Jetro Willems (now playing for Heracles)

Newcastle Fan

Presumably we will wait until he is over his injury before deciding to sign him permanently. Obviously hes incapable of passing a medical for 6 months or whatever.

Everything else should be in place. They would be mad not to sign him. They wont get better value for a left back.

I’d extend his loan until the end of next season with his optional transfer clause being made compulsory after 20-30 more league games. That sounds win win win to me.

Not sure that's a win win for Frankfurt mind...

Despite everything going on with the owner and questions over the manger it’s really nice to see a player that actually visibly wants to play for us and thrive doing so. It’d be a real disappointment if we didn’t sign him permanently.

The club don't deserve that much commitment from any players imo.  I like willems, the injuries a massive shame, but he's better off away from here, like every other player.  Hopefully he fully recovers and has a great career elsewhere.

I’d extend his loan until the end of next season with his optional transfer clause being made compulsory after 20-30 more league games. That sounds win win win to me.

It guarantees them £7.5m if he returns at a similar level and stays fit. If he doesn’t we are paying his wage for a year.

The alternative is that he goes back to Frankfurt and his value will depreciate as it will be hard to take a risk on him with that injury.

It guarantees them £7.5m if he returns at a similar level and stays fit. If he doesn’t we are paying his wage for a year.

The alternative is that he goes back to Frankfurt and his value will depreciate as it will be hard to take a risk on him with that injury.

If he doesn't come back the same player (and fingers crossed he does) though, and he doesn't meet the required number of games, they are then left with a player who's value has dropped significantly.

If i'm Frankfurt, i'm pushing for the deal to carried through on the price agreed, now or in the summer. Try and get us to take the risk on his fitness.

• 2 weeks later...
Asked if the club would move for Willems in the summer, head coach Bruce said: “Jetro, we have to make sure he has had the op, and the rehabilitation is good. He impressed us all. He found it difficult to start with, but turned into a really good player for us. We’ll have a look at it.”

On 29-year-old Rose, Bruce said: “If he does well, we’ll have an opportunity to make it permanent.”

• 2 weeks later...
Jetro Willems has confirmed he wants to stay at Newcastle after his loan spell from Eintracht Frankfurt was cut short by injury.

In quotes carried by the Daily Star, the wing-back said: “Newcastle means a lot to me. I always had a feeling before I came that it was going to be a great year. Everything about Newcastle felt right – the club, the fans, the competition just suited me. I liked playing for Steve Bruce. I like him.

“He's more of a coach who speaks a lot with the players. He gives them a role in team and everyone knows what they need to be doing. He gave me a lot of freedom so it suits me how Steve manages. He was great for me.”

And there it is again.  "He gave me lots of freedom."

The man simply doesn't do modern tactical football.  Players love it, but ultimately the team suffers.

Works for someone like Willems individually, because he's a clever player and knows how to play his role.

Doesn't for Yedlin on the other side for example, who is anything but.

Jetro Willems has confirmed he wants to stay at Newcastle after his loan spell from Eintracht Frankfurt was cut short by injury.

In quotes carried by the Daily Star, the wing-back said: “Newcastle means a lot to me. I always had a feeling before I came that it was going to be a great year. Everything about Newcastle felt right – the club, the fans, the competition just suited me. I liked playing for Steve Bruce. I like him.

“He's more of a coach who speaks a lot with the players. He gives them a role in team and everyone knows what they need to be doing. He gave me a lot of freedom so it suits me how Steve manages. He was great for me.”

Aye he gave him plenty of freedom when he came on as a sub in his first game. Didn't even tell him what position to play.

Guest neesy111

Bruce is the exact opposite of Rafa, which is why as much I was against Mitro ever playing he would be ideal in this side under this cunt.