Best formation for our squad?

Nepharite

We need a right back of the same quality as Rose on the left. That’s probably the only way you can play a back 4. Having Schar play DM actually may have some merits covering. We need better CMs than we have on the books. We need a better CF.

FINALLY need a new manager.

But anyway - Jamaal, Lejeune, Rose and a new RB. New DM or Schar. New CM. Miggy or Saint Max left wing. New 10. New RW. New CF.

The current crop aren’t scoring or creating enough. We need an overhaul if we want to move this team’s formation. The back end of last year worked because of Rafa and his instructions and preparation drilled into these players. They simply are not good enough to play anything expansive.

In summary: I haven’t a clue.

btw 4-4-2 ain't gonna work with this group of players, not enough pace in the defence and all of the CM options have proven they're not that effective in a two

so he'll have to go 4-5-1/4-1-4-1 to get any kind of meaningful change out of them but he'll face the same set of issues he has now surely

EDIT:

lazaro-----schar----lascelles-------rose

-------------hayden--------------

ASM---bentaleb----longstaff---almiron

----------40m man----------------

that's the best i think you could get out of them changing the system, maybe swap longstaff/hayden around or whatever but give the DM that sole role to protect and ensure the other two are always moving looking for the ball

he's still playing almiron on the right though so i'm not hopeful :lol:

Then he needs to stop whingeing about the players not being up to playing how he would like them to. Nothing boils my piss more than hearing him coming up with excuses for the rancid football on show when he clearly has no idea what to do about it.