Matty Longstaff (now playing for Toronto FC)

toontownman

Right decision not to play him as long as he won't sign the deal.

Over the years, we've all heard players say in interviews that they signed for [insert club] because the manager really made them feel wanted.

Dropping him from the squad isn't going to make Matty feel like that.

Right decision not to play him as long as he won't sign the deal. Understand the frustration on his part as well.

Be interesting to see where he ends up. He needs regular football and we can't offer that atm.

He's shown more than his brother and Bentaleb this season, he should have played a lot more

Right decision not to play him as long as he won't sign the deal. Understand the frustration on his part as well.

Be interesting to see where he ends up. He needs regular football and we can't offer that atm.

That is a disgraceful attitude, even if it's widely held.

He's currently contracted - that should mean he's available for selection, not whether or not he might play in the future.

I suggested in the pre-match thread that he's been frozen out so badly that it makes me wonder if there's an appearance based clause in his contract. But when our own fans are saying "Bruce is right to not play him because he won't be pressured into signing a new contract"... fuck me!

Absolute bollocks.

Guest Butcher

That's completely different to it being the right decision though.

Fair enough :thup: but if I were the owner or manager I wouldn't play him unless he committed himself to the club.

That being said it's a lose-lose situation for both the club and the player and it should never have come to this.

That's completely different to it being the right decision though.

Fair enough :thup: but if I were the owner or manager I wouldn't play him unless he committed himself to the club.

You do that to a player with influence in the squad and you're well on the way to losing the dressing room.

You can't manage a squad in a black and white way like that.

He must have already signed for someone else as none of this makes any sense.  He hasn't played or put in a good performance for a while. I can only imagine Sean is on a lot of money and he wanted parity but if I wanted one of the 2 it would be Matty over the long term.