NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Bielsa

Great shout. I am fascinated by the bloke, have to admit. Seems to have the sort of obsessive and fanatical personality which would make him a legend here. But think he has probably found his calling at Leeds tbh.

Guest reefatoon

I’d lose all respect for Rafa if he came to work for the evil dictators. He would be no better than the evil regime ruling over him yada yada yada.

Outside of Klopp and Pep, Poch's Spurs played the most attractive football in the premier league, Leicester are emerging with good football, and a while back Napoli were immense under Sarri, but his Chelsea side were rather dull.

I'm inclined to say Poch, but Rafa is also obviously a fan favourite and a wonderful bloke.

I think it'd take Pochettino a little longer than Rafa or Allegri to get us the way he wants to play and regularly winning games due to how we've been playing for the last 3 years.

I hear and understand you, but Poch has managed in the premier a long time, his Southampton days right the way through adapting to the premier and learning English, I remember the days of him stood with a translator in his interviews.

I'm sure he would be fine adjusting (But you're saying would the players), I dont want to contradict what i said in a different thread though, claiming we need a manager that takes no shit. That I would question, has Poch got a strong hand on player power?

He's obviously going to need to be able to get a few new faces and be given time 👍🏻

You never know. Rafa might have a Newcastle release clause in his contract? If things have been ticking along as they have it may have always been in the back of his mind that he would return at some point?

Just made that comment to my daughter! The Staveley link is key.

Rafa's earnt the opportunity. No other manager on that list would have even looked at us at the time Rafa took over.

Kind of feel we owe it to him, plus I cant see any other manager connecting with the club in the same way he did.

Love the man. Finally deserves a job he's fully backed in.

Rafa's earnt the opportunity. No other manager on that list would have even looked at us at the time Rafa took over.

Kind of feel we owe it to him, plus I cant see any other manager connecting with the club in the same way he did.

Love the man. Finally deserves a job he's fully backed in.

This!

Not Pochettino. He's a miserable b****** and miserable b******s have always failed up here. Dalglish, Souness, Gullit.

All of our most successful managers have been absolute charmers.

Absolutely! Has to be someone with charisma or a supreme being like Rafa.

Given his links with stavely I cant see past the spanish waiter. I am sure he has been in the loop the whole time. China is a nice stop gap for a ton of money. I think he could have waited for a premier league job which tells me he would still relish the return if not that he is holding out in hope of one.

Loved the Ten Cate shout whoever done that. The way Ajax played last season was a joy to watch (Like Bayern Munich this year but I doubt we'd be able to tempt their staff) . Are there any others like that out there. My euro knowledge of football has gone to shit over the  last 5 years or so.

I went Poch but ive such a soft spot for Rafa, either for me .

Rafa deserves a shot at this but it seems a dream him coming back.I just know these mean business and will want a good PR job to get going then see where we go.

Poch would be a great coup for the new regime mind.

Outside of Klopp and Pep, Poch's Spurs played the most attractive football in the premier league, Leicester are emerging with good football, and a while back Napoli were immense under Sarri, but his Chelsea side were rather dull.

I'm inclined to say Poch, but Rafa is also obviously a fan favourite and a wonderful bloke.

I think it'd take Pochettino a little longer than Rafa or Allegri to get us the way he wants to play and regularly winning games due to how we've been playing for the last 3 years.

I hear and understand you, but Poch has managed in the premier a long time, his Southampton days right the way through adapting to the premier and learning English, I remember the days of him stood with a translator in his interviews.

I'm sure he would be fine adjusting (But you're saying would the players), I dont want to contradict what i said in a different thread though, claiming we need a manager that takes no shit. That I would question, has Poch got a strong hand on player power?

He's obviously going to need to be able to get a few new faces and be given time

Very true and fair points. :thup: Just think Allegri or Rafa would be more suited to win trophies and get us up in the top 8 quicker.

Got to be Rafa. Anyone else would just be passing through for the payday. As others have mentioned too, it's still going to be a long-term project just to get us up to speed with the rest of the league in terms of facilities etc.

Rafa knows the place, gets the place, has a connection with the fans and asked to make it happen for him to come here. He knows what improvements are needed with the infrastructure and he already had a plan.

There can be nobody better equipped to take us to the next level. If this takeover does happen it'll take some time to get us up to speed and for top players (and managers for that matter) to actually want to be here. Is Rafa actually confirmed as being back in China, someone who should know better told me he was in Liverpool.

Rafa knows the place, gets the place, has a connection with the fans and asked to make it happen for him to come here. He knows what improvements are needed with the infrastructure and he already had a plan.

There can be nobody better equipped to take us to the next level. If this takeover does happen it'll take some time to get us up to speed and for top players (and managers for that matter) to actually want to be here. Is Rafa actually confirmed as being back in China, someone who should know better told me he was in Liverpool.

He’s been nowhere near China in months. I can’t seem him returning after the virus outbreak.