On this day...

Tooj

Guest firetotheworks

Ooooh, I'll have to watch that later. IIRC that's got my favourite goal of that season in it with a lush, casual one-two on the edge of the area.

Guest firetotheworks

Just had a quick look at work and it was him double step-over-ing, leaving the right back on his arse and then whipping a ball in. :love:

• 2 weeks later...

Six years ago today Hearts were given a winding-up order thanks to the antics of Romanov and their weekend game was set to be their last.

Supporters since then have raised £8m to save the club and help move forward again. They’re now top of the league.

Goes to show what can happen if a fanbase unites and pulls together.

I know the scales

• 2 weeks later...

25 years ago today (Jesus!) – Coley’s hat-trick vs Liverpool at the Gallowgate in the snow(drops!)! Mocking the manager in the away dugout about being on the dole very soon certainly bit us well and truly on the arse 13 years later :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Some superb team goals that day!

I remember the Andy Cole hat trick that day.  Believe it or not, I had my betting slip written out with Cole hat trick and 3-0.  The wife saw my betting slip and "persuaded" me to not put the bet on.  She said it might put the "mockers" on.  I wasn't too happy with her at the final whistle.

We are still married and still have our season tickets.  However, I never tell her of any bets I have on now.

25 years ago today (Jesus!) – Coley’s hat-trick vs Liverpool at the Gallowgate in the snow(drops!)! Mocking the manager in the away dugout about being on the dole very soon certainly bit us well and truly on the arse 13 years later :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Some superb team goals that day!

"SOUNESS FOR SUNDERLAND!"

Guest firetotheworks

I'm probably wrong but I remember every goal being exactly the same. Like exactly the same. :lol: Lee/Beardsley with a through ball to Sellars on the left then squared to Cole to score.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is all about Kevin and everyone knows what he means but as an aside how classy is Ossie Ardiles in this ? Invites the journos into his front room and the proceeds to call the club who has just sacked him "beautiful".

Met him in New York a few years back at a NY Spurs event. Diamond geezer. There were many in that team - Ardiles and Hughton are prime examples.

This is all about Kevin and everyone knows what he means but as an aside how classy is Ossie Ardiles in this ? Invites the journos into his front room and the proceeds to call the club who has just sacked him "beautiful".

Met him in New York a few years back at a NY Spurs event. Diamond geezer. There were many in that team - Ardiles and Hughton are prime examples.

Mad that Chris Hughton is 60

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...