Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I refuse to believe that the lad who transformed the way we played last season, forming one third of one of the most interesting and balanced attacks I've seen at Newcastle in years, is anything less than an unpolished diamond. I've not seen much this season and I understand his role has changed more recently into something that suits him better, but plenty of what I saw had him in a defensive role, spending as much time as a wing-back as an attacker. The Oxford and West Brom away games are the only ones I've seen since that Leicester destruction on New Years Day, so I'm not a reliable witness; but I've still seen plenty from last season, and moments in this, to suggest the guy's got talent.

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, I've absolutely zero faith in him having the managerial acumen to hone the abilities of raw talents like Miggy. What tuition has he got these days compared to what he had under Rafa? It doesn't even compare.

That's fair enough.

:lol: Glad I passed the Bruce criticism check. Only minutes after providing a sample, too. Hhwhat a service.

I refuse to believe that the lad who transformed the way we played last season, forming one third of one of the most interesting and balanced attacks I've seen at Newcastle in years, is anything less than an unpolished diamond. I've not seen much this season and I understand his role has changed more recently into something that suits him better, but plenty of what I saw had him in a defensive role, spending as much time as a wing-back as an attacker. The Oxford and West Brom away games are the only ones I've seen since that Leicester destruction on New Years Day, so I'm not a reliable witness; but I've still seen plenty from last season, and moments in this, to suggest the guy's got talent.

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, I've absolutely zero faith in him having the managerial acumen to hone the abilities of raw talents like Miggy. What tuition has he got these days compared to what he had under Rafa? It doesn't even compare.

That's fair enough.

:lol: Glad I passed the Bruce criticism check. Only minutes after providing a sample, too. Hhwhat a service.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There must be another alert other than 'xg', 'fat cunt', 'shite managerial record' and 'useless prick'.

Wonder what pinged?

That's fair enough.

There must be another alert other than 'xg', 'fat cunt', 'shite managerial record' and 'useless prick'.

Wonder what pinged?

:lol: Maybe Yorkie's well-reasoned intro is the winner for the Bruce thread. Start every post with it. Maybe something along the lines of;

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, he's a useless fat cunt and I can't wait to see him back in the Champo.

See if it sets anything off.

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

I'm just agreeing with his point.

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

:lol: Maybe Yorkie's well-reasoned intro is the winner for the Bruce thread. Start every post with it. Maybe something along the lines of;

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, he's a useless fat cunt and I can't wait to see him back in the Champo.

:lol: Brilliant.

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

Rafa clearly had Almiron on fire end of last season. He got better tactical instructions/details under Rafa than he does under Bruce.

Snidey comments when I defend Bruce. Snidey comments when I'm critical of Bruce. What a strange little group.

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

Rafa clearly had Almiron on fire end of last season. He got better tactical instructions/details under Rafa than he does under Bruce.

Snidey comments when I defend Bruce. Snidey comments when I'm critical of Bruce. What a strange little group.

I guess it didn't work.

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

Alreet 'Come Dine with Me' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone seems to be getting angry again......

The thing with Rafa and Miggy, which I've said a hundred times so it's probably quite boring now; is that Rafa identified a precisely Almiron-shaped hole in the team and filled it with the perfect component. Schar was clearly another example of that, Rondon too.

Very specific signings made in the image of a manager with a tangible footballing vision in mind. Which is precisely what you don't get with the likes of Pardew and Bruce: A, because they don't have the skill to construct a vision that's going to be effective when put into practise, and B, because - even if they did have the talent - they'd far rather accept their Joelinton-shaped lot and muddle through with whatever they're given, without any actual say in the strategy (despite what they might tell you about not being yes men, whilst reminding fans about how grateful they should be).

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

I'll put you on ignore, you put me on ignore. For the best.

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

Enjoy the mutual ignore. I hope it makes you very happy. Dear lord what a sad little life, Minhosa. I hope now you will spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump trunk without any tyres on. Take your ignore and get off my N-O.

1535458351-screen-shot-2018-08-28-at-131217.jpg?crop=0.564xw:1.00xh;0.436xw,0&resize=768:*

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

Enjoy the mutual ignore. I hope it makes you very happy. Dear lord what a sad little life, Minhosa. I hope now you will spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump trunk without any tyres on. Take your ignore and get off my N-O.

1535458351-screen-shot-2018-08-28-at-131217.jpg?crop=0.564xw:1.00xh;0.436xw,0&resize=768:*

:lol: :lol:

That's fair enough.

Wonder what pinged?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant.

+ Rafa signing, broke our record and signalled a change in transfer policy (for my why he gets an easy ride on here. See HBA 'Hope')

+ Very fast

+ High workrate

+ Seem likeable

+ Smiles a lot

+ Decent technical ability

+ Good outlet for counterattack tactics

- Doesn't have a fixed position in any formation we play (for me why he struggles)

- No creativity for an attacking mid

- No composure in front of goal

- Terrible decision making

- Lashes out, needlessly dirty

- Dives far too much

- No strength, falls over a lot

- Can't cross

I don't know what the answer is for him. Of course i want him to succeed, he's a likeable chap and the type of player we should be signing, but its been a nothing signing at best, at worst a waste of money. The fact this thread fell to the 3rd page shows how much of a passenger he is. ASM has become the new poster boy and dominated him on the pitch as well

I do agree with Yorkie's post, maybe there is hope under new management, surrounded with new players, but right now I'd have a 2nd striker on the pitch in Gayle/Carroll/Muto as i think we'd get more out of the replacement in terms of goals and creativity whilst relieving some pressure of Joelinton.

- Doesn't have a fixed position in any formation we play (for me why he struggles)

- Dives far too much

- Can't cross

i think he's much better in a team that have better all round movement personally, you can see little glimpses when him and ASM are running at defences and moving around each other with support from the flanks etc.

i mean sounds obvious anyways but in a better system with more movement i think a lot of the above go away/become mitigated and less noticeable

- Dives far too much

- Can't cross

i think he's much better in a team that have better all round movement personally, you can see little glimpses when him and ASM are running at defences and moving around each other with support from the flanks etc.

i mean sounds obvious anyways but in a better system with more movement i think a lot of the above go away/become mitigated and less noticeable

The only two players we have with any sort of skill to move the ball up the pitch. We are immobile when either of ASM or Miggy are off the pitch, more so ASM.

I love him to bits because of how he transformed us last season and his huge grin while doing so. It's taken him a while to score but pre COVID it looked like he'd started to pick up a bit in goals and assists. Not setting the league on fire but starting to pick up in those departments. He runs his bollocks off every game but I think his main issue is he doesn't look up when he's running with the ball and that hinders his ability to finish or to just make the right decision.

I refuse to judge any attacker based upon how they've done under Steve Bruce and the way we've been playing for the vast majority of the season. Mainly him and Joelinton. It would be difficult for anyone. ASM is different because he's top class and will only get better but the 5-4-1 we'd been playing was bollocks in games against shit teams. No wonder we've had so many 0-0s at home.

- Dives far too much

- Can't cross

The only two players we have with any sort of skill to move the ball up the pitch. We are immobile when either of ASM or Miggy are off the pitch, more so ASM.

exactly, it still astounds me that after however many years it's been we've not been able to either sign a CM capable of box2box football and getting ahead of the ball running from deep, nor a manager capable of executing it :lol:

Personally would prefer Obertan. At least Obertan was shite but didnt have the cheek to smile.

That is genuinely one of the worst posts in forum history

Fuck sake man James. Its laced with sarcasm. It would have helped in the context of the previous page.