Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Against certain teams he can look like a world beater and his pace is a real asset at times. The main issue is that when he dribbles he's looking at the ground and misses easy passes to play someone through

Against certain teams he can look like a world beater and his pace is a real asset at times. The main issue is that when he dribbles he's looking at the ground and misses easy passes to play someone through

Like the kid at school labelled greedy but really just didn’t see anyone around him as he ran like a blindfolded forest gump. He’s mid career, that isn’t going away, like I said in the mtd, he plays football like a child.

So were turning against Almiron now eh?

Hes playing for a manager who doesnt do tactics and trying to setup a striker who cant score.

Im sorry but  :lol:

i know. he's a level above a lot of others and there are bigger problems with our team than Miggy. Ridiculous.

I am a big fan of Almiron and have been since first seeing him in MLS, but he is never going to be a particularly productive player in terms of goals and assists. I cannot think of a player that could manage to be at this level of the game with his general lack of technical precision or physical strength. The boy works incredibly hard, carries the ball well up the pitch, has good (not great; another aspect that holds him back) pace, and continually threatens and opens up defense with his progressive and consistent movement. The team needs to take advantage of what he does have and accept the deficiencies. In my opinion, he is a quality complementary player, but his inadequacies are accentuated in a side with a striker that is allergic to scoring goals and very little interest in attacking or controlling the play in the opponent's half.

I am a big fan of Almiron and have been since first seeing him in MLS, but he is never going to be a particularly productive player in terms of goals and assists. I cannot think of a player that could manage to be at this level of the game with his general lack of technical precision or physical strength. The boy works incredibly hard, carries the ball well up the pitch, has good (not great; another aspect that holds him back) pace, and continually threatens and opens up defense with his progressive and consistent movement. The team needs to take advantage of what he does have and accept the deficiencies. In my opinion, he is a quality complementary player, but his inadequacies are accentuated in a side with a striker that is allergic to scoring goals and very little interest in attacking or controlling the play in the opponent's half.

What?

The Miggy running and not passing this is baffling. There has been 1 case of where it’s happened, and that was in the last game with Ritchie. Generally Miggy plays a pass, fucking hell anyone see the pass he made for Joelinton when he should have scored against Sheffield United in the first half?

Generally though he has no one ahead of him to play a pass too, so yes, he’s left running at goal.

In the case of Ritchie in the last game, yes he should probably have passed, but you could also argue that in Miggy’s mind, Ritchie neither has the pace or the end product to have made that pass worthwhile.

At Atlanta, Miggy played really well with Martinez because Martinez would overlap him and provide him with an outlet. He also played many passes to other players who also were able to run ahead of him and provide him with an outlet. It’s the reason why he had a very good assist count there.