he either cut it back or didn't deliver the ball.

Surprised Bruce didnt make changes earlier to bring ASM on and also the fact that Gayle looked tired towards the end and should have been brought off also.

Overall point closer to safety I guess.

Thanks, great summary :thup:

Here come the regens and Brucey bots

Just discussing and giving my opinion about my club Newcastle, on a Newcastle forum. You continue what you’re doing. 👍👍

Eh? At the time I thought Souness would do ok but soon learned that not to be the case. Bruce wouldn't have been my first choice either but we are stuck with him. I don't get the relevance like. Almiron is still shite. He can win free kicks which is good.

Crystal Palace have a wide player valued at £80mil. Joe is young and will improve. Almiron won't.

Get your homework done, son. School tomorrow.

Long time since he was at school. He’s an old timer.

They don't pretend to be anything else. If Bruce openly said he is a long ball merchant, then I could respect him more.

Took it to a new level yesterday, it was like watching Rugby Union sides exchanging kicks to see who could gain the most ground interspersed with a bit head tennis. Nick Pope took the wrong club out of bag at one point in the first half and booted the ball about 50 yards forward and 15 rows back into the Milburn Paddock.

Guest reefatoon

Deciding to torture myself and watch the 5 minutes of lowlights of this mess of a game. why the fuck did Gayle come out at kick off with his baby for fuck sake? What an absolute balloon knot.

Deciding to torture myself and watch the 5 minutes of lowlights of this mess of a game. why the fuck did Gayle come out at kick off with his baby for fuck sake? What an absolute balloon knot.

one of the mascots