Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

• 2 months later...

That Next Goal Wins Documentary is on Sky on Demand at the mo, well worth a watch.

Spotted that yesterday, will definitely check it out. :thup:

That Next Goal Wins Documentary is on Sky on Demand at the mo, well worth a watch.

Spotted that yesterday, will definitely check it out. :thup:

Just watched it. Very good. :lol: Jaiyah, man. Put in some decent tackles, like, I never knew fa'afafine was a thing. You live and learn.

• 1 month later...

Football Mavericks on ITV 4 now. Or ITV player. Worth it alone for some class Glenn Hoddle footage.

Saw that advertised, seems it's the 2nd of the series.  Will definitely catch up, as shit as ITV are they aren't bad at these football documentaries lately.

Glenn Hoddle might have some wonky views when it comes to disability and reincarnation, but he was class as a player and he should still be coaching.

Best player I've seen live. Never seen anyone come close to him in the passing stakes. He used to do 60 yard Hollywood passes but his would invariably hit the target.

Next Goal Wins. Absolutely brilliant stuff. :lol: I'd recommend anyone that hasn't seen it already to just watch it. Immensely uplifting and probably represents the antithesis of NUFC, despite our similar losing streak.

Glenn Hoddle might have some wonky views when it comes to disability and reincarnation, but he was class as a player and he should still be coaching.

Best player I've seen live. Never seen anyone come close to him in the passing stakes. He used to do 60 yard Hollywood passes but his would invariably hit the target.

One of my first real 'heroes'. Just made the game look so simple and easy to play.

They're a dying breed because wankers like Pulis, Allardyce and Pardew are more bothered about players working back. It's all about scraping enough points to stay up. 40 points then ease off, place on the gravy train secured.

Again, too much money in the game means that pure flair players aren't worth the effort. Just look at Ben Arfa.

That's really fucking annoyed me from Le Tissier, considering he's now one of the 'he could play for a big club' tossers on Soccer Saturday that wants to funnel all the promising players to the same top two or three clubs the minute they play well for a couple of months.

Can only remember him being seriously linked with Chelsea once, maybe Spurs as well.  Eventually became apparent he just didn't want to move.

Fantastic player to watch like, was glad to see some (not all) of his goals again.

Can only remember him being seriously linked with Chelsea once, maybe Spurs as well.  Eventually became apparent he just didn't want to move.

Fantastic player to watch like, was glad to see some (not all) of his goals again.

I've a feeling that SKY only allowed them to show a certain amount of Premier League goals - arseholes!

Think my favourite character of these mavericks has to be Frank McAvennie like.

I crease every time they show him crack that "here's my taxi" gag. :lol: I loved Frank McAvennie when I was a kid, my favourite snooker player at the the time was Kirk Stevens, dunno what that says about me? Apart from them showing the same clips over and over Football Mavericks has been class.

Ooh I watched Class of '92 last night for the first time. Pretty good too. :)