Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If i was an prospective buyer, i'd be more concerned with takeovers being made public knowledge affecting the team so risking relegation than any protests.

Although considering it's likely bullshit anyway i expect they are leaking it to the press themselves.

For some reason this morning I decided, instead of working on my dissertation, to watch the first half an hour of Ashley's recent grilling by MPs. For years we've talked about what a prick he is, based almost entirely on our experiences of him as a football owner... but watching him publicly shout and ball and squirm and gesticulate really makes it a reality. He really is a deeply unpleasant person and one of those that, regardless of all the NUFC and Sports Direct stuff, you just wouldn't want to spend five minutes in the company of. Massively defensive, massively argumentative, just a rancid ball of hot air.

Incidentally, having watched that, it couldn't be more obivous now that the Sky News feature that followed (including the section with the pre-rehearsed purring about selling the club) was clearly set up in his favour. Ten minutes of questions which simply played into his hands and stroked his ego. "HMMMM." Urgh.

For some reason this morning I decided, instead of working on my dissertation, to watch the first half an hour of Ashley's recent grilling by MPs. For years we've talked about what a prick he is, based almost entirely on our experiences of him as a football owner... but watching him publicly shout and ball and squirm and gesticulate really makes it a reality. He really is a deeply unpleasant person and one of those that, regardless of all the NUFC and Sports Direct stuff, you just wouldn't want to spend five minutes in the company of. Massively defensive, massively argumentative, just a rancid ball of hot air.

Incidentally, having watched that, it couldn't be more obivous now that the Sky News feature that followed (including the section with the pre-rehearsed purring about selling the club) was clearly set up in his favour. Ten minutes of questions which simply played into his hands and stroked his ego. "HMMMM." Urgh.

I wouldn't need 5 mins.

It's quite funny how he got it all to go away by inventing a fake takeover rumour, almost to the day that the same thing happened last year, proper laughable. Get it in your calendars for next December.

I'm surprised the British Empire didn't use this tactic, might've stopped Gandhi kicking off. "We're leaving anyway, see? We're just about to leave. No need to protest." Us Indians would've piped down like NUFC fans. #WaitForIndependence

Guest firetotheworks

It's quite funny how he got it all to go away by inventing a fake takeover rumour, almost to the day that the same thing happened last year, proper laughable. Get it in your calendars for next December.

The issue I have is with the making legitimacy of the bids the be all and end all. This year, just like last year the intention of the other party is there, but that doesn't change the fact that they're dealing with Mike Ashley who'll move the goalposts to prevent a sale after he's used the situation to stop protests.

The issue I have is with the making legitimacy of the bids the be all and end all. This year, just like last year the intention of the other party is there, but that doesn't change the fact that they're dealing with Mike Ashley who'll move the goalposts to prevent a sale after he's used the situation to stop protests.

:thup: Move the goalposts while making sure the right "I tried" soundbites find their way to the media.