Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Well I now know how I'd feel immediately after if it does happen.

Despite thinking it's best for him to go rather than him staying with ashley, that moment of fuckin devastation was an eye-opener :lol:

Guest godzilla

Wonder what the reason was for him travelling all the way up for a couple of hours and then never seen since. I would have presumed it was to meet Charnley, bu by all acounts he did for only 20 minutes.

Wonder what the reason was for him travelling all the way up for a couple of hours and then never seen since. I would have presumed it was to meet Charnley, bu by all acounts he did for only 20 minutes.

It is a bit weird to travel all that way for 20 mins. Surely if it was just to speak to Charnley though why didn’t they just do it by phone/ email? Some guy on twitter (yeah, I know) said that he’d seen him put some stuff in his car.

Guest godzilla

It is a bit weird to travel all that way for 20 mins. Surely if it was just to speak to Charnley though why didn’t they just do it by phone/ email? Some guy on twitter (yeah, I know) said that he’d seen him put some stuff in his car.

You're right he would and the fact he has never been back is even more curious. Long way to go for just a couple of hours.

Am I the only one that wasn't surprised by the possibility that Rafa had left ?

Nope. That’s why we all shat ourselves when we saw it. We knew it was totally possible.

The takeover is truly our only hope then.

Does nobody find it even slightly strange that as Rafa was refusing to sign the contract, a few days later this takeover gossip suddenly appears?

I know lots will say its a conspiracy. Ashley has been trying his best to sell us for the best part of 10 years. Nobody has matched his value or if they did they didn't have the cash. Come on man  :lol:

Look at the bigger picture. Ashley has known about this 'takeover' since before April 17th (proof of funds supposedly sent), probably long before then, so why bother pretending to try to sign Rafa up?

Does nobody find it even slightly strange that as Rafa was refusing to sign the contract, a few days later this takeover gossip suddenly appears?

I know lots will say its a conspiracy. Ashley has been trying his best to sell us for the best part of 10 years. Nobody has matched his value or if they did they didn't have the cash. Come on man  :lol:

Look at the bigger picture. Ashley has known about this 'takeover' since before April 17th (proof of funds supposedly sent), probably long before then, so why bother pretending to try to sign Rafa up?

Surely at this stage we can discount Mike Ashley PR conspiracies? It seems like the only question here is whether the takeover goes through or not. I'd be far more inclined to believe this was a publicity stunt from BZG. There are far more signs pointing to this than there is it being an Ashley cuntcoction.

It would make less sense for him to not offer Rafa anything, proof of funds or not.

Guest covmag

It's this total news blackout on everything that is now pissing me off.

I want to get radgee about it but for what.

Yet I find myself at boiling point not knowing ffs.

Wish I didn't give a fuck

Surely at this stage we can discount Mike Ashley PR conspiracies? It seems like the only question here is whether the takeover goes through or not. I'd be far more inclined to believe this was a publicity stunt from BZG. There are far more signs pointing to this than there is it being an Ashley cuntcoction.

It would make less sense for him to not offer Rafa anything, proof of funds or not.

If this is the case, then you'd think Ashley would have come out and said so - unless it's nice and convenient for him to have these stories floating around?

Anyway, for all we know the buyers may be for real, but Ashley leaked the interest to the press when he did. We don't really know anything concrete in regards to this wholly predictable affair this mooted takeover has become.

If this is the case, then you'd think Ashley would have come out and said so - unless it's nice and convenient for him to have these stories floating around?

Anyway, for all we know the buyers may be for real, but Ashley leaked the interest to the press when he did. We don't really know anything concrete in regards to this wholly predictable affair this mooted takeover has become.

If it becomes apparent that that's the case, I imagine he will, much like he did with Stavely and Kenyon. For what it's worth I don't believe it is a publicity stunt but of all the conspiracies that are out there, this ones the most plausible.

The only consistency under Ashley's tenure has been that he does not give a single fuck about the fans; leaked stories to undermine detractors, yes. An orchestrated fake takeover including direct statements  from the supposed buyer and many sources citing progress to some degrees so that he can mug Rafa off; I very much doubt it.

My take was that the leak came from BZG and the follow up statements would back that view up. At a guess, I'd say it was to ward off other buyers by giving off the impression they're far further along than they actually are.

It's this total news blackout on everything that is now pissing me off.

I want to get radgee about it but for what.

Yet I find myself at boiling point not knowing ffs.

Wish I didn't give a f***

There's not even a grey area with this situation, it's all or nothing.

If Rafa leaves is he free to discuss his reasons for not signing a new contract?  I’d guess so as his current contract is over and they’re not negotiating terminating a contract. 

The only thing I am clinging onto is Rafa has been told something is afoot with respect to a takeover - hence the silence

Although I suspect this will probably go the same way as Shearer

If Rafa leaves is he free to discuss his reasons for not signing a new contract?  I’d guess so as his current contract is over and they’re not negotiating terminating a contract.

When I left my last job I received a letter reminding me that I signed up to maintain confidentiality even after departure. There will only be so much he’ll be allowed to legally say

When I left my last job I received a letter reminding me that I signed up to maintain confidentiality even after departure. There will only be so much he’ll be allowed to legally say

Especially after Keegan.

Rafa would let us know though, through one channel or another.

Guest chopey

So Rafa has turned the contract down and he leaves 30th June and even if we get new owners they want their own man