Newcastle United 0-0 Burnley - 29/02/20 - post match from p7

Disco

Guest chopey

Two awful teams ran by dinosaurs stinking up the league, I'd honestly rather watch Leeds v West Brom than this shit

New system of 442 worked decent to say that was the first game reverting to it.

Positives: Miggy was the best player by a mile. Everytime he got it to feet, he turned and just ran at them and this put us on the front foot.

Ritchie grafted well and was unlucky not to score but I felt sometimes he was too narrow and needed to help Manquillo more when we had possession. Was quite funny when he knocked someone flying in the second half.

Shelvey was always looking to push forward and was unlucky with the pass to Gayle in the first half which he miscontrolled.

Gayle I felt was decent also to say that was his first full 90mins for a while.

Negatives:

Joelinton linked up the played well but not sure what he offered down the left wing

Manquillo's decision making in the final third was poor also, few times Gayle made a great run in the box and he either cut it back or didn't deliver the ball.

Surprised Bruce didnt make changes earlier to bring ASM on and also the fact that Gayle looked tired towards the end and should have been brought off also.

Overall point closer to safety I guess.

Thanks, great summary :thup:

I thought Almiron was an absolute pile. A headless chicken with the ball. So frustrating. A Rafa buy.

Shelvey and Gayle can get us going again.

Anyone know a good app for NUFC for the firestick? I had to watch via android phone.

I thought Almiron was an absolute pile. A headless chicken with the ball. So frustrating. A Rafa buy.

Anyone know a good app for NUFC for the firestick? I had to watch via android phone.

Rightee, Alex.

Or Luke, could be him too.

Almiron was motm imo. Looked a cut above any other player on the field for either team. Later in the game he was trying to do too much maybe, but what can we expect when nobody gives him the options to release the ball in a threatening position.

Shelvey was canny, Gayle was meh. Would still play him next game though.

Thought Gayle and Shelvey both had decent games tbf.  Shelvey was at least trying to attack and Gayle showed some decent touches and movement.

We were still fucking dogshit, like, but at least they were trying.

Thought Gayle and Shelvey both had decent games tbf.  Shelvey was at least trying to attack and Gayle showed some decent touches and movement.

We were still fucking dogshit, like, but at least they were trying.

Thank his touch was his downfall tbh. A few times he was in a good position and took a shite first touch and couldn't recover. He done some decent things too though, namely making runs for Shelvey to hit.

What did he do that impressed exactly? From what I saw and is what is the norm dfor him is failed passing and weak shooting. MOM wasn't difficult for yesterday they were all poor.

Movement, willingness to try and get on the end of things, attacking the box, you know, striker stuff.  We haven't seen it for a while so i'll forgive you for not recognising it :lol:

great take and run from miggy with a prefect pass to gayle who couldnt take the chance.

he was the only one getting at them and putting them on the back foot. didnt take his chance to score well but he was head and shoulders above everyone else. needs better players around him. cant do it all on his own, which at times he looks like he is trying to do.

Guest neesy111

A headless chicken can do that and would be cheaper. He works hard I agree but his passing and shooting is turd.

What a whopper.

How on earth people say that Joelinton did well?  He cost £40 million to score goals. Can't do that so we'll accommodate him out wide. If you wanted a decent wide player then £43 million would nearly have got you Leroy Sane and not some second rate donkey

Eh? At the time I thought Souness would do ok but soon learned that not to be the case. Bruce wouldn't have been my first choice either but we are stuck with him. I don't get the relevance like. Almiron is still shite. He can win free kicks which is good.

Crystal Palace have a wide player valued at £80mil. Joe is young and will improve. Almiron won't.

Eh? At the time I thought Souness would do ok but soon learned that not to be the case. Bruce wouldn't have been my first choice either but we are stuck with him. I don't get the relevance like. Almiron is still shite. He can win free kicks which is good.

Crystal Palace have a wide player valued at £80mil. Joe is young and will improve. Almiron won't.

Get your homework done, son. School tomorrow.