Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

8 for me. Might be naive and it could end up hurting a lot, but I don't get hysterical about it all. He wants to stay, the board wants an overachieving manager.

Rafa doesn't want to have to overachieve, just to retain PL status.

'But those sad Geordies raised their game against us. Hope [insert bad thing that could happen to Newcastle United, ie Rafa leaving, Ashley staying forever, here].'

Liverpool supporting "friend" of mine on Facebook was complaining that we played a lot better against them than we did against Man City. When I pointed out that we actually beat City the reply was "yeah, by parking the bus, not like you even tried to win".

Logic.

'But those sad Geordies raised their game against us. Hope [insert bad thing that could happen to Newcastle United, ie Rafa leaving, Ashley staying forever, here].'

Liverpool supporting "friend" of mine on Facebook was complaining that we played a lot better against them than we did against Man City. When I pointed out that we actually beat City the reply was "yeah, by parking the bus, not like you even tried to win".

Logic.

Should have started Joselu like we did in the away game against them...

It would be wrong to say I don't care, but I'm not really bothered what Rafa does. I'm not renewing, in fact I want nothing to do with the club as long as Ashley is around.

I'd like to trust in Rafa's integrity, if he stays it will be for the right reasons. He's smart enough to not be dicked about and to make sure to get things in writing.

So if he stays I'd be quite a bit more invested than I am now, until the inevitable constructive dismissal tribunal which will make for great reading.

It's hugely likely MA fucks this up.

I like that Rafa has put a timeframe on it today. 'You'll know in ten days' effectively puts a gun to their head which is what I suspect he's told them privately to.

Under Ashley this could've dragged on all summer with any other manager (like a Pardew type) as they'd always normally be desperate yes men. Not Rafa.

Give me what I want, by this time, or we're done here.

It's hugely likely MA fucks this up.

I like that Rafa has put a timeframe on it today. 'You'll know in ten days' effectively puts a gun to their head which is what I suspect he's told them privately to.

Under Ashley this could've dragged on all summer with any other manager (like a Pardew type) as they'd always normally be desperate yes men. Not Rafa.

Give me what I want, by this time, or we're done here.

Sounds romantic but if hes been so brazen with MA, we all know how this turns out.

Rafa is much more diplomatic than that.

Guest chopey

From Ashley's point of view and the fact that he wants 17th every year, what the fuck does he need a Rafa Benitez for?