Newcastle United 0-0 Burnley - 29/02/20 - post match from p7

Disco

Guest neesy111

I was in town after the match and everyone just looked miserable as fuck, whinging, don't see what they are getting out of this at all

Getting out to see friends for the afternoon.

Can just imagine thousands of them trudging out of the ground after the Liverpool game; relegated, and totally ignorant to the fact that they're massively responsible for the state of things.

just imagine next season tho when we win loads of games and we push for promotion ...................it will be mint.

These people that turn up to the games and boo the team off at full time.. Why do they keep repeating the process and turn up for the next home fixture.. free ticket or not..

They get what they deserve..

It's like they turn up and expect us not to be shit. I'm fairly sure that repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a diffent outcome, is the definition of insanity.

These people that turn up to the games and boo the team off at full time.. Why do they keep repeating the process and turn up for the next home fixture.. free ticket or not..

They get what they deserve..

It's like they turn up and expect us not to be shit. I'm fairly sure that repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a diffent outcome, is the definition of insanity.

Or superstition.

Officially the lowest scoring team now, by the by, since Palace and Norwich both scored this round. Only Norwich and Villa with a worse goal difference too (Southampton have lost games 9-0, 4-0 and 4-1 this season but still have a better GD). That in addition to all those XG stats and what have you. It's absolutely staggering that we've won eight times.

Officially the lowest scoring team now, by the by, since Palace and Norwich both scored this round. Only Norwich and Villa with a worst goal difference too. That in addition to all those XG stats and what have you. It's absolutely staggering that we've won eight times.

You probably saw but Douglas said the stats are almost there as we had an xG (which the presspack have belittled all season) win today.

Shearer sticking it to the recruitment like his mate's got nothing to do with it; it's pretty sad to listen to. It's harsh on Almiron, too, who he's obviously bundling into these repeated criticisms about the "£80m." The lad was part of a front three that scored 21 in 13 at the back end of last season; he didn't contribute to the figures themselves, and he's clearly not clinical, but he offers plenty more in pace and creativity, and was a critical reason for that form. ASM is quite obviously extremely talented, too. Joelinton is the only one who is playing at about one tenth his price tag (not that his fee was his fault).

It just seems very unfair to level it entirely at the forwards in the way he is. Or at least, if you're gonna blame the recruitment, mention the recruitment in the dugout too.

Shearer sticking it to the recruitment like his mate's got nothing to do with it; it's pretty sad to listen to. It's harsh on Almiron, too, who he's obviously bundling into these repeated criticisms about the "£80m." The lad was part of a front three that scored 21 in 13 at the back end of last season; he didn't contribute to the figures themselves, and he's clearly not clinical, but he offers plenty more in pace and creativity, and was a critical reason for that form. ASM is quite obviously extremely talented, too. Joelinton is the only one who is playing at about one tenth his price tag (not that his fee was his fault).

It just seems very unfair to level it entirely at the forwards in the way he is. Or at least, if you're gonna blame the recruitment, mention the recruitment in the dugout too.

It's strange like, always seemed to me that Shearer wasn't the biggest fan of Rafa, if there was any praise it always seemed kind of muted. If Big Al's not a fan of the recruitment team, maybe he should be telling his mate to call them out publicly like Rafa did. Of course, then he would risk losing his job, but he's only got it because he's not really qualified for it in the first place. Much like the recruitment team.

Shearer is a proper basic pundit though, if you win you're great, if you lose you're shit. Same with players I'd imagine which is why he's so harsh on the attackers. If they score they're great, if they don't they're shit and nothing else comes into it

New system of 442 worked decent to say that was the first game reverting to it.

Positives: Miggy was the best player by a mile. Everytime he got it to feet, he turned and just ran at them and this put us on the front foot.

Ritchie grafted well and was unlucky not to score but I felt sometimes he was too narrow and needed to help Manquillo more when we had possession. Was quite funny when he knocked someone flying in the second half.

Shelvey was always looking to push forward and was unlucky with the pass to Gayle in the first half which he miscontrolled.

Gayle I felt was decent also to say that was his first full 90mins for a while.

Negatives:

Joelinton linked up the played well but not sure what he offered down the left wing

Manquillo's decision making in the final third was poor also, few times Gayle made a great run in the box and he either cut it back or didn't deliver the ball.

Surprised Bruce didnt make changes earlier to bring ASM on and also the fact that Gayle looked tired towards the end and should have been brought off also.

Overall point closer to safety I guess.