Football Leaks

David Edgar

Can you imagine the price of TV ? and then if you paid a fortune for a boring 0-0 and enough people complained the rules would change to make matches more marketable, football is fucked man, my son is 14 and can barely go 2 mins watching a game without checking his phone, he also knows a million ways to watch for nowt............................................goodbye football it was nice knowing you.

No point in the Premier League if the best six have ditched it. What would winning it even mean? And if you won ten in a row, you couldn't even break into the Super League? It's all pointless.

It would mean being the best in England like it currently does.  If some of the other teams want to become European teams, they are welcome to it.  I'd rather be part of a domestic league that was about football than a European league that was all about money.

Yup. I think people would get over it pretty quickly tbh. At least, fans of the clubs that don't join Europe.

I still don't fully understand how it would be viable in the long run, though. The same European teams competing over and over will get boring, surely? How much of a travelling contingent will you realistically get week in, week out, which would affect atmosphere? It's all well and good relying on the TV money it produces but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see clubs running back to their domestic leagues in less than a decade. Unfortunately, you know the arseholes in the FA would welcome them back with open arms.

It would be properly s*** if your club did it.  £100 tickets, crowds that were 90% tourists and not being able to do away games.  A bit like following a plastic glory team like Barca or Real Madrid.

Aye. The plans might be in place but it'll not go ahead like. Mainly because it's a really really shit short-sighted idea that even Fifa aren't stupid enough to endorse.

I can't stand man utd or their fans but there is no way that their core support would tolerate that without a massive fucking boot off. That said, they'll have a ready made lower league team to watch instead by then anyway.

Can't see many German teams going through with it either given that fans can effectively control their decision making.

Shame like, I'd really like the idea of a competitive English league without the"super six" and all the hype that comes with it.

No point in the Premier League if the best six have ditched it. What would winning it even mean? And if you won ten in a row, you couldn't even break into the Super League? It's all pointless.

It would mean being the best in England like it currently does.  If some of the other teams want to become European teams, they are welcome to it.  I'd rather be part of a domestic league that was about football than a European league that was all about money.

Yup. I think people would get over it pretty quickly tbh. At least, fans of the clubs that don't join Europe.

I still don't fully understand how it would be viable in the long run, though. The same European teams competing over and over will get boring, surely? How much of a travelling contingent will you realistically get week in, week out, which would affect atmosphere? It's all well and good relying on the TV money it produces but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see clubs running back to their domestic leagues in less than a decade. Unfortunately, you know the arseholes in the FA would welcome them back with open arms.

It would be properly s*** if your club did it.  £100 tickets, crowds that were 90% tourists and not being able to do away games.  A bit like following a plastic glory team like Barca or Real Madrid.

Aye. The plans might be in place but it'll not go ahead like. Mainly because it's a really really s*** short-sighted idea that even Fifa aren't stupid enough to endorse.

I can't stand man utd or their fans but there is no way that their core support would tolerate that without a massive f***ing boot off. That said, they'll have a ready made lower league team to watch instead by then anyway.

Can't see many German teams going through with it either given that fans can effectively control their decision making.

Shame like, I'd really like the idea of a competitive English league without the"super six" and all the hype that comes with it.

It would be fucking class if the Premier League formed a breakaway league of just the top six with no relegation or promotion.  Then those plastic pricks could wank each other off to death and drown in money while the rest of the country can have a functioning league without enduring Sky's endless hype or paying £20 for a pie and a pint.

I don't ever see it happening, the concept is fundamentally flawed and goes against what all these clubs want, i.e. to be the best. If they all go off together and play each other every week, and now your club is finishing 8th every year, suddenly you're not a super club any more and you've become a European version of Southampton.

Yup. Widespread corruption should definitely be the small print and the top story this fucking super league. Don't give a shit if that's hypocritical with it being the main conversation in here; we're not the press. :lol:

Kty3K0h.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

The whole idea of a break away super league is nothing more than a tool the elite clubs use to extort favouritism and bigger slices of the pie from the FA, Premier League and UEFA who need those clubs because they are big ticket products broadcasters and advertisers pay big bucks for and they in tern use to promote products and services or sell subscriptions too. Sky would struggle if they lost the rights to the PL.

Football is eating iitself from within on the inside out, however, and really it needs rebooted all of it.

Take the Premier League, there are right now only 3 clubs who want to win the league. Man City because the owners and money they have put into the club demand nothing but the best because that’s the only way the brand works. Liverpool because they haven’t won it for so long it’s becoming a noose around their necks. Then there is Chelsea who for me in Abramovic have an owner better than most because it’s about trophies and he put in so much of his own money to make that happen because if he didn’t, it would never have happened. Today they don’t relie on him so much anymore.

The rest... they would like to win the league, but it’s not the goal and doesn’t make any real difference to the bottom end. Arsenal exist to finish in the top 4, Spurs likewise. Man Utd don’t need to win the title, they’ve been there and done that and while fans will piss and moan if they don’t, and others will go and support City or Liverpool, there is a conveyer belt who won’t piss and moan and will pay top dollar to replace any that stop going or jump ship. Again the bottom line won’t suffer. A Pogba here or Sanchez there is enough to kid fans and carry on the pretence. The Glazers have stolen Man Utd, bought using a loan they have interest rate the fuck out of fans to pay back.

The rest exist just to stay in the division because going down would mean owners and shareholders would have to put in their own money to cover costs and they can’t be doing that. Fuck no, not after the money they’ve put in. Money which in reality they haven’t, not to the levels they would have you believe.

They may have used their own money to buy a club or a stake in it, but guess what, that’s not the same as using your money to cover costs year on year or buying players. NUFC owes Mike Ashley not a penny over what he paid to purchase the club and has no debt. I don’t look at my car and say you owe me money. Mike Ashley is not a bank, he’s not a loan. We didn’t lend his money.

UEFA should take away all Europe League places and give them to other countries because any club that qualifies for it doesn’t want to be in it and when they are they don’t take it seriously. Arsenal got to the final and Man Utd won it recently, but not by choice or design.

The League and FA Cup is pointless too, no Premier League club wants to be in it or takes it serious, the elite clubs win it more often than not by default.

I’ve been reading a great book called the Round Game, it’s a great book and has opened my eyes somewhat and shattered any romantic notion I had that the game was once the beautiful game. It’s always been corrupt and compromised by money, business, egos, politics, greed, power and shady characters and had it not, it wouldn’t have taken off and would be akin to a game of rounders today.

The difference now from then though is the sums of money, the motive of owners and the power shifts that have always existed but to and from, there and back. The power has shifted so far though it belongs mainly to a cabal of agents, sovereign states and corporations who own the game lock stock and who decides the outcome.

There is no competition, this isn’t a sport. There is no equality or fair play. 90 minutes doesn’t matter anymore except to us the fans who stupidly turn up in hope that today our team will give us glory and be the best while we are being pick pocketed and robbed, our clubs stolen from us. Blinded by love.

We are all complicit though because we turn a blind eye to it all. If the game were a drug dealer, we are the smack heads addicts. It’s all poison :lol:

I don't ever see it happening, the concept is fundamentally flawed and goes against what all these clubs want, i.e. to be the best. If they all go off together and play each other every week, and now your club is finishing 8th every year, suddenly you're not a super club any more and you've become a European version of Southampton.

yep, so long as the Champions League continues to pay them big it won't happen. Not unless UEFA/FIFA do something really stupid to make them say fuck it we're out and doing our own thing without you and forget taking players for internationals.

Especially have a hard time seeing any of the English clubs being that enthusiastic about it since is it really going to pay more than the premier league tv deal combined with champions league money already does?

Spiegel has a load more stuff up about it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/football-documents-show-secret-plans-for-elite-league-of-top-clubs-a-1236447.html

In a way i'd love to see them piss off so the PL can become more competitive and get away from the ridiculous money driven hype machine it's become but i'd also feel for the genuine fans of the teams that are joining.  They're the ones that are getting screwed over the most.

If they do it then i'd hope our FA would take a hard line and refuse to let them rejoin our league system at the top when the novelty has worn off.  Make them start from right at the bottom like any other club has to.

The 11 'founder' teams would be guaranteed a place for 20 years too.  5 'guest' teams scrapping over the relegation spot :lol:

yep, so long as the Champions League continues to pay them big it won't happen. Not unless UEFA/FIFA do something really stupid to make them say fuck it we're out and doing our own thing without you and forget taking players for internationals.

Especially have a hard time seeing any of the English clubs being that enthusiastic about it since is it really going to pay more than the premier league tv deal combined with champions league money already does?

They can make about ten times more just treading water in the super league than if they win the CL. There’s not enough money available to genuinely compete with what a super league can do for the clubs financially unless UEFA stop paying the «smaller» clubs in the CL their share of the money. Even then, the TV rights for a super league will dwarf the money paid for the CL rights.

They kind of already are.  Some 'tradition clause' now guarantees Bayern an extra 30m CL revenue before a ball has even been kicked.  The other big clubs will undoubtedly be getting about the same.

The solution found with UEFA will be beneficial primarily to the top clubs. Thanks to the new regulations, they will receive more money than ever before. The tradition clause alone, which allots greater revenues to those clubs that have found success in the last 10 years in the Champions League and Europa League, will generate over 30 million euros for FC Bayern starting with the 2018/19 Champions League season -- money that is guaranteed even before the club had even played its first game.

:thup: The novelty would wear off within a season imo. Would love it if teams' respective FAs told them to get fucked if/when they came crawling back.

They won’t. In fact you can bet that they’ll allow them in the domestic cups still, and possibly even allow them to have a B team in the league.

They kind of already are.  Some 'tradition clause' now guarantees Bayern an extra 30m CL revenue before a ball has even been kicked.  The other big clubs will undoubtedly be getting about the same.

The solution found with UEFA will be beneficial primarily to the top clubs. Thanks to the new regulations, they will receive more money than ever before. The tradition clause alone, which allots greater revenues to those clubs that have found success in the last 10 years in the Champions League and Europa League, will generate over 30 million euros for FC Bayern starting with the 2018/19 Champions League season -- money that is guaranteed even before the club had even played its first game.

A pittance compared to what they can make in a closed shop super league. People are vastly underestimating the money these clubs can earn by fucking off. Now, hopefully it’ll all burn to the ground if they do, but there’s very little UEFA can do to stop it if the clubs make the decision purely from a money perspective and not history/sporting perspectives.

Yup. Widespread corruption should definitely be the small print and the top story this f***ing super league. Don't give a s*** if that's hypocritical with it being the main conversation in here; we're not the press. :lol:

Kty3K0h.jpg

Would almost have liked this to happen just to see how pissed off Spurs would have been :lol:

Spiegel has a load more stuff up about it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/football-documents-show-secret-plans-for-elite-league-of-top-clubs-a-1236447.html

In a way i'd love to see them piss off so the PL can become more competitive and get away from the ridiculous money driven hype machine it's become but i'd also feel for the genuine fans of the teams that are joining.  They're the ones that are getting screwed over the most.

If they do it then i'd hope our FA would take a hard line and refuse to let them rejoin our league system at the top when the novelty has worn off.  Make them start from right at the bottom like any other club has to.

The 11 'founder' teams would be guaranteed a place for 20 years too.  5 'guest' teams scrapping over the relegation spot :lol:

Relegation to what though? Its not like they can be relegated to their National League  :lol:

A pittance compared to what they can make in a closed shop super league. People are vastly underestimating the money these clubs can earn by fucking off. Now, hopefully it’ll all burn to the ground if they do, but there’s very little UEFA can do to stop it if the clubs make the decision purely from a money perspective and not history/sporting perspectives.

What's this based on though?  The idea that they could earn so much more in a super league as to make the hundreds of millions clubs earn from the Premier and Champions League every year seem like a pittance.

What's this based on exactly? the idea that they could earn so much more in a super league.

Would you not be surprised at a massive TV package that dwarfs the current PL package? Not to mention the price hikes to tickets etc that enough people would probably still be stupid enough to pay.

I still think it would implode within a few years when the novelty wears off but I think it'd make complete financial sense in their eyes at the initial stages.

I'd be very surprised yes, the Premier League already dwarfs every other Football competition in the world for TV money and even thats been slowed down a bit with the newest packages.  Not to mention people do actually support other teams in the Premier league outside of the top few.  Those fans aren't going to pay subscription fees only to watch a super league that has no involvement with them.  So significant money will still need to be paid for Premier League rights.  There's only so much cash you can gauge out of people.

I think clubs from some of the other leagues going into a super league will see big improvements in TV money, but for instance Man United?  No I don't see there TV money shooting up to a point where it would make the cash they get now look like a pittance, not even close.