Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Seems pretty final then, he's gone if that's true :lol:

Infuriating.  The man's went and lay down his plan and what he thinks is needed to take the club forward, they've basically said 'we hear you Rafa, but no, take this or leave'.

At least in the next month or so I'll know whether I can just completely ignore the club or continue to give a shit.

Infuriating.  The man's went and lay down his plan and what he thinks is needed to take the club forward, they've basically said 'we hear you Rafa, but no, take this or leave'.

At least in the next month or so I'll know whether I can just completely ignore the club or continue to give a shit.

I’m not sure it’s done like. He might leave it last minute and sign it, knowing if a takeover doesn’t happen then he’s not tied down long-term, and if it happens, he’ll likely get a new contract anyway if we’re doing well.

Guest godzilla

At least in the next month or so I'll know whether I can just completely ignore the club or continue to give a s***.

I’m not sure it’s done like. He might leave it last minute and sign it, knowing if a takeover doesn’t happen then he’s not tied down long-term, and if it happens, he’ll likely get a new contract anyway if we’re doing well.

I think the takeover is the reason they have only given him the offer of a one year contract in the first place.

Previously thought 1 year extension would be a good option for him as it pretty much ensures he doesn't get fucked over too much, but I doubt it's something he'll fancy when it isn't going to be the project he wants.  Just means the next season is another ambition-less exercise in staying up, not sure he'll bite.  Hope he doesn't as it'll be just enough to keep the masses content.

The fact they're only offering this just shows that even with Rafa, we are going to continue limping along doing the bare minimum. 

Fuck them.

Guest godzilla

10 days. He must know his decision by now just come out and say rafa

Why would he if the takeover is near completion and everything would change. It says a lot that there is no word of him rejecting anything, if there was no takeover then I would very much have expected him to have turned down that alleged offer when it was first made.

via The Sun.

"The transfer fund of £50m is non-negotiable" there they go twisting the issue again to try and make out that Rafa is asking too much when anyone who knows will understand that Rafa is more bothered about who we can recruit.

At least in the next month or so I'll know whether I can just completely ignore the club or continue to give a s***.

I think the takeover is the reason they have only given him the offer of a one year contract in the first place.

Obviously.

1 year extension suits everyone can easliy be extended as soon as the new owners arrive.

Gives Rafa the option of leaving at the end of next season if the new owners don’t arrive.

Hopefully he extends a year then decides on longterm next year based on if the new owners come in :thup:

via The Sun.

"The transfer fund of £50m is non-negotiable" there they go twisting the issue again to try and make out that Rafa is asking too much when anyone who knows will understand that Rafa is more bothered about who we can recruit.

Never mind the fact that last we heard there was nearer £70m available.

Completely pointless and hypothetical but if it’s £50m plus sales and Rafa can buy who he wants, and can use instalments, he’d be able to do some decent business. It’s much more than he’s had before.

It won’t be though, will it?

Who at the sun is mentioning this 1 year thing?  Bit intrigued with it being them who got the heads up about the takeover and now this, which looks like nothing more than an attempt to make Rafa look like he's asking for too much.

Who at the sun is mentioning this 1 year thing?  Bit intrigued with it being them who got the heads up about the takeover and now this, which looks like nothing more than an attempt to make Rafa look like he's asking for too much.

The article was written by Coverdale.

He also says Benitez has had no contact from the Bin Zayed Group so he is not going to sign a new contract in the blind hope the takeover might happen.

I really don't think Benitez's silence really means anything, I just think he feels leaking anything is a wasted effort to pressure the club to do the right thing.

Guest godzilla

The article was written by Coverdale.

He also says Benitez has had no contact from the Bin Zayed Group so he is not going to sign a new contract in the blind hope the takeover might happen.

Maybe he hasn't but I'm quite sure he will know off Charnley via Ashley what is going on.