MOTD - Luque a £9m waste of money

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

Luis Garcia was a spanish misfit when he joined too. However, Liverpool were open minded and educated enough to keep faith and made a player out of him. Do you think if he got relegated to the reserves that he would have made any progress in adapting to english football?

But they were quick to get shot of Fernando Morientes when they realised he wasn't up to the task. Can you imagine how pissed off you would be if you went into work and they said, oh we've brough someone else in to do your job he's not very good yet but you never know he might come good soon. Bollocks to that I'd be a tad pissed off knowing I was being kept out of the side by someone who was performing like Luque.

Erm who exactly would he be keeping out? Shola!? :lol:

Morientes was given every opportunity at Liverpool. He wasn't thrown into the reserves after only a handful of poor performances. When it appeared that he wasn't adapting they handled it so that another team could make use of him and get some money back on him. Sticking him in the reserves achieves NOTHING at all. On the pitch currently we are achieving NOTHING AT ALL. What have we got to lose by giving him an actual RUN of games?

20 points  blueyes.gif

Guest Ned Kelly

It wasn't MOTD, but it was Gavin Peacock's opinion.

Aye, fair do's a correct opinion at that. Luque was a superb player at Depor, however since he joined us he's been a freeloader who just doesn't seem to care about the club.

If only we had more current players who served the club with the sheer effort that Gav did during his playing days here we wouldn't be in the position we currently are. Couple this with a feckless chaiman who has barely made a correct decision in his entire tenure and the short-term future is looking bleak.

Roeder is seemingly out of his depth at this level and despite the heroics of last seasons honeymoon period I'm starting to really lose faith as to whether he can turn it around at. However It's really FFS who we should be aiming most of the bile towards tbh.

Guest thompers

Luis Garcia was a spanish misfit when he joined too. However, Liverpool were open minded and educated enough to keep faith and made a player out of him. Do you think if he got relegated to the reserves that he would have made any progress in adapting to english football?

But they were quick to get shot of Fernando Morientes when they realised he wasn't up to the task. Can you imagine how pissed off you would be if you went into work and they said, oh we've brough someone else in to do your job he's not very good yet but you never know he might come good soon. Bollocks to that I'd be a tad pissed off knowing I was being kept out of the side by someone who was performing like Luque.

Morientes was given every opportunity at Liverpool. He wasn't thrown into the reserves after only a handful of poor performances. When it appeared that he wasn't adapting they handled it so that another team could make use of him and get some money back on him. Sticking him in the reserves achieves NOTHING at all. On the pitch currently we are achieving NOTHING AT ALL. What have we got to lose by giving him an actual RUN of games?

20 points  blueyes.gif

Explain.

Guest Invicta_Toon

20 points  blueyes.gif

Explain.

errrr. ok

he no score we no win game we not get points ug  blueyes.gif

20 points  blueyes.gif

:lol:

Guest thompers

20 points  blueyes.gif

Explain.

errrr. ok

but errrr we no score anyway and no win any games anyway so errr dat wudnt be any different wud it

Yes. The fact that Shola looks like he puts in a session when he plays compared to Luque shows how bad it's got for him. He's also got to get in ahead of Sibierski as well, who like I said has played well enough to try and keep his place in the team even though he has played less games than Luque.

Guest Ned Kelly

20 points blueyes.gif

:)

Guest Invicta_Toon

20 points  blueyes.gif

Explain.

errrr. ok

but errrr we no score anyway and no win any games anyway so errr dat wudnt be any different wud it

ooooh he point make good!  :homer:

Guest woffy_27

I agree with luque being not good enough 4 the premier league but hes still a hero to me scoring agaisnt the unwashed at the stadium of s***e! To be fair he aint had a good run in the team, what i seen of him in spain he looked a top class player - its a shame he cant cut it in this league after splashing 9mill on him..

Guest thompers

I agree with luque being not good enough 4 the premier league but hes still a hero to me scoring agaisnt the unwashed at the stadium of s***e! To be fair he aint had a good run in the team, what i seen of him in spain he looked a top class player - its a shame he cant cut it in this league after splashing 9mill on him..

How can you say that he hasn't had a good run in the team yet still come to the conclusion that he can't cut it?

Guest woffy_27

because i have seen him play and dont think he is good enough, maybe if he did have a run in the team and his confindence builds then maybe we could see the best of him, but sadly i dont think it will happen

Luque has been a very good player, and in brief glimpses for us has looked good too.

He needs a run, he needs confidence to express himself.

I'd be right pissed off if Roeder was letting Alex Ferguson tell him what the pecking order should be and who should be on the bench etc.

Let it go Roeder, give Luque a run, he has the potential to be one of our best players, letting him sulk on the sidelines is not good management.

Luque has been a very good player, and in brief glimpses for us has looked good too.

I'd be right pissed off if Roeder was letting Alex Ferguson tell him what the pecking order should be and who should be on the bench etc.

Let it go Roeder, give Luque a run, he has the potential to be one of our best players, letting him sulk on the sidelines is not good management.

I take it you had been drinking before, during and after the games you believe Luque played and looked good ?!?!

Ferguson isn't, if he was he'd be telling us to play him and to be honest we should be cause he's probably better than the pair we've got up front at the minute. One thing is for certain though Fergie won't let us have Rossi after January.

errrr. ok

Games Luque played in (under Roeder): Sunderland, Lillestrom, Wigan, Aston Villa, Ventspills.

Games Luque scored in: Sunderland, Lillestrom and Wigan (bad offside decision).

Game Martins played in: Every match since Aston Villa

Game Martins scored in: West Ham (edit) Talinn (2)

****ing silly to write off a player like that, especially when you consider that people are mostly judging him by the games where he was thrown into the deep end by a clueless manager carrying a personal vendetta.

Shows how shit Luque has been for us when his defenders have to resort to comparing him to Shola tbh. Ironically Shola still looks by far the better bet (even crocked) for us.

I take it you had been drinking before, during and after the games you believe Luque played and looked good ?!?!

Were you at the mackem away game or Lillestrom home ? N

No I only drink after the match as I like to see what is going on, which in Luque's case is a quality player who is low on confidence and finding it difficult to adapt to new surroundings.

You obviously don't like him, but I reckon if he's given a run we may well see the quality come through.

If we were in the top 4 and scoring freely I may think we should leave things as they are.

We are'nt.

Guest Imperio

Don't see the problem starting him in a few games, we may as well as long as he is here as the front two at the moment aren't cutting it. Even a midfield makeover like this:

-Luque---N'Zogbia---Parker----Duff

Could do us a few favours.

errrr. ok

Games Luque played in (under Roeder): Sunderland, Lillestrom, Wigan, Aston Villa, Ventspills.

Games Luque scored in: Sunderland, Lillestrom and Wigan (bad offside decision).

Game Martins played in: Every match since Aston Villa

Game Martins scored in: West Ham.

****ing silly to write off a player like that, especially when you consider that people are mostly judging him by the games where he was thrown into the deep end by a clueless manager carrying a personal vendetta.

Incredible piece of spin there, Blair would be proud.

Funny how you can count Luque's goal versus Lillestrom yet ignore Martins' brace versus Talinn.

Funny how you can count Luque's goal versus Lillestrom yet ignore Martins' brace versus Talinn.

Ahhhh thats the game :D sorry, slipped. Still, despite having (much) fewer starts, Luque has managed to score the same number of goals Martins has. Isn't that enough to give him a run in the side for a few matches at the very least?

Lillestrom? :lol:

Yes Lillesroem. Played us off the park until Luque scored.

Were you there ?

Soopafantastic.  :lol:

:confused:??

If that means super fan then no not really.

40 odd years of mainly pain and shit, occasional good times, bleed black and white but not a super fan.

I know some who are, but don't think I qualify.

But I take it that's a NO anyway ?