Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Deserves his thread by now considering the intense transfer talk.

Hope he's not the only striker acquisition if he signs as we need a proven striker considering the options we have.

Seems a bit inconsistent by all reports but has a good upside, pace, strength, power and is good in the air. Was certainly tipped for big things a couple of years ago.

Happy to welcome him here tbh provided we sign a main no.9 that can guarantee 15-20 goals a season.

striker who doesn't score goals, good idea

In a ridiculously creative Monaco team... 

I assume we are going to bring in a more proven goal scorer to work alongside him. I guess strikers are harder "to get over the line", as they say.

I assume we are going to bring in a more proven goal scorer to work alongside him. I guess strikers are harder "to get over the line", as they say.

if there's such a thing as a football plan i hope he's a target man type who brings others into play, if so then i imagine they think the goals will be coming from de jong and cabella...highly unlikely we get a top class striker unless they're sitting it out for a lukaku or ba on loan type deal

if there's such a thing as a football plan i hope he's a target man type who brings others into play, if so then i imagine they think the goals will be coming from de jong and cabella...highly unlikely we get a top class striker unless they're sitting it out for a lukaku or ba on loan type deal

He isnt though, hes an explosive strong player who tries to get in behind as far as I know.

"I was dreaming of Arsenal. You have to believe and never let go. We will see what happens."

If he signs and does well here... :yao:

A Debuchy.

:lol: We're college.

We're community college at best :lol:

I remember watching him play for St. Ettiene when he was teenager and I  was thinking to myself that this guy is no good and won't make it to anywhere beyond lower French leagues or lower teams in the Ligue 1.

I certainly hope he's improvement a lot.

Latest from the Journal.

Newcastle United looking to recruit two strikers - with Emmanuel Riviere set to sign

United want a more senior forward to play alongside Riviere, and have targets abroad despite a fresh round of Andy Carroll talk

By Mark Douglas

Newcastle United are set to seal a deal for Monaco striker Emmanuel Riviere this week – before they go hunting for a more senior striker to shoulder the goalscoring burden.

United have agreed terms with Feyenoord for £5million man Daryl Janmaat, who will seal a switch to Newcastle on Tuesday – provided he has recovered from the virus which prevented him from jetting into Tyneside for his medical yesterday.

And tomorrow they are set to clinch a deal for 12-goal Monaco hitman Riviere, who will join a striking pack that will be beefed up further by Newcastle in the coming weeks. He will go straight into the first-team mix but Riviere is seen as a talent to develop, with Newcastle eyeing others.

They remain on the trail of several targets, with Andy Carroll’s name thrown into the mix by an intermediary in recent weeks.

But United have not made a formal approach for the forward and sources close to Carroll have rubbished talk of him leaving Upton Park.

His wage demands would, of course, be an issue at a club where he would easily be the top earner.

Instead United’s “three or four” targets are understood to be based abroad, with the club continuing to monitor Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette despite being quoted a huge fee by the Ligue 1 outfit. Two are understood to have played in France.

Although strikers remain a burning issue for Newcastle, they believe they have made one of their biggest signings in recent seasons by landing £10million forward Remy Cabella. A beaming Alan Pardew even thanked himself for his part in pulling off a deal that Newcastle had been working on for weeks.

“It’s part of a rebuilding process and a big part of it,” Pardew said.

“A lot of work has gone into his signing and I’d like to pay tribute to my staff, in particular Graham (Carr) and myself, Lee (Charnley), Mike (Ashley) and everyone on the board.

“We’ve worked really hard on this and he’s a player we think is important, which is represented in the fee and represented in his commitment to us. I’m just looking forward to seeing an exciting talent.

“He’s a player who has been on our radar for a while and he is a marquee signing for us. He represents for us all Newcastle fans love in a player. He has flair but also real hard work and commitment. He will bring talent to St James’s Park I hope our fans really enjoy. He’s got great ideas when the ball comes to him and along with Siem he can improve an area where we needed some help.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-looking-recruit-two-7422958