Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

The contract was put to Rafa weeks ago in London and it still lies unsigned.

From what I've heard, there is no chance that he'll sign it so it's ether Takeover or bye Rafa

He would have signed a new contract a couple of weeks ago if he was happy with what he was given and it seems they haven't given him anything to help take the club forward. Even Coverdale in The Sun mentioned in his article yesterday Benitez is worried he will have less control if he signs a new contract so if that's true the club are given him less control than he originally had. Benitez went to the trouble to sell Ashley his vision for the club in that meeting yet he likely feels now that went in one ear and out the other with Ashley because of the takeover which they failed to inform him about. That meeting was a complete waste of Benitez's time.

Even with a takeover its not certain Benitez would stay, but its the only way I see him signing a new contract. Any chances of rebuilding trust between Benitez and Ashley disappeared in the last few weeks because just like the first time cracks were showing in their relationship during the Championship season its a lack of communication as to why Benitez can't work with the club anymore. I would rather Benitez left at the end of June rather than sign a new contract as it will just be a repeat of the last two seasons and I personally just don't want to go through all that drama again.

Theres no hope man sooner people realise that. Truth is in 18 days Rafa is no longer manager

Howay man, get off the fence and let us know what you REALLY think.  :lol:

Had you down as a positive type of guy.

The person who has posted that on here is more demented than the creator of that abomination. May God have mercy on your soul.

His 2nd post in 6 years and he goes with that? Jeez :lol:

Theres no hope man sooner people realise that. Truth is in 18 days Rafa is no longer manager

As far as NUFC goes all my positivity has slowly been sucked out of me the last 13 years

Everytime this club kicks us in the balls yet we always come back for more. It's like we all have battered wife syndrome

Guest chopey

As far as NUFC goes all my positivity has slowly been sucked out of me the last 13 years

Everytime this club kicks us in the balls yet we always come back for more. It's like we all have battered wife syndrome

I think I would feel like a massive weight was taking off my shoulders if Rafa left and Ashley took the club off the market because then I could just walk away and not look back, its the hope that used to kill me now its the not knowing.